News 24/11/06

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:21 PM

Yes. more types of orcs and orc archers are really needed. First time I played BFME I was really dissapointed
with orcs - bald, without helmets and shields or small clubs, onlt 3 types of weapons... making several random types of orsc will be great IMO. And in book and film they were rather diversified, but armoured.

I'm thinking of doing something with the Ringwraiths... Possibly removing one of the fellbeast riders and adding in two who are onfoot/mounted on a horse...

Nice idea, but I suppose that they should be late-game heroes, giving Mordor a fast harras early-game hero, like in BFME2, would make loads of balance problems.

#22 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:47 PM

Yes. more types of orcs and orc archers are really needed. First time I played BFME I was really dissapointed
with orcs - bald, without helmets and shields or small clubs, onlt 3 types of weapons... making several random types of orsc will be great IMO. And in book and film they were rather diversified, but armoured.

Uuuuugh....

Nice idea, but I suppose that they should be late-game heroes, giving Mordor a fast harras early-game hero, like in BFME2, would make loads of balance problems.

Yes, late game for sure. Not as good as fellbeast-riding wraiths, but definitely not early game heroes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:03 PM

oh darn, what have I started? ^_^

well, I doubt that you'll make a mini-RA, but it just looked like you were going that way :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#24 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:35 AM

Well done on the skins, now we all have a bit of eye candy in the game! Would you be able to show us the new Saruman?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#25 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:06 AM

I would really like to see ringwraiths on horses :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:10 AM

Impressive. But why being so lazy suddenly? Will you put the other renders online someday? :p

#27 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:03 AM

Please, show Saruman as fast as you can :)

Yes, late game for sure. Not as good as fellbeast-riding wraiths, but definitely not early game heroes

Uff, what a relief :p

50th post ;) :p :p ^_^ !

Edited by swan, 26 November 2006 - 09:04 AM.

#28 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

I don't know how keen you are on LUA scripting, but a good thing for the Black Riders would be making it so that they get a passive fear ability, but only if there is a small number of enemies nearby. That way they can't solo huge armies, but are deadly against lone wanderers.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#29 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:23 PM

Impressive. But why being so lazy suddenly? Will you put the other renders online someday? :p

Please, show Saruman as fast as you can ;)

I'm not being lazy, I actually have all the new skins ready to be posted, it's just a matter of finishing the last few and then uploading. I'd rather post one update with multiple renders, than multiple updates with one render.

I don't know how keen you are on LUA scripting, but a good thing for the Black Riders would be making it so that they get a passive fear ability, but only if there is a small number of enemies nearby. That way they can't solo huge armies, but are deadly against lone wanderers.

No thanks. Mordor will already have five units (Wraiths + Witch King) that have abilities that make enemies run away, and then the Eye of Sauron. That's enough to keep the enemy in perpetual fear, if you play it right. No need for passive fear on the Nazgul as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

I wonder which special powers will mounted Nazguls have. Only Screech, or maybe something more?

#31 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

I wonder which special powers will mounted Nazguls have. Only Screech, or maybe something more?

Something more. Ideas? I don't want more than three new abilities for them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 entwife

entwife
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:49 PM

Maybe, but I don't think that adding more heroes for evil factions is good idea. Good factions should be hero-based, to many evil heroes would make game imbalanced. But one more hero for Mordor is an idea to think over.

I'm thinking of doing something with the Ringwraiths... Possibly removing one of the fellbeast riders and adding in two who are onfoot/mounted on a horse...

thats a brilliant idea, always liked the wraiths on foot etc, re skins look brillaint

#33 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:30 PM

Cel should just rename his mod RA since he will do as much as them :p

no treebeard :(
Posted Image

#34 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

My ideas for Nazguls:

Mount/Dismount - Level 1
Chase - Level 3 (+20% speed, +50% trample damage and can trample more units)
The Aura of Death - Level 6 (nearby enemy units get hurt while being near the Nazgul or attacking him)
Screech - Level 8 (Fear)

Nazguls should deal more damage against Frodo, should see hobbit with The One Ring on the finger and get much more damage from Arwen's and Glorfindel's attacks. And maybe from Aragorn, too.

#35 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

I like most of that. Good thinking, swan.

As a semi-side note, I just went out and bought a Hadhafang replica sword (Elrond/Arwen's sword). It's really inspired me to do some work on the Elven weapons. Might do some of that soon.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:46 PM

:thumbsupsmiley: o god not more redoing of things :p
Posted Image

#37 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:46 PM

Can you get me one for Christmas? :thumbsupsmiley:
Maybe something to do with the morgul blade?
Like seriously injure a hero or something?

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#38 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

Maybe something to do with the morgul blade?
Like seriously injure a hero or something?

That I'd like to save for when and if I ever expand on the Witch King.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:51 PM

that made me think. as bad as EA did to the tolkien (sorry if spelled wrong :thumbsupsmiley: ) side of the story in bfme2, i think it would be cool that if you stabed someone with a morgul blade it would turn them into a wraith
Posted Image

#40 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

That's why I didn't suggest it, EA already has it :thumbsupsmiley:
He didn't say no to getting me a sword for christmas :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic