Questions about Reloaded map making

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dr. Leo_*

Guest_Dr. Leo_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:28 AM

I've been making some maps for Reloaded and had a few questions about using Final Alert with Reloaded. The map I want to make is a mutated land in which you play as GDI in skirmish versus a Nod AI who diabolically sends lifeforms and Banshee airstrikes at you by way of triggers, in addition to using regular attacks. I've accomplished this, but now I want to make Cabal laugh (Cuba's sixth taunt) every few minutes using triggers, but is it possible to play taunts using triggers? If not, does the same sound exist in the soundmd, or am I out of luck? I'd like to stick to map editing only without modifying the soundmd or other files.

Also, is there any way I can see the mutated fona or TS units when I use Final Alert? I know they will appear in the game, but I would like to see them as I place them in the map.

Thanks anyone for your help. :huh:

#2 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:29 PM

You should check the final TS:Firestorm mission of GDI & Nod campaigns when Cabal voice was sued but exactly I don't know how works & if the sound file is required to be placed inside audio.bag of if can be used multiplayer taunts...

About C&C:R maps in FA, FA executables should to be hacked (Like RockPatch project) to support new features...

Now that you talked about that :-/ , I should check it tomorrow or ask SpeederYR about map editing with mods using a new 4º side of RP (if 4º side units/buildings can be showed in FA etc,,,)

Edited by FS-21, 01 December 2006 - 03:31 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for your fast reply, FS-21. It looks like taunts are unusual things that can only be used when the player hits the F keys. They aren't even referenced in any ini files which probably means that they can't be controlled at all by the game, let alone played using triggers. Since I don't like to mod other people's mods and I'm only editing maps anyway, I guess I won't be able to use Cabal's voice with triggers unless they get added in a future mod version.

Thanks for the help again, and the map will still be fun anyway. It's amazing what kind of damage 5 elite floaters can do to your base :p

#4 XD003

XD003
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:38 PM

Is there any way to make maps for the mod.

#5 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:30 PM

ATM new maps without mutated terrain from Firestorm expansion yes

The most easy method is doing the terrain in the TS map editor & finally include other stuff inside the RA2 map editor and/or editing the map with a text editor (but this can to be more complex).

When I release the new website I'll update & include new different tutorials about C&C:R map editing. :p

Edited by FS-21, 24 January 2007 - 01:30 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users