I give up.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

I've made several attempts to save this with absolutely no response whatsoever.
So forget it, I give up, I'm not going to go on wasting my time with long shot posts to try and draw people in for a single reply before they disappear into the wilderness again.
There's still potential and it can still be saved but so far I've seen totally underwhelming support from everyone except one person who I can think of at the moment. So post if you'd like, try and make a difference, but unless there's an effort from everyone this RPG is doing to die probably within a few days and end up like any number of ridiculous RPGs here with no posts.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#2 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:37 PM

It was fun, until it ended up with like three people about 2 months ago. The prime thing about this is that there was many countries and players you had to bear with. When I attacked Crave, I thought this was gonna go big and involve a lot of the nations in the north, but everyone stopped caring right about then.

I'm ready to get back, if the others do as well.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#3 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:19 PM

We may just go with the retcon I've been talking about and start fresh... May be the best option at this point in time.

And it'll be freeform the next time around, with little to no fixed storyline. So it'll be better overall. Perhaps we should just consider the first time around more of a learning experience?
Posted Image

#4 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:30 AM

It's not the story that was the problem, it was people vanishing into thin air for some reason. One left and it started a chain reaction, cause a game like this is pretty much only fun when there are a lot of players. We need to find a whole pack of players before something like this will succeed.

(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

#5 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

Another reason why I feel we should start over. However I think the story and how fixed it was to a storyline drove off some players, factoring into the amount of players just disappearing.
Posted Image

#6 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:44 PM

You're both right really. I personally got very put off by the fixed story line that you and ash were planning in private and we basically ended up having to wait for you two to do stuff before we could. I just lost all motivation and couldn't be bothered posting after that.

#7 US Airways

US Airways

Stewardess, I speak jive!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Projects:Life

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:39 AM

I second Torn: It was in a volitile state near the beggining of August and we were all ready to get into something when we had to postpone it for week(s?) and interest just seemed to fade. It seems a shame to start over though...besides, would it change anything?

#8 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:13 AM

I got turned off when ash asked me to come back as insurgents, I post some insurgency, he slaughters my people. I escalate, he acid bombs me. I had no chance of even adding to the storyline.

It was a waste of time IMO.

#9 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:38 AM

Crave, I think without a storyline it'd probably be better. Think NS.

#10 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:44 AM

That's what I'm thinking. However, I've been rather tried for time lately. =/ I'm not sure if I'd be able to give my all to managing it again.
Posted Image

#11 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

Have two people manage it?

#12 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:31 PM

During this RP I found out I can't understand most of the war posts made in this RP well, let alone write them myself. I really enjoyed the trading bit and writing the topics I made about my Queen. Funnily me joining this actually just happened because I was joking to Ash how I knew nothing of RL tanks but do know chemistry stuff. I'm glad that I joined, because there were some nice moments/topics/posts that I wouldn't have want to miss out on.

I think I also see the above points about the storyline, with a less strict one it may be more interesting for people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users