EDIT:
Changed topic from:
"Finished hero and/or unit ini's...?"
and desciption from:
"Are there any ready to use new units out there?"
---------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is ok as a topic? If posted in wrong forum, plz move :p

I had a though the other day...
Since there's SO many good coders/modders out there, isn't there a chance that someone has made a compilation of heroes, ready for download? I mean, ONLY heroes - either modified or new, but sort of "ready to install" or edit into your mod? I'm just curious since there seem to be quite a bunch that use Gothmog for example in their mod. Or have they all "created" him completely by own hand (from the hidden code in EAs code)? This goes for units too... Finished and ready to use new units would be just great.

Or are all heroes and units strictly bound to a certain mod, always? A website with free (or why not for a small fee) downloadable hero and unit ini's for modders would be awesome ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 January 2007 - 03:42 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:17 PM

Most people keep their work to themselves, until the mod they are working on is released. I have a few packages of ready to use units, but I don't readily give them out for free :p I have one handy that I am willing to pass out though; it only took me 10 minutes to make.

Behold, BFME I Haradrim! All you have to do is follow some basic instructions, and you have some Haradrim ready to build (you just have to make a commandbutton to build them).
Attached File  Haradrim_Lancers.ini   34.28KB   95 downloads

Edited by Fingulfin, 28 December 2006 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:35 PM

Coool, thanks man! I might I ad, I would gladly pay for finished units though :)

PS, checked your PMs? (answer there if U got any) :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#4 Hard_Sander

Hard_Sander
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:09 PM

You could check out Vapulas Hero Mod. It adds a bunch of herous, but I don't think it's updated.

You could also use one, that EA didn't use, like gamling, he's already ingame, just unfinished.

Edited by Hard_Sander, 28 December 2006 - 09:17 PM.

#5 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

So..... You want fully coded units with models/textures/binded and ready for game?

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:12 AM

Coool, thanks man! I might I ad...

Huh? Sometimes my keyboard doesn't type what I want it to... or maybe my fingers have a life of their own *lol* AND might I ad... was my intention :sleep:

Flame: Wanting is a word I'm careful with... Wishing is better. I don't think that anyone would gladely give away their work, but in a way many do anyways since mods are moddable :) But I would never STEAL anything, cause I get that alot myself in my work.

But yes, I would wish to find nice looking useable heroes to ad to my mod if possible... and I just wanted to check if someone maybe had a compilation of such (with approval of creators). But totally understandable if there's no such thing :p

Personal wishes are anyways:
- Gothmog (yes the third age orc leutenant, not the first age Balrog)
- Celeborn (like he looks in the campaign)
- Galadriel without ring (again, like in the campaign)
and last but not least:
- Fellbeasts WITHOUT Nazguls on back - only fellbeasts.

But, there's a lot one could wish for. That doesn't mean that one always finds it :p

Now I'm gonna serach the forum for a tutorial on re-skinning.. after all, I've been an artist for 20 years or so, so why not use that here as well... hehe. Any tips on the obove (especially Fellbeast without Nazgul)... or tip about good tutorials on finding the textures and redoing them, would be great :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Hard_Sander

Hard_Sander
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:11 AM

I guess you don't have the RotWK expansion? Gothmog's in there. Galadriel shouldn't be hard too, search the forum for what makes an hero a ringhero, then you could change that. Celeborn is just an elrond with different skin. But because he's already ingame, it shouldn't be to hard to take him out? I believe the fellbeast without nazgul can only be done by creating a new model by cutting him out of the complete model.

#8 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:00 PM

I would have thought that the rider was a seperate mesh to the fellbeast, so it should be do-able only by coding.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:35 PM

I would have thought that the rider was a seperate mesh to the fellbeast, so it should be do-able only by coding.

That would be awesome... I want a couple of them for Isengard you see... :)
I anyone knows where to begin, plz let me know :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:39 PM

That would be awesome... I want a couple of them for Isengard you see... :)
I anyone knows where to begin, plz let me know :huh:

begin? heh, more than that ;)

Hope you know about scripts ;) at the bottom I added what's going into two different scripts thingies, and if you don't know about scripts, then here we go.

