News 12/12/06

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#21 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:40 PM

Na I didn't change any files. I'll try it again on a different map and see if it still happens.

EDIT. Well I tried it on a few different maps and it only seems to be The Black Gate map that has the problem :p

Edited by zimoo, 14 December 2006 - 02:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#22 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts
  • Projects:'The 4th Age' and 'Shadow and Flame'
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

well then, don't do Black Gate :p
anyways, some of my Eorlingas are old.... like, they suck EA time ^_^ and their gold with heavy armor! :p anyone else have this problem, or is it just me who has old skins in my BFME folder :p

I've only played with Rohan, once now... damn Hama, died from a single cave troll blow... can't you make him stronger and make him atleast kill a cave troll?
*Gimlic voice* oh wait, he died by a warg, a warg!

Shadow and Flame BETA 0.6 RELEASED - Link

#23 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

But Black Gate is my favourite multiplayer map :(

I don't think Hama should be able to kill a troll. Wargs yes, trolls no. Reason is you wouldn't exactly come across many trolls when you are guarding the gates of Meduseld, so he wouldn't know how to deal with them.

BTW, I forgot to mention great job on the new Rohan stuff Celeglin ^_^. I started massing Eorlingas, then remembered I was facing Mordor/Isen so built a few royal guards instead. They were good, but not so good that one group could hold off an entire army. Your skins look beautiful ingame though :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#24 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:41 PM

I battalion of RG is better than Hama. But all Rohan heroes (apart from Aragorn and Gimli) are not too strong, which is right IMO. They have to fight together with Rohirrim to level up fast, unfortunately they need a lot of babysitting :p
Don't you think that Eowyn needs a mount at level 1? She's rather weak and it's impossible to level her up with peasants.

It would be good to see a Gondor spearman somewhere

I'd like to see Gondor Spearmen - after adding such unit it will be possible to make Tower Guards very tought, flexible unit, not just basic pikes.

I found a bug. When playing as Rohan, I need to purchase a hero before I can purchase Merry, which pretty much makes Merry useless

My Merry works properly ^_^

#25 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:05 PM

zimoo, your forgetting the point... in the movie, he died from a warg :p I was beeing sarcastic :p

anyways, Merry is a dork on Black Gate, we said that swan ^_^

#26 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,829 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:19 PM

besides, merry never went to the black gate ^_^
in the books :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#27 eduardo

eduardo
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

hi, I am from spain and have the spanish version of the game, is it impossible that it could play to the elven alliance?.
Since i can to do it?.
Congratulations for the mod, a greeting from spain.

#28 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:35 PM

You'd better install the English version - there are some problems with other versions, like Polish or German. I don't know how's with Spanish, though.

anyways, Merry is a dork on Black Gate, we said that swan

Ups, I had to miss something :p

Unfortunately, more bugs: :(

1. Stables still doesn't work - gates doesn't open, and cavalry runs through the wall next to the them.
2. Cirdan damage decreases ;) after leveling up. First-level Cirdan kills an orc in two hits, second level Cirdan - in 3 hits! Maybe it's something wrong with orcs, I don't know. I'm playing at the moment so I'm checking it.
3. Some problems with darkness - sometimes it doesn't work.

And, to say something nice, Spearman of the Heaven, new Rohan's Forged Blades buttom and new heroes skins are great just great, amazing, and wounderful :p ^_^ :p

Edited by swan, 14 December 2006 - 06:35 PM.

#29 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:30 PM

Na I didn't change any files. I'll try it again on a different map and see if it still happens.

EDIT. Well I tried it on a few different maps and it only seems to be The Black Gate map that has the problem huh.gif

ugg. now i remember another problem that i forgot about. you have to buy another hero at a camp before you can buy merry. it is at camps and not at castles

2. Cirdan damage decreases blink.gif after leveling up. First-level Cirdan kills an orc in two hits, second level Cirdan - in 3 hits! Maybe it's something wrong with orcs, I don't know. I'm playing at the moment so I'm checking it.

2. my guess is that the orcs had some leadership on them or they were level 2
3. no it works. you just dont see the shiny glow on people all the time

Edited by adummy, 14 December 2006 - 11:31 PM.

#30 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:04 AM

well then, don't do Black Gate ^_^
anyways, some of my Eorlingas are old.... like, they suck EA time :p and their gold with heavy armor! :p anyone else have this problem, or is it just me who has old skins in my BFME folder ;)

I blame you :p .

I've only played with Rohan, once now... damn Hama, died from a single cave troll blow... can't you make him stronger and make him atleast kill a cave troll?
*Gimlic voice* oh wait, he died by a warg, a warg!

Hama gets a good buff when near Theoden.

Don't you think that Eowyn needs a mount at level 1? She's rather weak and it's impossible to level her up with peasants.

Remember that problem I have with Glorfindel and Arwen and their heavy armor mounted states? That is the only reason why Eowyn can't mount until she gets her armor upgrade.

1. Stables still doesn't work - gates doesn't open, and cavalry runs through the wall next to the them.

I could swear I put that in the readme.

2. Cirdan damage decreases :p after leveling up. First-level Cirdan kills an orc in two hits, second level Cirdan - in 3 hits! Maybe it's something wrong with orcs, I don't know. I'm playing at the moment so I'm checking it.

As adummy said, they must have had leadership of upgrades.

