Photo

Skirmish AI 2.0 Beta 4 - Post Comments In Thread!

45 replies to this topic

#41 ThetaOrion

ThetaOrion

title available

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:59 AM

I have a fairly good feeling the bugs with the teleporting are relic issues as I have experienced them in human vs human games without the AI mod.

--

Well, I have only experienced the disappearing Monolith or Monolith teleporting bugs with an AI present, but in my case, it was the human player who was experiencing the bug.

Anyway, you are right, it's probably a Relic hardcoded bug that Arkhan and Larkin can't touch, but every once in awhile, these guys surprise me and find a workable solution while they are in there tweaking the AI. Sometimes they fix something in the AI and it seems to magically carry over into other things as well -- some kind of global variable thing that they clean up or stabilize, most likely. It's happened before with other things, from what I remember, but obviously not if the whole thing is hardcoded and locked in stone by Relic.

Wouldn't surprise me if Thud were to write, "we can't do that, because it's a Relic bug," and it wouldn't surprise me if one day Arkhan writes, "I found what was wrong with the nearly damaged teleporting Restored Monoliths, and I fixed it, for the AI at least." I have seen it go both ways.

Edited by ThetaOrion, 17 November 2006 - 02:00 AM.

#42 Malkor

Malkor

Eternity

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Projects:Loladins of Legend.
  •  Inanely inane inanities!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:31 AM

sup battle scarabs

Yup, they tried to get into the SM base. The necrons also had a monolith that needed repairs but they just ignored it.

Yeah, they're completely ignoring the damaged monolith that came back when it was damaged in restored mode.

edit -

To clearify, the mono was "killed" by the SM. It was stunlocked by terminators and forced to do its 20% emergency teleport thing, putting a tier3 monolith with 20% of its life back in the necron's base. After that happened, all of their workers suicided the SM base. They rebuilt the workers, but don't seem to notice that monolith. Additionally, they aren't upgrading the other two they have to a restored monolith. They do repair other stuff. They also do have a 20/20 16/20 army in their base waiting for action.

Attached Files

Edited by Malkor, 17 November 2006 - 03:39 AM.

#43 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:34 AM

Hmmm.. the Scarab Builders should have repaired that Monolith as it approached its base. Odd..
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#44 Malkor

Malkor

Eternity

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Projects:Loladins of Legend.
  •  Inanely inane inanities!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:53 AM

The monolith DIED as in it was returned to tier3 status by getting too damaged, so it didn't approach its base, it was teleported back via the emergency mechanic (NOT the AI's mechanic, what happens when you "kill" a restored monolith).

#45 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:14 AM

Oh.. thats completely different. :lol:
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#46 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:13 PM

The monolith is a bit buggy. I'm aware of three problems with it which seem to be hardcoded bugs:

First is the monolith not getting repaired by the builders for some time although they've nothing else to do. This can take minutes, and eventually they 'get' it suddently and repair it.

Second is the monolith not getting upgraded to restored status for some unknown reason. The buildcontroller tryies to build him, but the buildplan fails since there's no valid build channel found. What often helps is when the other two monoliths are upgraded. One of those always seems to work.

Third is the monolith not getting upgraded to tier3 because he 'thinks' that tier 2 addon was not researched. But tier2 was already researched and the monolith on the field a 100% tier 2 upgraded monolith.

And speaking of necrons:
The lord has a tendency to get stuck even on open field when ressurected. Although I've also seen ork gretchin squads getting stuck, so that's not a specific necron problem.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users