Photo
- - - - -

CNC3 Expansion Pack?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

Also, it’s worth noting that GDI is hedging its bets for its ground and air forces. At the same time that GDI commanders field their relatively low-tech, trusty, and cost-effective weapon systems, the large network of GDI weapon labs across the Blue Zones of the world are working to keep GDI on the leading edge of technology. A number of black projects are underway in 2047, projects that could yield exotic new weapons that could be fielded within a matter of a few years. Work continues on new generations of walkers and hover technology that address the issues with cost, reliability, and survivability . Completely new technologies are in development as well.

~EA Games on GDI tech

Why not leave it out in the release of the game so we can add it in an expansion pack.? Not a bad strategy IMO.

#2 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

Heh, maybe they're going to use the sales strategy they use for the new need for speed, where you have to buy the best car though micro-transactions.

It's 100% sure this game will get its expansion, and I think it might bring things like mechs etc. But atm, its hard to tell, since we havent even seen the finished CNC3 unitlist yet.

#3 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:13 PM

Actually this could also mean that they'll appear in later gameplay...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#4 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:34 PM

Yeah, i read it that way as well. But EA hasnt showed us much units yet, so we'll just have to wait and see

#5 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

Dont mind expansions as long as there isnt more than one and it is has to be as good as Firestorm. :D

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

It doesn't matter if there is a couple of expansion pack... just as long as they don't go everboard like with the Sims lol. 6 - 7 packs for one game :D

They could always have an expansion pack dedicated to each side, adding new units, building and that would allow for a large campaign expansion too.
Posted Image

#7 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:02 PM

I'm confused though as to how they can suddenly get rid of the mechs complaining of cost and reliability, replace them all with tanks, then just as suddenly remove the tanks and bring back mechs, I mean, why not just improve the existing mechs? Methinks they've seen the outcry for mechs and are now acting on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#8 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:09 AM

I think EA sucks at marketing.

#9 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

Heh, maybe they're going to use the sales strategy they use for the new need for speed, where you have to buy the best car though micro-transactions.

It's 100% sure this game will get its expansion, and I think it might bring things like mechs etc. But atm, its hard to tell, since we havent even seen the finished CNC3 unitlist yet.

It'll definitely get an expansion. No EA game doesn't get a quick follow-up sequel or expansion pack these days.

Actually this could also mean that they'll appear in later gameplay...

Yeah, that's what it sounds like to me, I don't think this is an indicator of an expansion pack at all. It's possibly they might hardly appear at all, and just be part of the mission scenarios and plot though.

It doesn't matter if there is a couple of expansion pack... just as long as they don't go everboard like with the Sims lol. 6 - 7 packs for one game ;)

Make that 16 expansions - 7 for 'The Sims' and 9 for the sequel (one is still pending release).

I'm confused though as to how they can suddenly get rid of the mechs complaining of cost and reliability, replace them all with tanks, then just as suddenly remove the tanks and bring back mechs, I mean, why not just improve the existing mechs? Methinks they've seen the outcry for mechs and are now acting on it.

Yeah, that makes no sense to me at all. I think they realised they'd shot themselves in the foot by not including them, then blown a leg off with a grenade when they came out with the stupid excuses for not including them. We'll see.

#10 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:43 PM

Which is great news for cnc3.net. Now we can include them right away and use them as tutorials to show users how to bone/rig/code units.

With variations we can teach people how to mod on an even greater level. Master Windu is preparing models for us to use for such purposes.

It's exciting stuff here. We are light years ahead in our goals over other cnc3 sites.

#11 ScreamingCricket

ScreamingCricket

It will be done when it's done.

• Hosted
  • 2,284 posts
  • Projects:Vietnam | Glory Obscured
  •  So Say We All

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

It's exciting stuff here. We are light years ahead in our goals over other cnc3 sites.

Thats becuase we're awesome.

I've no doubt there will be at least one expansion pack, as has been with all other cnc games. It seems the expansion packs have always allowed them to get to all the ideas they didn't have time to put into the retail game. Plus I'm always up for more campaign missions.
Posted Image
Hot Cup of Blog?
EA Mythic - Terrain Team
The Mod is NOT dead. I've moved into my new house and finally able to start working on things again. So you will just have to give me time to work on stuff so we have things to show. Unless you can pay me, then things will move faster...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users