They are in Data.big, so you might wanna extract that ;) and if you still don't use the -mod command, silly you :p but still, the scripts goes into data\scripts. in the -mod way, you only need scriptevents.xml and scripts.lua, but if you still use the old way, and silly you for that, you have to have all the files, and move the data.big another place. ;)
note also, that in scriptevents.xml you must have it before the </SageLuaScriptSection> wich is the very end. so you make sure to add it a line or two above ;) on the scripts.lua, you can add the code wherever you want ;)

of course, I didn't throw this all to you, you still have to do the most important thing.... the playertemplate :huh:

EDIT: :p of course, BFME2! well, it's updated now, should work now ;) *yes, I did think it was BFME, but Nazgûl only mods BFME2 :p *

Edited by Lauri, 29 December 2006 - 04:48 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

Lauri - THANKS man!!! :huh:

I'll get right on it! Saruman will be so happy *lol* :p
Yeah, my mod is based on a mod that uses the "remove ini.big and replace with the map ini under the map data" type of mod! It works for me... but I'm thinking that I wanna alter it to a -mod when it's finished if possible :p

It's easy for me to find all the files quickly now though (i'm not so experienced yet) :huh:
And yeah, I only work with BFME2... the other one just collects dust nowadays

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:11 PM

Lauri, you know that you don't have to use scripts for that, right? It would have been miles easier with a subobjectupgrade where you just hide the mesh through a granted upgrade :huh:

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#13 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:15 PM

yeah, but I didn't know that code in my head, and I didn't find it :huh: But yeah, now that you say it, I could use the Upgrade_IsengardFaction :huh:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:13 AM

Hey, don't confuse things! :huh: *lol* (but I'm sure you're right) hehe

Lauri - it worked like a charm, and you know what... I just edited right inside FinalBIG (it's own edit function) and resaved the whole .big file. I tried them out and they worked and looked perfect - how did you get that cool saddle on his back? :p

Next wish: darker dirtier rusty looking Uruks! (like in the movie)
I think the Uruks in BFME2 looks like "knights in shining armor"... I found the texture for one of them (I think the regular warrior) in one of the Textures files. Would it be possible to extract it, edit in Photoshop and reinsert into the big file? :huh:

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 December 2006 - 12:19 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#15 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:33 AM

The saddle is on the beast :p you can also make it more skeleton'ish by removing the WINGS instead of NAZGUL_SKIN (or whatever it was :huh: or by adding that too :p so, if your up for experimenting... :huh:)

To get a better uruk skin... yes, it's possible, but, you should have Photoshop skills for that :) of course, here there are some good tutorials by our god himself ;) and, to make it rusty, you might wanna try the scalemail ;) just go down until you see the brown stuff on the mail, and do as it says ;) well, you might find it hard if your not familiar with Photoshop, but heck, good luck anyways :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:20 PM

MOHAHA.... :p If there SOMETHING I am - it is familiar with Photoshop (I've been working as a graphical designer for 10-15 years off and on) :huh:

The question was more like: is it possible to do it it that simple :p
The problem now is more that:
1) I can't seem to find more than one uruk skin? I need them all (fighter, crossbow and pikes). If I find them I will make them look more like this:
Nice dark movie look (link)
2) They DO look MUCH better with only the skins/texture in this file? They look darker and less shiny, but in the game they are brighter and shiny-er? Is it due to some lighting effect maybe? Hm.. :huh:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#17 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

well, EA's very nice, and they made us one Uruk skin :p :huh: of course, they all wore the same armor :huh:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#18 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

They do? Ehm *embarrased* but I thought that the crossbowmen looked a bit different? Hm, better check that again then... *lol*
Practical if I only need to edit one skin though... :huh:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#19 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:48 PM

well, EA made an crossbow skin, but they don't use it :huh:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#20 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:17 PM

They may have just uvw mapped it slightly differently to give the impression of a different skin.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users