plz help me :)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 fragspot

fragspot
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

have download it and installed it and all that. But wjen i am going to strat it it dont work, there comes a sign there it stands "***FATAL***String Manager faild to initialized properly"
what shall i do.... plz help me :(

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:04 PM

you either
Have the wrong patch, you need 1.03 :p
You have other mods installed
Uhm, can't think of more...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#3 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:10 PM

Maybe you need to erase your skirmish profiles? Only do that as a last resort though

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

I have the same problem, maybee cause i have the german version of BFME ??

Plz help us.

#5 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:08 PM

^ having a different language of the game shouldnt effect anything when playing the mod other than they may speak english and it is written in english
Posted Image

#6 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:29 AM

I have a funny feeling you have other mods on your computer that modify your root Battle for Middle-Earth files. Here is everything you need for the mod, and some possibly solutions to problems:

- Battle for Middle-Earth (not BFME II)
- Patch 1.03
- You may have to uninstall any other previously downloaded mods (some mods are BAD and don't allow you to play any other mods)
- If all else fails, uninstall BFME, delete everything in the Battle for Middle Earth ™ folder, reinstall, repatch, then install the mod again.
- Make sure you use The Elven Alliance icon to play the mod, not the normal BFME icon
- If you get an error on the skirmish menu, this is because your skirmish profile has information from another mod that conflicts with The Elven Alliance. To fix this, go into your My Battle for Middle-Earth folder (Should be C:\Documents and Settings\YOURACCOUNTNAME\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth Files) and move YOURNAMEskirmishstats file out of this folder (move it somewhere for safe keeping, this is your skirmish stats information).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:35 PM

I have a funny feeling you have other mods on your computer that modify your root Battle for Middle-Earth files. Here is everything you need for the mod, and some possibly solutions to problems:

- Battle for Middle-Earth (not BFME II)
- Patch 1.03
- You may have to uninstall any other previously downloaded mods (some mods are BAD and don't allow you to play any other mods)
- If all else fails, uninstall BFME, delete everything in the Battle for Middle Earth ™ folder, reinstall, repatch, then install the mod again.
- Make sure you use The Elven Alliance icon to play the mod, not the normal BFME icon
- If you get an error on the skirmish menu, this is because your skirmish profile has information from another mod that conflicts with The Elven Alliance. To fix this, go into your My Battle for Middle-Earth folder (Should be C:\Documents and Settings\YOURACCOUNTNAME\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth Files) and move YOURNAMEskirmishstats file out of this folder (move it somewhere for safe keeping, this is your skirmish stats information).

OK i deleted and reinstalled everything, but still the same error message ( when i double click on the TEA icon!!) means i cant enter it.

maybe cause i install the mod in the My Battle for Middle-earth Files folder? in the german version i have a other folder with same name (but in german)

PLZ help me iam really sad cause this mod looks so god dammed good..

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:15 PM

if you have a german version, you have to edit the tea shortcut... or you can do it another way (of the same, only different)

1. Copy your BFME shortcut.
2. Right-click, then properties. (the one at the bottom)
3. In Target add this behind everything: -mod ElvenAlliance.big
now it should look something like this:
"E:\Games\Kampen om Midgard™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod ElvenAlliance.big (mine is norwegian, but you see the idea, right?)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#9 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:56 AM

If people who have different languages for their games could post the address of their Battle for Middle-Earth root folder (as Lauri just did), I could upload different versions of the mod for different language versions of the game.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

German: Die Schlacht um Mittelerde™
Espanol(?): La Batalla por la Tierra Media™
French: La Bataille pour la Terre du Milieu™
Italian: La Battaglia per la Terra di Mezzo™
Dutch: The Battle for Middle-earth™ :p
Norwegian: Kampen om Midgard™ :p
Polish: Bitwa o Œródziemie™ :mellow:
Swedish: Härskarringen™

I think it's like that...

*cough* Support Folder *cough* :shiftee:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#11 Guest_George_*

Guest_George_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:22 PM

I must have a original game? :thumbsupsmiley:

#12 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

You must own Battle For Middle-Earth to play this mod.

Btw Lauri, odd that they have ingame voices in Dutch, yet the title isn't translated. Would've been "Het Gevecht om Middel-Aarde" or something like that. I definately prefer the original, English voices.

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:36 PM

Do they have ingame voices in Dutch? O_o

Never noticed that... I just thought the tooltips were translated, and that's it.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#14 Guest_Bobby_*

Guest_Bobby_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:54 PM

Plz Help Me..! I heLp The ProbleMs.. To plaY elfeN alliance,
I download the Patch, I install The patch, I have Patch 1.03,I have BFME original version, But It cannot Play!!.. Why..!! :(

It's Say >>
Invalid Sound 'UglukVoiceAttack'
error parsing Field 'VoiceAttack' in Blok 'Object' in file 'data\INI\Object\evilfaction\ugluk.ini' <<

Why this is error..?? Plz Help me...... :(

#15 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:37 AM

@ Matias
I thought so but I've never tried it out. My siblings have though and I thought it were Dutch voices. At any rate I prefer the English game so I'm not going to try it out :p.

@ Bobby
I'm sorry, I don't know enough of TEA to tell you why you are having this problem, I assume you have tried deinstalling and reinstalling the mod? It could also be that the installer file is corrupted. Anyway, Celeglin or someone else will probably know more than I do about this.

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:23 AM

I re-Install The Bfme, then I Download The Last patch,I also install the Mod.., Now it's have diffrent error massege It's says..>>

Please insert Correct DVD-ROM, select OK and Restart application

That The program Said..!!

I Put My DVD-ROM inside but It's Not play..!!??"
What havent??..

I also Try The Old way..
Copy the Game.dat from Cd To BFME Files, But it's play The diffrent, It's back To the Old Patch !!

Somebody pls Help...??!!!! :(

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:32 AM

hOW To Uninstall the Mod??

#18 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:12 AM

In Windows XP that would be Control Panel -> Software -> search in that list for "The Elven Alliance" or something like that. In Windows 2000 it's under Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs -> search in that list for "The Elven Alliance".

Can you play BFME without the mod? You should try that, to see if it's the mod or something else.

#19 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

Plz Help Me..! I heLp The ProbleMs.. To plaY elfeN alliance,
I download the Patch, I install The patch, I have Patch 1.03,I have BFME original version, But It cannot Play!!.. Why..!! :(

It's Say >>
Invalid Sound 'UglukVoiceAttack'
error parsing Field 'VoiceAttack' in Blok 'Object' in file 'data\INI\Object\evilfaction\ugluk.ini' <<

Why this is error..?? Plz Help me...... :(

this sounds like you have moddding something yourself. have you <:)

Can you play BFME without the mod? You should try that, to see if it's the mod or something else.

trust me Blaat, its not the mod or installer :p
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users