Help!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:14 PM

If I ever get that error I normally just clean the disc, restart the computer and it works.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#22 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:01 PM

Maybe you should reinstall your Windows, Olorin?

#23 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

Maybe you should reinstall your Windows, Olorin?

thats too far and not necessary. unless he is having problems with everything, i would just clean the disc
Posted Image

#24 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

This happened to me once.
I took the disc out and put back in again :wub:
It worked
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:23 AM

Hunter, if I had a dollar for every time I tried that up until now, I would have bought myself another copy of B4ME I, II, and ROTWK. :wub: But I will try cleaning the disk, though at the moment quite a few things are stuffing up with Windows so I'm getting it repaired. ;)
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#26 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:27 AM

Speaking of which, how do I clean up the disk? :p
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#27 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:45 AM

You can probably get a disk cleaning kit from your local computers/electronics store. They're pretty cheap and work reasonably well. Worst comes to worst, a soft cloth and vinegar (don't dunk it in the vinegar!) will do the trick.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:50 AM

Oh, you mean physically, I thought you meant as in a way of doing it on the computer. :p My bad. I'll be playing TEA in no time. :p
Posted Image

#29 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:05 AM

It's not working. It still keeps coming up with that same message :p. Any tips guys?
Posted Image

#30 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:20 AM

If you have Windows XP, try installing on a different account and playing from there. I know that some games (Fable, for example) hate my XP settings and won't run on my modding account.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:24 AM

I'll try what you said, but I know for a fact that it's not the disks. I (literally) just installed ROTWK (which is brand new; got it for Christmas) and the same thing came up. I might be missing a component from my computer. Might not having a DVD player program installed be the problem?

Edited by Olorin, 27 December 2006 - 04:24 AM.

Posted Image

#32 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:28 AM

If it's for a dvd drive and you don't have it..............

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#33 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:30 AM

I'll try what you said, but I know for a fact that it's not the disks. I (literally) just installed ROTWK (which is brand new; got it for Christmas) and the same thing came up. I might be missing a component from my computer. Might not having a DVD player program installed be the problem?

do you have a DVD drive? if you dont you cant play it unless you get the CD version

Edited by adummy, 27 December 2006 - 04:30 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:33 AM

I just tried what Celeglin suggested, no luck. I'm pretty sure it's because of the DVD program...

do you have a DVD drive? if you dont you cant play it unless you get the CD version

What do you mean?

Edited by Olorin, 27 December 2006 - 04:34 AM.

Posted Image

#35 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:43 AM

Obviously, if he has the DVD version of the game, he has a DVD drive (I'm sure you've been able to play BfME before, right?). Something must have happened in the interem that's messed up your computer's ability to recognize certain DVDs/CDs. I doubt it's the DVD player thing (you don't need a DVD player program to read DVDs, just to watch DVD movies). I suggest you just go in somewhere to get it checked.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:46 AM

I see, and yes I've been able to play them in the past, until about a month ago. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks for all your help guys :p.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users