Wanna spice up AI with SCAR ?

15 replies to this topic

#1 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:36 PM

Since I'm learning SCAR for DCPro I'd like to spice up the AI mod with some simple SCAR actions. A simple and effective use is to allow AI to donate excessive resources to allies.

Another action is to make the AI enter buildings and let them exit by SCAR.

What do you think ?

Edited by LarkinVB, 17 November 2006 - 11:57 PM.

#2 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:36 AM

Cool!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Looks like the IG troops get another chance for bunkering. Transfering excess resources is also quiet nice.

Wouldn't have thought that SCAR also works in AI mode.

I'm not sure if Thudo also sent this Relic DC design doc to you, but they've listed some commands for AI which didn't work with the basic AI interface. But it's possible that they are SCAR only commands. Maybe you've a look at it when you've some spare time. If you don't have it, I or Thudo can send it to you.

Great discovery Larkin! :thumbsupsmiley:

#3 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:49 AM

Please send it to me. I came across SCAR for DCPro to make broken necron warriors to auto teleport to monolith and found it works well with AI too.

Bunker IG squads under attack and SCAR can release them afterwards. If we can make AI talk to SCAR we can even think about pinging players when the AI is attacking. SCAR can talk to AI with CPU_DoString() but I have no clue yet to do it both ways.

#4 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:16 AM

http://forums.relicn...mp;postcount=53
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#5 danuker

danuker
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:21 AM

This sounds promising for improving the AI mod further! :thumbsupsmiley:

#6 Malkor

Malkor

Eternity

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Projects:Loladins of Legend.
  •  Inanely inane inanities!

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:31 AM

Aye. Garrisoning is one of the key defensive aspects of the tech builds I'm putting together, and for the AI to be able to take advantage of this feature will help them immensely in FFA situations.

#7 PhoenixHeart

PhoenixHeart
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 06:57 AM

but.... but.... this will delay release further! I want my AI mod now.... :cry:

hehe how bout releasing it first then doing SCAR coding as a release update? :thumbsdownsmiley:

#8 dctrjons

dctrjons
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:17 AM

but.... but.... this will delay release further! I want my AI mod now.... :cry:

hehe how bout releasing it first then doing SCAR coding as a release update? :thumbsdownsmiley:

Hehe was thinking the same thing...

But FMI n layman's terms. What is SCAR, will help me understand the SCAR page.
My GUESS is that what you are saying is that access to the actual locked scriptings are able to be modified? And it's an essentially a separate layer of AI control than whever the heck you use now [LUA it looks like]. Am I even close?

Edited by dctrjons, 18 November 2006 - 07:18 AM.

#9 ThetaOrion

ThetaOrion

title available

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:53 AM

Can you use SCAR to space out the buildings a bit on LARGE maps so that we have no more stuck ubers?

If so, that too would be good usage of SCAR and an end to an old AI issue.

And of course, if you can use SCAR to activate a few more of the Necron Lord's special abilities so the AI can use them, that too would be a good use of SCAR in my humble opinion.

--
||
--

Aralez and Ruosteinen used SCAR coding to create functional tunnels on some of their maps, DrawBridge Recreated and Castle Ruosteinen.

Ever since then, I have had great respect for the powers of SCAR coding.

Magic in a bottle!!

#10 Malkor

Malkor

Eternity

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Projects:Loladins of Legend.
  •  Inanely inane inanities!

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:15 AM

if SCAR can help determine and sort targets to make Sentinels target vehicles, that, too, would be another incredibly useful feature.

#11 ThetaOrion

ThetaOrion

title available

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:02 AM

Looks like there is already Larkin SCAR goodness showing up in the AI Skirmish Mod.

The Sky is the Limit!!

. . . as they say.

#12 Lprsti99

Lprsti99
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:55 AM

if SCAR can help determine and sort targets to make Sentinels target vehicles, that, too, would be another incredibly useful feature.

I remember back when DoW40K was lookin for AI, but it wasn't done, as the AI couldnt differentiate between infantry and vehicles (a major part of the mod) If this worked, then couldnt it be done for that mod, too?

Also, could someone remove the {WA} tag from my name? Thanks

#13 Lprsti99

Lprsti99
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:44 AM

*bump*

I guess someone saw this, as my sign in name is now Lprsti99, but I meant the display name as well. And about DoW40K...

#14 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:01 PM

I remember back when DoW40K was lookin for AI, but it wasn't done, as the AI couldnt differentiate between infantry and vehicles (a major part of the mod) If this worked, then couldnt it be done for that mod, too?

Larkin once had a look at the dow40k ai. Not sure what problems occured back then which could be solved now.

You should contact a forum admin/mod for that.

#15 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:33 PM

I tried but even I don't have the power to alter names. Other stuff.. yes but you'll need to ask the VERY HIGHER UPs on Revora to change yer name.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#16 Lprsti99

Lprsti99
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

Larkin once had a look at the dow40k ai. Not sure what problems occured back then which could be solved now.

The problem, IIRC, was that the AI couldn't keep regular squads, such as marines, from shooting at targets they couldnt damage, like vehicles and most buildings. If Malkor is right, in that

if SCAR can help determine and sort targets to make Sentinels target vehicles

Then the same could be done to keep regular squads from attacking targets impervious to their fire. Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding this/Malkor is mistaken

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users