• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

Looking great and promising as always...especially Gandalf! Royal Guards are a bit too costly...900 u know...even more than Galadrhim :lol: maybe make em 700? Or 600 but from lvl 2 Barracks? Dunno... If you could add Erkenbrand or maybe Westfold Footmen with Swords and Axes tho it would be even more... *gets smacked by Celeglin and faints* :ninja:

Edited by Gherrick, 17 November 2006 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 chaoserver

chaoserver
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

Im confused, have you updated the bata download on the site to contain this? I read the updates and am dying to try.

#23 Guest_swan_*

Guest_swan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:40 PM

Great job Celeglin! Gandalf and Rohirrim are fantastic, I really like new Spearmen of the Heavens too.
Just excellent work!
I have some suggestions: maybe change the colour of Royal Guards helmets to silver, or grey- in those
purple they look like Uruks... but it's not very important, they're still amazing. And I suppose that adding Erkenbrand is a good idea - Rohan needs a tough foot hero as a support for infantry. And maybe shift banner
carries upgrade over to the Barracks, beacuse now Isnegard, Elves, Rohan have all improvments in one building.

Several questions:
1. Are you going to add animations or appearance changes after leveling-up for Elven buildings?
2. Are you going to add Knights of Dol Amroth for Gondor?
3. Are you going to make new skins for all heroes? I've just compared Theoden, Eomer and other with Haldir and Gamling on the Helm's Deep Wall, and your heroes are better than original - I'd love to see Boromir or Aragorn as nice as Haldir.
4. How's with voices? Will they be fully made in updated beta?
5. Where can I post balace changes propposals for TEA?

And please, PLEASE, make more changes for campain, Helm's Deep, Lothlorien and Minas Tirith are amazing, but other missions are so boring...

Finally, sorry for my language - I come from Poland and I don't speak English fluently yet :thumbsupsmiley:

#24 lecrae

lecrae

Jesus Freak

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  learning how to skin

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:56 PM

he will be updating more campaign missions. See Link :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
98% of American teens have tried pot. If your're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16

#25 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

Looking great and promising as always...especially Gandalf! Royal Guards are a bit too costly...900 u know...even more than Galadrhim :thumbsupsmiley: maybe make em 700? Or 600 but from lvl 2 Barracks? Dunno...

Note that the Royal Guards are built with heavy armour already on them. So they end up costing (with all upgrades) 2050; Galadhrim Warriors, however, cost 2250 to purchase and upgrade. And the Royal Guards are already only purchasable when the Barracks gets to level 2.

Great job Celeglin! Gandalf and Rohirrim are fantastic, I really like new Spearmen of the Heavens too.
Just excellent work!

Thank you kindly!

I have some suggestions: maybe change the colour of Royal Guards helmets to silver, or grey- in those
purple they look like Uruks... but it's not very important, they're still amazing.

No, it definitely doesn't matter; especially since I don't agree with you lol.

And I suppose that adding Erkenbrand is a good idea - Rohan needs a tough foot hero as a support for infantry.

Not adding him until I really need to for balance reasons.

And maybe shift banner carries upgrade over to the Barracks, beacuse now Isnegard, Elves, Rohan have all improvments in one building.

I'm increasing the cost of the Rohan Armory to make up for it's new bit of usefulness.

1. Are you going to add animations or appearance changes after leveling-up for Elven buildings?

Some already have these things, and others just aren't suited for it. I might work with the Rivendell Stables to do some of this.

Doubtful.

3. Are you going to make new skins for all heroes? I've just compared Theoden, Eomer and other with Haldir and Gamling on the Helm's Deep Wall, and your heroes are better than original - I'd love to see Boromir or Aragorn as nice as Haldir.

As I said in another thread recently, Thoeden and Eomer are on the top of the reskin list, and the other Good heroes will probably be done at some point as well.

There will be more. I now have voices for Amroth's Knights, Sentinels from Woody End, Avari, and Cirdan. That leaves the Banner Carriers and Glorfindel.

The BETA thread.

And please, PLEASE, make more changes for campain, Helm's Deep, Lothlorien and Minas Tirith are amazing, but other missions are so boring...

