Helm's Deep

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#121 cyber-maxx

cyber-maxx
  • New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:32 AM

So Gothmog was planned for the future or something. I remember him saying that he was going to include him, at the least. :grin:

what??????? :grin:
luke i am you daddy!!! lord vander

#122 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

So Gothmog was planned for the future or something. I remember him saying that he was going to include him, at the least. :grin:

what??????? :grin:

woow, you just quoted something of three months ago :grin: that's a new record i think.
Gothmog has some slight mistakes with arms etc. when mounted. It's planned for the future.
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#123 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:StopMotion the Matrix Burly Brawl smith fight in lego (its gonna be wicked sick man!) w00t
  •  n00b

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

^^And that is precisely one of Celeglin's elves' best assets: late game BOOM.
I'm sure you've heard this before, but from experience we can tell you that camping (or often playing defensively in general) with the elves in the early game isn't gonna end up rosy for you. :grin: You have to constantly creep and send out scout forces/raids. That can be really useful if you often put it into effect.

yeah i understand, but its my weak points really, i never raid and i really should make use of their stealth abbilities.
i just wipe em out with my full strength if i can late game if i last that long. i really ought to pick up on that raiding thing cpu's do but from their performance in raids i'd say it was pretty pointless, but i guess i am the elves so il try

i guess it keeps them from attacking for a while :grin:

also i ALWAYS send out 2 or 3 sentinals to spy on enemy raids and round the camp so i know when there comin' . i think they should have a sabotage ability but it might be hard to do but its a good idea i believe, cos they can put buildings out of action so they cannot create and cannot produce resources from the desired building

also by the time ive held out long enough i think il have a strong late game army anyway, cos im good at holding out. helms deep rocked even harder with the mod

Edited by Duplo, 18 September 2007 - 03:55 PM.

#124 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:14 AM

Hmmm...that sabotage idea sounds pretty cool. If it is possible, you should mention it to the RA team. :p
That aside, you've made a good point about using the sentinels. I usually find that they are very good at their job, that's why it's good to have them along the main paths that lead to your base. And to make it really effective it's a good idea to station three or so battalions of Scouts just out of the Sentinels vision range, that way the enemy force won't know what hit them. :p

Not meaning to be pedantic, but strategies should be confined to the Strategy thread. :)
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#125 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:StopMotion the Matrix Burly Brawl smith fight in lego (its gonna be wicked sick man!) w00t
  •  n00b

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:02 PM

Hmmm...that sabotage idea sounds pretty cool. If it is possible, you should mention it to the RA team. :D
That aside, you've made a good point about using the sentinels. I usually find that they are very good at their job, that's why it's good to have them along the main paths that lead to your base. And to make it really effective it's a good idea to station three or so battalions of Scouts just out of the Sentinels vision range, that way the enemy force won't know what hit them. ;)

Not meaning to be pedantic, but strategies should be confined to the Strategy thread. ;)

ahhh yes. but i have a problem finding all these pages. id like to know where they're discusing arrows and stuff mainly

#126 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:01 PM

Shhhhhh You were never supposed to mention that Anyway, yeah elves are op. Elves don't stand a chance though against isen in a rush. But other than that, it is nearly impossible to beat them properly. There's only one other thing I can think of that may work against them but I need to test it out with Elvenlord first

Oops.....sorry ;)

And what would that be?

What? My strat? I'm not posting it, though I might pm it to you, if you're lucky, for reasons I'm about to state......

Here's the deal:
My computer got a virus. I lost everything......
Now, my dad won't give me administrator status on my computer, so I can't download anything.
Tis very sad. It's pretty much the end of modding and playing online for me................ :D

Or did you mean Rob's?
;)

Edited by Elvenlord, 19 September 2007 - 09:06 PM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#127 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:41 PM

I'm happy to get either strategy. :D
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#128 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

Here's the deal:
My computer got a virus. I lost everything......
Now, my dad won't give me administrator status on my computer, so I can't download anything.
Tis very sad. It's pretty much the end of modding and playing online for me................ :D

Or did you mean Rob's?
;)

\
Excuses, excuses ;) You're just afraid of me kicking your butt :) But seriously, that's not good news. Where in the world did you get such a nasty virus?! And don't you have Norton or something that protects you?

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#129 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

I did, but I don't know where the hell it went.
I actually had 3 different virus protection systems.......

Ok, I think I'll pm my strat to Olorin, then you can try it agaisnt him.....

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#130 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

Unless I can magically convince my parents to get me a new PC for me sometime soon, I don't think I'll be playing online for a little while. :lol:

Still, it would be good to know you're strategy. :p
Posted Image

#131 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

:lol: :p :)
I JUST sent you my strat!

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#132 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

if you want i could do it sometimes?

#133 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

Hmm.... maybe, though I don't feel like typing it all again, it took me awhile......

Olorin, there's always christmas :lol:

Oh, btw, I'm now the #1 poster in TEA. I've even passed Cel......

Edited by Elvenlord, 20 September 2007 - 12:46 PM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#134 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hmm.... maybe, though I don't feel like typing it all again, it took me awhile......

that's why they invented copy and paste :lol:

Congratz... Now i have to pass you. I wonder what my rank is here...

but let's get back on-topic:

should Helm's deep get more starter units?? it might help. Usually i'm still organising the defence when the uruks arrive. And i'm done when the first wave is dead.

#135 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

that's why they invented copy and paste :lol:

Congratz... Now i have to pass you. I wonder what my rank is here...

ADDD BY MEEEEE and by top poster. do ya mean best and most useful sensible posts or the most posts ???

should Helm's deep get more starter units?? it might help. Usually i'm still organising the defence when the uruks arrive. And i'm done when the first wave is dead.

#136 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

Most Sensible-Celeglin
Most-Me

Yes, there is copy and paste, butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :dry:

Pass me? I have nearly 3x the posts you have total in TEA alone...... :p

Edited by Elvenlord, 20 September 2007 - 09:31 PM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#137 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:39 AM

Olorin, there's always christmas :sad:

True, but I'm hoping for an electric guitar instead. Meh, I'll try. ;)

Well you are the God of Spam. :p

Actually, this topic is long dead, and there's not much to talk about with it, unless you want to make something up. Celeglin finalised it, and frankly when I played it on a Medium difficulty (I think it was Medium, anyway) I found it far more challenging, but in a good way. It was very fun, and I lost half my heroes and new units; thank God that I managed to keep Eomer's army - I was doing so well with them.

Most Sensible-Celeglin
Most-Me

Couldn't agree more. :p By the way, how do you check? I'd like to think I'm second. :p
Posted Image

#138 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:59 AM

Helm's deep was far more challenging.
i agree. but the lag of my computer.......
nah don't want to talk about it :sad:

#139 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

yeah helms deep was better i agree, but take someone who is not the best gamer in the world and he couldn't get to helms deep...he'd miss out, but is the answer by any chance "well...tough then "

i like the endless onslaught, but in easy the endless onslaught isn't as impressive.

mhedit - I don't care about Elvenlord's PC problems

Edited by mh_gollum, 24 September 2007 - 10:48 PM.

#140 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

love the mod and loved the helms deep lvl, seemed just like the film, one litl thing i didnt like was the over large scale of orcs for minas tirith, yes there were loads in the book and film, wht makes the amount worse is that they are ranked aswell, wen my cavalry came they were all wiped out b4 they gt half way down the pelennor area, wich i fpund very annoying
think maybe lower the amount of waves by 1 or 2, and put their ranks down abit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users