#1 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

This past week I've been having terrible problems accessing anything on the Revora network. This means that I haven't been able to get to the forums, check the site, upload anything, or update the site. It appears to be an isolated problem in that some computer between mine and Icetex (Revora's host) isn't recognizing the network. Luckily, I'll be heading home tommorrow, so I might be able to access the network from there (though with the slowest dialup known to man-kind).

Sorry!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Guest_adummy_*_*

Guest_Guest_adummy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

dont worry about it celeglin ;) i too am not having problems. well computer ones. i my computer crashed after last night and now it wont restart :( . i am typing this from school and would prefer not to log in. so all i can hope for is to get a new computer for christmas <^_^ so you may not see me until the 30th see you guys later

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:29 PM

It would be alot cheaper to just get your PC fixed you know.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:38 PM

i am aware it would be cheaper but i need a new computer anyway. I MUST play on very low when online or the game will lag like no other
Posted Image

#5 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

Yay! no more lag! <^_^
No worries Cel, nothing really has been going on

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#6 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:13 AM

Just more idle chatter, nothing big. Though (contradictory to my first statement) I do have a couple of questions. A while ago (meaning 8 or so months) I asked you whether you were going to make hobbits able to mount another hero's horse, and you said you would include it. I'm just checking up on whether you've done it or not, or if it still will be included. And secondly, what's for the next update?

P.S. Also, we've been discussing a new uprade for the Rhovanion Elves called Mallorn Bows (gives a range and an attack bonus).

Edited by Olorin, 07 January 2007 - 07:20 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#7 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:25 PM

As you can probably tell by my recent spike in posts, I'm back(ish). The internet is just as slow as ever here, so no online games for me and probably no big uploads.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:28 PM

Ahhhhh.........
No online games :(
Backish

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#9 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

P.S. Also, we've been discussing a new uprade for the Rhovanion Elves called Mallorn Bows (gives a range and an attack bonus).

I think giving the Rhovianon Elves that upgrade instead of fire arrows would be great. Mallorn Bows would have the same concept as fire arrows but attack is slightly less since they could get longer range. :p

#10 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:42 PM

I think giving the Rhovianon Elves that upgrade instead of fire arrows would be great. Mallorn Bows would have the same concept as fire arrows but attack is slightly less since they could get longer range.

When I was thinking up this idea I meant it as an additional upgrade, because Rhovanion Elves are going to be very stealth faction. Replacing fire arrows with this upgrade isn't necessary, it's not good idea at all. I'd like all factions to have unique upgrades, because now they are quite similar.

Nice you're back, Celeglin :p :p

And sorry of this off-topic post.

#11 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:50 PM

I think giving the Rhovianon Elves that upgrade instead of fire arrows would be great. Mallorn Bows would have the same concept as fire arrows but attack is slightly less since they could get longer range.

When I was thinking up this idea I meant it as an additional upgrade, because Rhovanion Elves are going to be very stealth faction. Replacing fire arrows with this upgrade isn't necessary, it's not good idea at all. I'd like all factions to have unique upgrades, because now they are quite similar.

Mallorn Bows + Fire Arrows would be pretty overpowered unless some magical change was made. Can you imagine Rhovianon archers fully upgrade against crossbowmen? The crossbowmen would be half-dead before they even got in range to retaliate. :blink:

#12 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:12 PM

No isen player makes only crossbowmen, they will most likely have combos when you have FU units

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#13 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:14 PM

No isen player makes only crossbowmen, they will most likely have combos when you have FU units

That's not what I meant but since I'm not an internal tester and have no knowledge of Rhovianon yet I'll wait til then. :blink: :lol:

#14 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:19 PM

:blink:
I'm confused now :lol:
What did you mean then? Don't compare units that will never meet, it only confuses me :p
Unless you are playing the ai, they will send everything one at a time :huh:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#15 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

:blink:
I'm confused now :lol:
What did you mean then? Don't compare units that will never meet, it only confuses me :p
Unless you are playing the ai, they will send everything one at a time :huh:

Say that two upgraded xbow hordes are creeping a troll lair. A Rhovianon archer comes out of the trees and starts attacking one of the xbows w/ Mallorn Bows and fire arrows upgraded. Isen sends both xbows to kill the single battalion, but one horde is wtfpwned and the other only manages to damage the archers before dying.

I'm saying that Mallorn Bows would be awesome for Rhovianon but if fire arrows can also be upgradable then the combination would be overpowered against the majority of other units.

Fire arrows give +60 damage to archers, so Mallorn Bows would be cool if it gave +30 damage and greater range. :)

#16 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:33 PM

There probably won't be any lairs left, and I doubt 1 fire arrow+mallorn>2 FU crossbows, which they shoud be FU, isen has a far faster economy, and cheaper upgrades with lots of forges

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#17 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

I agree with Mallorn Bows to be on its own. But 30 damage compared to 60...maybe make it slightly greater, say 35-40. Anyway, glad to hear that you're back Celeglin.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#18 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:52 PM

But without the fire arrows what the hell would they use agaisnt ents?
Gotcha :blink:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#19 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:04 AM

That's a...good point. Although it takes longer you can still bring down an ent with a normal bow attack (especially an upgraded one).
Posted Image

#20 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:08 AM

But in that while how much would they destroy? :blink:
:lol:

esp. the summon

Edited by Elvenlord, 24 December 2006 - 12:09 AM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users