Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:56 PM

it's great! :D

also, the Helm's deep is awesome as-is, I see no need to change it... well, maybe make less ladders :blink: like, I couldn't cover the whole wall, so that was my weakness, but I always pwned the rams :spam: they breached the gate when I had reatreated all my units to the hornbourg, or the last line of defence simply :unsure: then the rohirrim came, and boom, I made my way out of there, and all my units met at the camp at the right... but then I had to go up to the wall and take down the remaining ladders :umad:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#102 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

Helm's deep isnt very hard if you retreat to the Hornburn at the time when Elves arrives. Before the first wave of uruks you have to build enough troops and get as much upgrades as possible. then your archers just shoot all the uruks, if some of the gets to the hornburn you have all heroes in small place to take care about those. inside the last wall you are have piece, no ladders, no balistas...but it isnt fun to play that way through. there is almost no action, but if you dont want to loose your troops it is good way :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:40 AM

When the Elves come? They come before anything, don't they?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#104 Ecthelion

Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:43 PM

Yep, which is what I think Cahik meant :huh: Will try that now - seems reasonable, as having thought about it - there is no point to defend the wall in the game - its simply a death trap!

#105 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

But behind the wall is what you're defending. Without those buildings you'll find it very hard to survive.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#106 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:35 AM

The point is, holding the wall is a much more entertaining experience (as cahik said). We play this game to recreate these Tolkien moments with our own hands.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#107 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:37 AM

Well said.
Posted Image

#108 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:43 PM

well the only real problem i had that the game was laggy when there were some (...) lot of uruks running towards the wall. and Echtelion, when you defend the wall those uruks will charge at your buildings behind the wall. so there goes your greatest part of all buildings you can have at helms deep right??

now playing evil campaign with 250 uruks with saruman in one army marching towards minas tirith. i love it.
accidentaly overwrite my good campaign file :p

edit: hey i was just thinking out loud. what about placing minas tirith as a skirmish map?? i'd sure love that!!

Edited by Taralom, 25 January 2007 - 06:50 PM.

If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#109 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:47 AM

Adummy were you playing HD on easy also? That's odd because I had little trouble on hard mode, sure I lost a few heroes and some battalions but that is the way it was in the movie.

#110 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:47 AM

yes i was, but i also found a little glitch with helm's deep. i built a postern gate at the gate and had gimli defend it. for some reason, all the troops minus ladders and mines came and attacked gimli. and he made work of the uruks and my royal guard up above took out the crossbowmen
Posted Image

#111 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

edit: hey i was just thinking out loud. what about placing minas tirith as a skirmish map?? i'd sure love that!!

There is a slight (the slightest) chance we might be seeing something of the sort. That being said, will you be recruiting a certain someone to have some maps done for you Celeglin? Or just borrow the work from RA?
Posted Image

#112 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

my guess is just taking it from mh_gollum because he did say cel could use them in TEA
Posted Image

#113 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:42 AM

That's what I heard too.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users