Photo

Erase

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:30 AM

elves castle is way too big. I like everything so far but the castle is just way too big. The citadel should be downsized along with the trees surrounding it. Then just make the castle perimeter slightly smaller and it'd be perfect. I say this because when you're defending your base the citadel is so tall that when you need to do something on the other side of the citadel, it's impossible. This is the only flaw that I don't like.

P.S. when will there be a new beta out? Does it take too long to put up, because otherwise I can't wait to use the new hero skins and stuff.

P.P.S. What is the elves siegery? I found no entmoots or anything, so what do you use? :huh:

#22 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:33 AM

Elvenlord, I'll do something bad to you this time if you reply :huh:

Read the stickies ;)

EDIT: and now I realize if you look back and forth from my avatar to my post it looks kinda strange ;)

Edited by HunterGXO, 01 December 2006 - 04:28 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:27 AM

P.P.S. What is the elves siegery? I found no entmoots or anything, so what do you use? :huh:

Heroes and summons:

Galadriel: Bring Down Its Walls does huge damage to structures. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to have it so you can target walls and gates with this ability.
Elrond: Power of the Bruinen brings down gates in one blow. Also very powerful against structures.
Glorfindel: Light of the Noldor also good damage against buildings, including gates.
Eagle Allies: Use them to take out archer towers.
Ent Allies: Duh ;) .

So yeah, you have a really different experience with siege when playing as the Elves as they have no conventional siege weapons. Have fun!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:01 PM

Heroes and summons:

Galadriel: Bring Down Its Walls does huge damage to structures. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to have it so you can target walls and gates with this ability.
Elrond: Power of the Bruinen brings down gates in one blow. Also very powerful against structures.
Glorfindel: Light of the Noldor also good damage against buildings, including gates.
Eagle Allies: Use them to take out archer towers.
Ent Allies: Duh ;) .

So yeah, you have a really different experience with siege when playing as the Elves as they have no conventional siege weapons. Have fun!

Definetely make Treebeard avaliable from the citadel.

#25 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:40 PM

Hell no.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:51 PM

Hell no.

Then when will the Elves get their balance work? Cause if they stay like that they'll be extremely underpowered. Also for elves, sentry towers need to cost less, probably 500. Because the reason FoLs' towers cost 800 is because they have a wall and a gate. If you're going to make the elves' base like FoD, then the towers should cost relatively the same. Also, what's with Thranduil's shield? Is that what it looked like in the movies or the books because I found it really odd. Last thing, having 3 hobbits for Gondor is way too OP. I wouldn't know how to make them balanced though. I like the idea, but in a match, Gondor would win probably every time. :p Sorry to be kinda critical but maybe this can all be changed?

#27 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:54 PM

Hell no.

Then when will the Elves get their balance work? Cause if they stay like that they'll be extremely underpowered. Also for elves, sentry towers need to cost less, probably 500. Because the reason FoLs' towers cost 800 is because they have a wall and a gate. If you're going to make the elves' base like FoD, then the towers should cost relatively the same. Also, what's with Thranduil's shield? Is that what it looked like in the movies or the books because I found it really odd. Last thing, having 3 hobbits for Gondor is way too OP. I wouldn't know how to make them balanced though. I like the idea, but in a match, Gondor would win probably every time. :p Sorry to be kinda critical but maybe this can all be changed?

:p
What are you talking about !!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

Hell no.

:p
What are you talking about !!!

Oh just never mind. I'll wait until the next version to see what happens. ;)

#29 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

okay, to the point.....

1. Dear Guest..... I'll bet a penny you've never won a match while playing the elves..
2. Yeah, sure.... two more hobbits for Gondor is ALOT.. Man, I can feel the power kill me already. Also, Ugluk for Isen, and the two replacable for Legolas on Rohan... and Gothmog for Mordor... I'll bet their all better than two smal hobbits... why don't you try all factions next time?

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#30 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

Then when will the Elves get their balance work? Cause if they stay like that they'll be extremely underpowered.

