#22 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

I however think this guy makes a fair point, howvever(from what i can gather) for the wrong reasons. Paradox seems to hate the idea of people sharing "If they don't want to share them, why the hell SHOULD they?" i think the obvious answer to that is to help other people in their projects. However, i do agree with paradox that people need to learn how to do stuff.

You completely missed my point. I mean, you couldn't have been more off-target if you'd fired with your off-hand, blindfolded, pointing away from the target, with a wonky barrel.

If people want to share their assets, that is their prerogative, and they'll always be applauded by me for doing so. If, however, they choose not to share their assets, that is also their prerogative, and I would never think badly of them. What I do think badly of is when people dog, pester and generally post threads like this one trying to guilt-trip those who choose to reserve their assets for their own use or for the use of a single specific individual, just because they themselves are incapable, inept, unwilling, lazy or just generally assholes.

A general tip to getting people to help make specific assets for your mod that aren't available on yrarg, modden or pixelops (or any of the other usual places that I've neglected to mention) is to learn to make an asset the other person can't make and to help them out with their project. Mutual benefit elicits a greater cooperation from others than a situation where the worker gets no reward. This is basic social psychological fact. Similarly, it is also generally accepted that guilt-tripping tends not to endear people towards your desires and wishes. It generally marks you out as a cockbite.

#23 Pastinator

Pastinator

Wild(With An M)

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Projects:Apocalypse-Zombie RP in the RPG Guild

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

Ok, no need to murderize me for it, i was just trying to explain the other guy's POV
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Join the Campaign for Insanity! Don't Put This in Your Sig to Show your Support!

#24 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:10 AM

I wasn't murderising you...I was just clarifying myself. You misinterpreted, and you're not a daft guy - there could've been every chance that others misinterpreted likewise. :p

#25 Pastinator

Pastinator

Wild(With An M)

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Projects:Apocalypse-Zombie RP in the RPG Guild

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:43 AM

Ok, sorry, i understand now.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Join the Campaign for Insanity! Don't Put This in Your Sig to Show your Support!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users