Rangers

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:20 AM

Just throwing this out there for no reason...but can the Rohan Royal Guard have the Heavy Armor Upgrade...i know that they are already strong enough...but...they kind of get pwnd when up against a group of enemies

#102 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

Just throwing this out there for no reason...but can the Rohan Royal Guard have the Heavy Armor Upgrade...i know that they are already strong enough...but...they kind of get pwnd when up against a group of enemies

No. They can toggle between sword and bow and their attack is pretty beastly so there's no need to change them until they need balance work later on. Just use them like the Gondor rangers: neither have armor but you don't spam them for the bulk of your army; use them for their purpose. ;)

#103 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

I found Royal Guards very hard to kill, their armour is really tought. They can take a lot of damage, so I use them as an attack infantry, with Eorlingas they just own. And they can kill all early game heroes (with swords out).

they kind of get pwnd when up against a group of enemies

Show me a unit witch doesn't get pwnd by huge group of enemies (apart from 10 level Ghaladrim with Heavy Armour). And Royal Guards will need new skins if they get HA.

suck up

I can't find it in my dictionary.... :thumbsdownsmiley: what does it mean Elvenlord?

#104 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

Hmm... It is kinda hard to explain, but.....
It means that you are trying to get on Cel good side by telling him how good his stuff is :thumbsdownsmiley:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#105 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:52 AM

Royal Guard armour is about the equivalent (with some different strengths/weaknesses) the Galadhrim heavy armour. I'd say that's enough :thumbsdownsmiley: .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:59 PM

It means that you are trying to get on Cel good side by telling him how good his stuff is

Elvenlord when I like something I just show it. There's no "sucking-up", I honestly think that Celeglin's skins are great.

#107 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:57 PM

I was joking....... :grin:

What are the differances?

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#108 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

Probably in damage taken, but those units are so tough, that I can't see differences... apart from that Galadhrim Worriors look better.

Edited by swan, 04 January 2007 - 05:31 PM.

#109 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, I know that, but which kind of damage is each one better against then the other?

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#110 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

Galadhrim take less damage from default and hero attacks, while Royal Guards take less damage from trampling and siege.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#111 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

Makes sense. But have you made it so that Galadhrim are able to be trampled now (and just for the record, Royal Guards as well)?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#112 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

Now, with swords out they still act like pikes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users