http://pcmedia.ign.c...13094146951.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.c...04102409075.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.c...04102404106.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.c...04102400810.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.c...13060413745.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.c...23113504587.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.c...02045803630.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.c...21084149569.jpg

Edited by AdmiralGT, 18 November 2006 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#2 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

Already pre-ordered from Play. *drools*

Hopefully it'll come a day early or so, Thursday or Friday. A man can dream...

#3 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:17 AM

I intend to go Venice - an easily defendable city, not too many enemies nearby, a good chance for land and naval expansion, and close to the pope for political dealings.
Posted Image

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:45 PM

I'm going to town first thing Friday to pick this bad boy up.

I had my comp upgraded on Saturday, in prep for SupCom. With a 7600GT and an additional gig of RAM, I should eat this game alive for breakfast. I can already play Oblivion at almost full settings (in the wilderness, Oblivion or indoors I can crank it to full, but in towns and cities it can jag ever so slightly due to number of actors on screen all at once...think I need to clock my CPU a tad), so I think Meddy 2 will be eaten. And yum yum, look at the graphics! :p

#5 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

On an unrelated note: You will not use Oblivion as a metrage for the performance of your PC. Ever. The engine is fucked up beyond all repair, even more so than the 3dmark'06 scores.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#6 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:41 PM

On an unrelated note: You will not use Oblivion as a metrage for the performance of your PC. Ever. The engine is fucked up beyond all repair, even more so than the 3dmark'06 scores.

The game is perfectly fine, bench mark scores are fine too. People always say things are fucked up when they really arnt just cuz your PC isnt capable of handling higher-end software doesnt mean its fucked up. Im assuming you have a bad PC, if not please tell me, I havnt had any problems at all with either.
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#7 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:03 PM

I'm thinking he said that because it's not representative. My PC runs Oblivion just fine, yet I think some of the newer games to be released won't run as good.

#8 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:35 PM

I run this bad boy on full settings.

I was really shitting myself last i played tho. France started battling me, then the pope ordered ME to end hostilities. I couldn't (I wasn't prepared to give them fuck all in return for a cease fire), but then FRANCE GOT EXCOMMUNICATED! JOY!
So the requirement to cease fire disappeared, and now I get to march on Paris with complete impunity.

Meanwhile, up North, I pretty much fucked Scotland over. I captured their king and heir apparent in one battle, ransomed them but Scotland couldn't afford to pay. Executed. :thumbsupsmiley: Then they got all sissy on me and begged for a ceasefire. So I made them pay me 2000 florins tribute for ten turns and give me their map in return for the peace. I basically just beggared them. Somehow they've STILL managed to come back with a full fucking stack on York...they lifted their own siege for some reason, and so I'm going to destroy them in West Yorkshire when I get back home with my own king and his full stack. And when I say destroy, we are talking biblical pwnage.

#9 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

Well me and Milan got booted out of the chruch for fighting and I found myself with no allies other than Sicily, fighting Imperial troops in Italy and the Balkans with Milan and Denmark pitching in too.

Fortunately, I was able to inflict a string of defeats against the Byzantines.

Sicily stuck with me, helping me to drive the imperial forces out of Italy (even moving their troops to help me in a siege! improved AI there), and not caring about getting excommunciated. I then waged war with Milan, took over the Balkans, consolidated power in the Med with crete and rhodes, and launched an invasion of Greece. Then I spent my time getting back in the popes good books. When I did, I became allies with 2 former enemies, Denmark and Hungary, who seem to be content in being the pope's attack dogs.

Egypt have captured the holy land, France and England have fought each other to a standstill, and Turkey are driving back the Byzantines. Spain is a battleground between catholocism and islam, and Spain and Portugalare concerned with little else.

Then the Sicilians betrayed me and tried to capture Venice while my troops were away. Fortunately, I managed to hold them off long enough for my general to return. At the same time, I found myself having enough influence over the pope to request a crusade.

'Sicily'.

After all, so nearly excommunicated, so near to the pope himself, and such a pious nation having a heretic for a king?

Currently, the Empire have struck back in the Balkans, but 6000 troops of christendom are making their way down the boot of Italy. With hungary, Denmark, Poland and Spain this loyal to the pope, if only I could control him...

And in the east, me and the turks have got the Byzantines tied up between us. Grrece for me, Turkey for them. Simple!

Edited by Comrade Kal, 14 November 2006 - 03:42 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:55 AM

I took Paris easily enough, defeating the king and his army inside the city, and two smaller reinforcement armies.

Trouble is, Milan struck without warning with a force twice the size of mine at Paris (a full stack basically), and will take it next turn no question. I only have a set of about 3 mailed knights, a couple of levy spearmen and spear militia and a couple of merc spearmen. I haven't got a prayer of holding off. I tried one tactic which failed. I reloaded the save as I think I can possibly try something different. There's no way I can get an army there in time for the next turn to assist, and there's no way I can get Milan to go away. Chances are I'll just be forced to march on northern Italy in trade for Paris...there's no way they can afford any more armies of that strength.

#11 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:12 PM

If the situation is desperate you could always buy them off.
Posted Image

#12 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

see you and your advertising is gonna make me buy this Game. So corporate :lol: .
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:47 AM

That would imply that:

1) At the time, I had more than 300 florins at the end of any one turn.
2) I am willing to show weakness to France, of all nations.
3) France would have accepted the bribery.

My general and his garrison fought to the last fucking man and took half of the enemy with them, despite being outnumbered three to one. I had recaptured the city within two turns and just massacred the prisoners.