If you're talking about siege, then you're nuts. The Elves aren't underpowered at siege, they're just slow to start. You can completely demolish ANY enemy base with just Elrond and some heavy armoured/fire arrow Galadhrim. Elrond will open up the gates in one swoop, and then the fire arrows will do the rest for you. It's just a matter of changing your play style: the Elves are unique.

Also for elves, sentry towers need to cost less, probably 500. Because the reason FoLs' towers cost 800 is because they have a wall and a gate.

Umm... They do cost 500 when you build them on their own defensive plots. It's only when you try to build them on normal plots that they cost 800 (EXACTLY like the Gondor towers).

Also, what's with Thranduil's shield? Is that what it looked like in the movies or the books because I found it really odd.

A) Thranduil wasn't in the movies.
B) I like the shield. I can't please everyone, and I won't try to.

Last thing, having 3 hobbits for Gondor is way too OP. I wouldn't know how to make them balanced though. I like the idea, but in a match, Gondor would win probably every time.

Lauri's post for the win. Honestly... Frodo and Sam = overpowered when Rohan gets Hama and Gamling, Isengard gets Ugluk, and Mordor gets Gothmog? Sure, it helps Gondor in the early game, but in the long run three hobbits die just as fast as one.

:p Sorry to be kinda critical but maybe this can all be changed?

Sorry to be kinda critical, but heck no it will not be changed.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:49 PM

You talk about 3 hobbits being overpowered, when you yourself made a request for an uber-strong giant tree to be buildable from the citadel?

Thranduil's shield is certainly unique in it's design, but I for one love it. Thranduil has pretty much become my favourite hero (after Galadriel of course), due almost entirely to that shield.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#32 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:02 AM

while on the topic of the hobbits, can frodo cost a little bit less. 350 is alot compared to 100 and 150 in the early game. and he is not 3 and half times better than pippin (pippin is the best hobbit of all :p )

Edited by adummy, 02 December 2006 - 12:04 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:25 AM

while on the topic of the hobbits, can frodo cost a little bit less. 350 is alot compared to 100 and 150 in the early game. and he is not 3 and half times better than pippin (pippin is the best hobbit of all :p )

Frodo has higher health than the other hobbits. He also has many special abilities. Furthermore, I kept his price up so having all three hobbits right at the very beginning wouldn't be a smart thing to do, economy wise.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:31 PM

That makes sense.
3 hobbits and the startin troops would be :thumbsupsmiley:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#35 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:13 AM

Would it be possible to slightly cheapen the Elven Flets by say 50 or 100? It's a bit too hard in the early game with a price of 500. I know that the decreased price doesn't seem to make a difference, but in the long run it does. Say you buy 6 Flets in the early game at a price of 450 (two to each vulnerable choke point), then with the extra 300 you saved you would be able to buy another battalion of Mirkwood Scouts. Then again it's your mod.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#36 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:58 PM

I'll lower the cost by 50. It isn't such a big change, but there's always the psychological difference of seeing that "4" at the beginning of the number, instead of a "5".

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:13 PM

correct. As the prices always are 599 Nkr instead of 600 NKr ;) (600 NKr, is about 100$)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#38 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:28 AM

Great, thanks.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#39 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:55 PM

That's great Flets are going to be cheaper, even a bit.

Maybe add another building for Elves, something like Lumber Mill, which would reduce the cost of other buildnigs? Let's name it Plantation or Forester's Cottage. It should have two growers on first level, three on second and four on third level. Uncickable (like Cirdan) Growers or foresters would plant trees around the Plantation. They sould gain 15 resources per one planted tree. Palntation should reduce the cost of buildings and cost 300 resources. What do you think about this idea?

And I like Thranduil's shield, too :blush:

#40 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:04 PM

It would be difficult to code (though I don't think it's impossible, but close to it) and it really goes against one of the Elves' weaknesses in that everything is so expensive. I think having the option to lower building costs would be just too much.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users