Yeah yeah yeah... Planned changes are, as lecrae said, on the Campaign page. We'll see how it goes from there

Finally, sorry for my language - I come from Poland and I don't speak English fluently yet :thumbsupsmiley:

My goodness I never would have guessed. You speak better english than many people I know who claim english is their first language lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:57 PM

I couldn't tell either :thumbsupsmiley:

I really need to find someone with a mic, all that is left are banners and Glorfindel :thumbsupsmiley: :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#27 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:18 AM

To address some of the confusion around the boards the past few days, no I have NOT released a newer version of the mod yet. I will do so soon'ish, but it's not out there yet.

I will be releasing another version of the beta fairly soon that will fix the exploitable bugs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:45 AM

Just excellent work!
purple they look like Uruks... but it's not very important, they're still amazing. And I suppose that adding Erkenbrand is a good idea - Rohan needs a tough foot hero as a support for infantry. And maybe shift banner
carries upgrade over to the Barracks, beacuse now Isnegard, Elves, Rohan have all improvments in one building.

Several questions:

Well I come from Poland too :thumbsdownsmiley: ...and I think adding 2-3 more new heroes like for example mounted nazgul, Grima, Beregond would be good. But its your mod. :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

My goodness I never would have guessed. You speak better english than many people I know who claim english is their first language lol.

Thank's Celeglin :thumbsupsmiley: You flatter me :thumbsdownsmiley:
Yes, more heroes=more fun :lol: But it's probably hard to balance them, isn't it?

#30 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:41 PM

more heroes=more fun=more work=more time till next version=more fun....
can't let Celeglin make another RA by himself either :thumbsdownsmiley:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#31 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

Then it would really never come out :thumbsdownsmiley:
:thumbsupsmiley:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#32 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:32 AM

Well, we just have to be patient :p

#33 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

Me?Patient?!?!?!Where are you from :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#34 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:36 PM

Me?Patient?!?!?!Where are you from

From Poland :rolleyes:

#35 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:20 PM

Me?Patient?!?!?!Where are you from

From Poland :D

Same tbh. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Guest_Tegalad_*

Guest_Tegalad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:59 AM

The Rohan barracks look incredibly bland. (No offense though, good work Celegin)

That's the definition of contradictory if I ever saw it.

And yes, I will be adding animations to the building: this is the basis of the model though, and I figured I should show it as it might be a little while till I work out animations.

Don't worry I wasn't trying to make too much critizism. But a peasant practicing with a Royal Guard for animation would be PERFECT. :p

On another note, would it be possible to maybe downsize the Elves castle just a bit? The trees around the citadel make it look gigantic compared to the regular factions. Possibly a little balance factors playing in there I think.

Last thing, the starting batt for Elves is wayyyyy too OP. The reason being, you can creep all the warg lairs immediately while the other factions are left w/ infantry. Elves should have a different starting unit.

Cheers.

#37 lecrae

lecrae

Jesus Freak

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  learning how to skin

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:47 AM

but the other factions can own the mirkwood scouts with infantry if the elven player isn't careful. So i think that everything is ok. For example if an isengard player rushes the Elven player, that guy can kill the scouts and the elven player is pretty much lost. :p And uruks are cheaper than scouts.

I think Celeglin did an excellent job with the balancing and he introduced new strategies to bfme :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
98% of American teens have tried pot. If your're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16

#38 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:33 AM

I didn't even know the elves got starting units, yet I never struggled with defending against enemies.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#39 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:18 PM

Same tbh.

Yes, nice to have a compatriot here :p :p

I think that Elves early game is really interesting and original. Scouts are very good unit, but against Uruks or Gondor Soldiers can do nothing. Without scouts as a start unit elven early game would be incredibly hard. Creeping trolls and wargs is necesarry to make elven economy stronger and to get Spearmen as a blockade.
And don't forget that Elves can't harras or even attack effectivly lumber mills or Farms early game - impossible with archers.
So IMO elven arly game is rather hard for inexperianced player or someone who doesn't like baby-sitting units.

I think Celeglin did an excellent job with the balancing and he introduced new strategies to bfme

I think the same.

#40 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:30 PM

Haldir rush is extremely effective though, as he can act as a meat shield while scouts slaughter enemies.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users