• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#61 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:08 AM

*applause* Great voice work (although I haven't heard it yet :lol:).

:blink: I did find it quite funny though with Gothmog's "FIRE!" voiceover because the movie music plays with it and so it had to be cut off. :p

#62 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:32 AM

:blink: I did find it quite funny though with Gothmog's "FIRE!" voiceover because the movie music plays with it and so it had to be cut off. :lol:

That happens with a lot of the movie voices... Luckily though, the ingame chatter tends to negate that (Gothmog and Gamling's "Fire" don't work so well :p). Another plus is that characters like Arwen, Elrond, and Galadriel had lots of very quiet scenes without music :huh: .

But it's the voice actors who I've really gotta thank. D.O.P.R. (Amroth's Knights, Cirdan, Banner Carriers), Toshi Nakamura (Elven Narrator), Drewry (Thranduil, Mirkwood Scouts, Spearmen of the Havens), and Soulfather (Riders of Rivendell). This is one case where I really couldn't have done it without them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:29 AM

Congradulations to everyone who contributed with the voices, you guys made the mod even better than what it was going to be. :blink:
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#64 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:51 AM

Yes, voices are just amazing, so Elvish :blink:

Who will make Glorfindel's voice?

#65 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:52 AM

I think the question is: has Glorfindel's voice been made? :blink:
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#66 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:18 PM

No one has done him, though I would if I could :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#67 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

The first person who does Glorfindel's voice work (well) and submits it to me will end up playing Glorfindel :p. *HINT HINT*

Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:09 AM

what do you want us to say? also do you have any orc/evil voices you need to do? as i dont have that elvish voice
Posted Image

#69 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:16 AM

what do you want us to say? also do you have any orc/evil voices you need to do? as i dont have that elvish voice

http://elven.the3rda...ndel_script.txt

As for other voices... If anyone really wants to do some Rohan stuff, I could work out scripts for either the Eorlingas or the Royal Guards... But they're definitely not priority.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 05:37 AM

I would do Glorfindel if I could, but I don't have the equipment (nor the know-how for that matter).
Posted Image

#71 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 05:39 AM

I would do Glorfindel if I could, but I don't have the equipment (nor the know-how for that matter).

I have the Macbook Pro and it's got a mic and everything built in so if I have time and willpower I will give it a go. :p

#72 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 05:40 AM

No, the Glorfindel voice is mine! :p

Edit: 200th post!

Edited by Olorin, 25 December 2006 - 05:41 AM.

Posted Image

#73 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:28 AM

No! mine!
I was going to a long time ago but
I couldn't get a mike :(
But whatever, go ahead, you just owe me :wub:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#74 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:12 AM

Who owes you?
Posted Image

#75 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:52 AM

The person who does the glorfindel voice, because I didn't do it before

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#76 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:03 PM

Could I get phonetics for the elvish sentences?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:48 AM

Could I get phonetics for the elvish sentences?

Psh, like I know them... I just tend to blend everything together as well as I can. You can probably find phonetics on the net somewhere (google it).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 D.O.P.R

D.O.P.R
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:27 AM

Thanks for the compliments guys, I tried to do the best I could on the voices.

I'm going to be redoing the Avari here very soon and I might have a go on Glorfindel. I didn't before becuase I was unsure of some of the pronunciations, but I think I can give it a good try.

D.O.P.R

#79 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:02 PM

hell, even I might try out some :p :p

but, have to wait untill the house is empty for family :p hehe, you know :p I feel stupid enough talking with people through MSN or TeamSpeak :p

*runs of still*

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#80 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:14 PM

I was unsure of some of the pronunciations

I guess there's going to be a lot of Elvish in new voices :p Great :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users