A similar thing happened in Antwerp. Denmark decided they wanted to partay, so they sent a force at my really weak defence in Antwerp. The defenders fought to the last man again, and in the end, of nine hundred and fifty enemy troops, only ninety-five remained to capture the settlement.

My spy was still in the settlement, so I didn't even have to wait a turn as he opened the gates for me and I just cut them asunder with a swath of Mailed Knights.

Scotland are completely OUTTA THERE, I control all the British Isles, much of France and all of Belgium. France only have Toulouse left, and I'm contemplating leading a full stack to finish them off. Denmark are a bigger problem at the moment, though.

I have some of the most dreaded leaders everywhere, and my TEN-STAR Prince Henry will soon be put at the helm of the campaign to rid the world of Denmark. Fortunately, Denmark are excommunicated at the moment, so I must press the advantage. Hurry your ass, Henry and get your ass to Holland!

#14 Bebbe

Bebbe

Savvy ?

• Project Team
  • 670 posts
  •  The original guy

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

God ! I won't buy this but you guys sure are getting me back to playing R:TW

#15 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:25 PM

Trust me, I didn't think it would be, but this owns RTW hands-down. And believe me, I LOVED RTW.

#16 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:23 PM

Medieval setting is better though. I always liked Meddy 1 better than RTW but had to play RTW for its uber-3dness compared to the older one. :lol:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Bebbe

Bebbe

Savvy ?

• Project Team
  • 670 posts
  •  The original guy

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:21 PM

Meh ,, I reinstalled RTW like 3 times and deleted the RTW folder ,, but got an error when I wan't to start it up :S
I'll just keep dreaming ,, tell me more :thumbsupsmiley:

Oh btw , I don't think my comp could run this game anyway :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Bebbe, 17 November 2006 - 08:23 PM.

#18 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 18 November 2006 - 02:59 PM

It absolutely pisses over RTW. You could NOT go back.

Well they say the first crusade to the holy land is an unforgettable experience, and mine certainly was. It's not entirely evident from the pic, but there was a massive unscalable cliff between me and the egyptians, and they had massive amounts of catapults and trebuchets so I ducked round the side of the mountain, and attempted to scale the friendlier side. However, I soon found myself slogging through an uphill battle. Fortunately, my horse archers, who were skirmishing with egyptian ones around the whole mountain range, managed to rain enough arrows down on the enemy position to make them break, and I followed through with my (utterly exhausted) foot knights.

I went on to take Acre and Jerusalem.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0019.gif

Posted Image

#19 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:36 PM

I edited the first post to stop the super stretch on the page.

I've been playing as the English, I'm on about my fourth attempt with them seeing as I kept screwing up. Took Scotland pretty easily and all ther Rebels on the UK Mainland (The scots moved all their forces away and I swooped in for a quick victory).

I then went to the Mainland. France attacked me and the Pope tells me to make diplomatic relations with them. The French refuse a ceasefire even though I'm kicking their arse. Then I start fighting back and I get excommunicated by the Pope. Pfft. I start raining down a tirade of attacks on France whom now only have 2 cities left, one of which is under siege. The old Pope snuffs it and a new Polish Pope (whom I'm friend with) comes in and I get back in with the Pope. Then Milan start attacking me and get excommunicated so now I'm beating down on them too.

Only 60 turns in, and I'm already ranked number 1 in everything (Only medium difficult, I'm a bit of a pansy). Oh, and now my Prince has been told to go on a Crusade by the Pope. Bugger.

#20 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:26 AM

I got lucky about four times with the 'make peace with your neighbour' thing...they all got excommunicated by attacking me (sieges you were laying before the papal demand was made don't count as an offensive action). A good trick is to send a useless pansy unit somewhere easily attackable and when they attack they get booted and you're free to deliver your true justice to the now-heathenous dogs.

I hoofed Scotland completely, and I ended up taking France not long after. I captured 2 Portugese settlements (Bordeaux and Pamplona) on behalf of the Explorers Guild, and shortly after some Rebels moved in and captured the only other Portugese settlement.

Sicily had been pissing me off for a while, so I got the Pope to commission a crusade. I already had a full stack with my king and two other generals in the north of Italy. Now, let me tell you about this king. He's 10 star general, with 10 Dread and 10 Authority. He has Dread Knight, Chivalrous Knight, and god knows how many other guys. I led this king to victories with fuck-all losses against six armies of the Sicilians. Once, for a laugh, I launched my knights along at a wall of spearmen because I was sick of 100%ing the enemy with only 2 or 3% losses (that's losing 50-odd men of my army versus over a thousand of theirs). The spearmen RAN BEFORE THE HORSES EVEN HIT THEM!

So, my obliteration of the Sicilians was a complete slaughterfest..ridiculously easy, and I have 3 full units of cavalry who are three-gold-striped super elite veteran units. I whacked everywhere north of Rome, and by then the entire royal family had been destroyed so all the others became Rebel towns. I sacked every settlement of Sicily, and got like 20k from each. Cha-fucking-ching :rolleyes: Not only that, the Pope is humping my leg something awful...I could destroy his home country of Poland and he probably wouldn't care.

I'm going to head eastward and take Jerusalem. I'll probably launch a sea invasion with about four full stacks in fleets of my new Gun Holks. THEY SHALL ALL PERISH.

One thing I have noticed, though, is not EVERY daughter on my family tree is becoming a Princess. I should have about thirty...but all I get is two, and both of them are wenches with Yappy Little Dogs. ARGH! HOW DO I GET RID OF THE HORRIBLE PARTS OF THE RETINUE!? Also, I notice you can't name your own faction heir like you could in RTW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users