Some things to know about Darkness:
- While units get leadership from it, they don't show the FX (EA did this in patch 1.03)
- I've changed the Darkness FX so all it does now is get darker. No rolling brown clouds.

ugg. now i remember another problem that i forgot about. you have to buy another hero at a camp before you can buy merry. it is at camps and not at castles

****!!

Thanks for all the compliments, guys.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Guest_HAleiwa_*

Guest_HAleiwa_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:18 AM

I found a bug. When playing as Rohan, I need to purchase a hero before I can purchase Merry, which pretty much makes Merry useless :(

Uhh... No you don't... Did you go messing with the files? Trust me, we've tested that.

I had the very same problem. :p

I just have to say that the new skins are just UNBELEIVABLE on ultra-high spec. It's so awesome Celeglin! :p

I have one question: will Isen and Mordor be getting some real changes (not just a few reskins) too? I know Gothmog and Ugluk were added but just wondering. :p

Is anyone here by chance "ryn<bunch of numbers>" online because we were about to have a TEA match but he had a bunch of FW problems. ^_^

#32 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:31 AM

[quote name='HAleiwa' date='Dec 14 2006, 07:18 PM' post='394246']
[quote name='zimoo' post='394005' date='Dec 14 2006, 08:15 AM']
I found a bug. When playing as Rohan, I need to purchase a hero before I can purchase Merry, which pretty much makes Merry useless :(
I had the very same problem. :ninja:

I have one question: will Isen and Mordor be getting some real changes (not just a few reskins) too? I know Gothmog and Ugluk were added but just wondering. :wub:

Is anyone here by chance "ryn<bunch of numbers>" online because we were about to have a TEA match but he had a bunch of FW problems. :mellow: [/quote]

the merry problem has been addressed.
dont get your hopes up on mordor and isengard
for your online: make sure your firewalls are off and before you start the game make sure everyone went into options and refreshed their NAT's ;)

Edited by adummy, 15 December 2006 - 05:32 AM.

#33 gandalf the unwise

gandalf the unwise
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:01 AM

Uhh... No you don't... Did you go messing with the files? Trust me, we've tested that.

I had the very same problem. :p

I just have to say that the new skins are just UNBELEIVABLE on ultra-high spec. It's so awesome Celeglin! :p

I have one question: will Isen and Mordor be getting some real changes (not just a few reskins) too? I know Gothmog and Ugluk were added but just wondering. ;)

Is anyone here by chance "ryn<bunch of numbers>" online because we were about to have a TEA match but he had a bunch of FW problems. :p

yo thats me dude im ryn6664 im gandalf the unwise here whats up dude what do you want ^_^

#34 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:50 AM

hmmm.......Is it me, or are the uruks no longer anti-pike ;)

Edited by HunterGXO, 15 December 2006 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

hmmm.......Is it me, or are the uruks no longer anti-pike ;)

I know they are at least anti-Spearmen of the Havens... Gotta go to class now, can't explain further

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

Sorry ;) , I didn't notice Tainted Land next to them - they just did't shine, and it was near the Outpost, so the land wasn't tainted.

BTW, I really like the way you made Eorlingas - they are one of the most usefull and cost effective Rohan units.

And are you going to make new upgrade buttons for Elves? I like this Forged Blades button - it's a small thing, but makes happy :p

Edited by swan, 16 December 2006 - 06:56 PM.

#37 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:46 PM

And are you going to make new upgrade buttoms for Elves? I like this Forged Blades buttom - it's a small thing, but makes happy :p

I don't wan't to know what you were thinking when you typed that ;)

But anyway, what kind of new upgrade do you think he could add. They've already got the upgrades the other factions recieve. :wub:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Guest_Haleiwa_*

Guest_Haleiwa_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:19 PM

[quote name='adummy' date='Dec 15 2006, 03:31 AM' post='394260']
[quote name='HAleiwa' date='Dec 14 2006, 07:18 PM' post='394246']
[quote name='zimoo' post='394005' date='Dec 14 2006, 08:15 AM']
I had the very same problem. :wub:

I have one question: will Isen and Mordor be getting some real changes (not just a few reskins) too? I know Gothmog and Ugluk were added but just wondering. :)

Is anyone here by chance "ryn<bunch of numbers>" online because we were about to have a TEA match but he had a bunch of FW problems. :p [/quote]

the merry problem has been addressed.
dont get your hopes up on mordor and isengard
for your online: make sure your firewalls are off and before you start the game make sure everyone went into options and refreshed their NAT's :)
[/quote]

Lol. Well gandalf the unwise i hope you can fix your fw so we can finally play! ;)

#39 gandalf the unwise

gandalf the unwise
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

ok this is a big load of suggestions for the next beta. i will put it in faction list so its easyer to read

isangaurd:
new things that should be:
urk scouts
urks with shileds
some reskinging of the urkhi

gondor:
gondor spear men
gondor citidale gaurd

rohan:
the royal gaurd shiled upgraued
or spear upgrade

mordor:
some morugle orcs bulidable
orc pike men
orc scouts
some easterling riders

thank you for taking the time to here what i think you should put in the next beta

cheers ;)

#40 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:27 PM

Just to make it even more easier to read, and I took the line above the ones I really doubt that Cel's going to do :lol:

ok this is a some suggestions for the next beta. I will put it in a faction list so its easier to read:
Isengard:
Uruk Scouts
Uruks with shields

Some re'skinning of the uruk-hai (no, I hope this ones me'self :lol: )

Gondor:
Gondor Spearmen
Gondor Citadell Guard

Rohan:
Royal Gaurds shield upgrade or spear upgrade

Mordor:
Some morgul orcs
orc pikemen
orc scouts
some easterling riders

thank you for taking the time to hear what i think you should put in the next beta, cheers :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users