43 replies to this topic

#21 Moon Pine

Moon Pine

title available

• Project Team
  • 351 posts
  •  Zombie Summoner

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:03 AM

;) I think the poor dogs in Ra1 and ICFRA are too useless - not have much better speed and sight, too vulnerable and in fact, dogs can`t deal with spies efficiently even in original YR.

:p Artillery`s range is too short - it`s even shorter than Tesla Coil`s or Turret`s.

:dry: AI`s spy still infiltrate War Factory and Barracks (Maybe it`s hard to fix this :grin: ).

:sleep: Soviet Heavy Tank is overpowered......Because in RA2 tanks can fire while running.

:lol: Little Shock Trooper is much weaker than Tesla trooper in RA2 as it can be crushed but costs......$900

:( Tanya won`t shoot at enemy infantry automaticly but only manually or retaliatively.

;) Units come out from wrong place of a War Factory.

^_^ Maybe you should introduce the Rock Patch in ICFRA as you need to set"NewPlayableCountries=-5" to prevent the inexistent countries was choosed by random.

^_^ Good Luck and Climb On , Daz

Isn't Mammoth's AA the same as Apocalypse's? Or maybe it's got to do with it being able to shoot infantry with its missiles? Can't it just use IFV missiles then if it's not already?

Why? In fact, Mammoth is mainly used as Flak and Anti-inf tankin RA1 :p
And ICFRA`s rules are based on RA1 not RA2.

Edited by Moon Pine, 04 January 2007 - 03:13 AM.

Posted Image
Soon Moon`s Minions will overnumber the enemy!

#22 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts
  • Projects:Uh... I'm writing a NGE/GitS/Lain/Snow Crash crossover fanfic?
  •  Decipherer of Paradox' legal talk.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:57 AM

;) Artillery`s range is too short - it`s even shorter than Tesla Coil`s or Turret`s.

Just as it was in RA

:grin: Little Shock Trooper is much weaker than Tesla trooper in RA2 as it can be crushed but costs......$900

It shouldn't be chrushable, that's right.

:( Tanya won`t shoot at enemy infantry automaticly but only manually or retaliatively.

She's not supposed to auto-accuire targets either.
Posted Image

#23 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:28 AM

The thing you have to remember about using the RA2 Engine is that the general size of units and the terrain is larger then in RA2, as is the camera angle. So you may copy the code from RA exactly but you need to adjust it slightly so it fits in with the RA2 engine...

The Flame Tower for instance, maybe make its range 6 instead of 4. That way it looks like it has the same range as it did in RA. Maybe the same could be done with the Artillery, just increase it slightly from the original RA rules to fit in with the RA2 Engine.

Just give it a go and see how it is ingame, im sure it'll feel more like RA then :grin:
Posted Image

#24 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

Thing is, if I move one thing's range up I need to move them all up so it's fair. And if I move them all up it ends up being the exact same difference.

About the Internal Errors.
I got a few that seemed to be randomly happening if I played a full game til the destruction of my enemy and then the IE would occur at some stage in the next game. I changed a few things and played a good few games and it seemed to have gone away. I might well have rubbish leftover in my directory too.
Is anyone else experiencing them?

Edited by Daz, 04 January 2007 - 10:35 AM.

#25 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

I've had no problems... maybe your mod just likes my computer :grin:
Posted Image

#26 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

I got an IE when my flamethrower started to attack, but I had RP installed so I though it might have been because of that, thus I didn't report it.
Posted Image

#27 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:56 PM

I'm pretty sure RP doesn't affect mods unless they use RP coding, but I've not had an IE from that so it's either unrelated to ICFRA or there are random IEs loose.

#28 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

I've just played two more games as Russia... And the first game worked fine. However the 2nd game (after about 30min) had a random IE. And there was no reason for it... i didn't destroy any buildings at the time... make the units do anything specific. :grin:

Also another thing (i believe to be a bug) is that NO vehicles have voices for "confim move" or "confirm attack". You know, the voice they say when you click on where they should more or attack. :p
Posted Image

#29 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:00 PM

The vehicles have voices for 'Confirm Move' and 'Confirm Attack', I've just checked now and they work.
That's a bug on your end, or something that's going wrong with the .exe.

These random IEs worry me.
If it's random it's going to be a pain in the arse to track down.

I had one after I'd Tanya C4ed a load of buildings and was just blowing up a power plant. Do you remember what was happening when yours occurred?

#30 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

Actually, i think we were attacking a powerplant... i was about to finish a base off with a rush and my tanks were attacking an enemy power plant i think...
Posted Image

#31 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

Interesting.
I also had one when I'd just built my first Power Plant of the game, but it was delayed enough for me to have clicked the Refinery cameo.

I'm going to make a new topic for these.

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

I think the artillery range should be upgraded, i hated the useless range it had in Tib Dawn and Red Alert 1, it should be able to out-range most things except the Tesla coil for example as its otherwise useless compared to the V2...

#33 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:30 PM

I find it's a brilliant anti infantry weapon to throw in amongst your tanks. It's also handy for demolishing bases once you've made a hole in the defenses, hell you can rush a Tesla Coil with a few of them and they'll come out on top.

#34 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

Btw when you going post a few screenies on the main site? I love RA1 an want to get this mod for the 'better' engine, but I just want to see what the infantry are like.... If they are ported from RA1 great! but if they're the 15 foot tall RA2 versions then ....mmmmm

There always was something about the infantry being twice as big as tanks in RA2....

#35 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

They're ported version so they're small.

#36 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:03 PM

Sorry mate yea just saw them in a thread, they look great! I just read the release notes too

"new voxels or shps are made by me (Daz)"

Bloomin' heck you did a good job mate, Definitely going to download this now...

Btw I read somewhere that the RockPatch uses better/sharper bit graphics for voxels? Will that mean you'll make sharper ones? I read that your going to use rp in your next release...

keep up the great work! And hope you solve the IEs btw

#37 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:15 PM

Not heard about any graphics tune ups from RP, I believe I read the full feature list too.

Really all mine need are retexturing because the textures are a bit naff, they're some ones Spidey/Macrophage/Merophage gave me ages ago in Yuri scheme that I coloured to Soviet and Allied verisons. So it's just a small texture tiled.
I'll post some renders at some stage to show what I mean.
So there's definately room for improvement on my end.

#38 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

Technician sometimes uses it's "Death" animation as a "Stand" animation.

Mammoth Tank cannot find a suitable loction to fire at Longbows from.

Missile Subs and Subs use the same voxel, which is confusing.

Parabombs bring in two planes, it should be one.

I never cheched, but isn't the Chronotank only avaliable after you have built the Chronosphere?
Posted Image

#39 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:03 PM

That's what you get when you try and add an infantry unit you forgot about 2 minutes before uploading :blush:
I don't think it's even the right graphics, it's the only one that seemed to have firing anims.

No idea what's wrong with them, it just doesn't like shooting at AA. It seems to happen more in the R3 i'm running than it does in R2 though.

See attached, admittedly not a huge difference but I don't think there was a big difference in RA. And at the end of the day they're both subs, how different can they get.

I was using two to differentiate between Parabombs and Paratroops. You see one plane coming and saddle up your Rangers, see two and prepare for base damage.

It only needs a Tech Centre. To be honest it doesn't make much sense given that Tesla Tanks/Shock Troopers need a Tesla Coil and Demo Trucks need a Missile Silo, but it's how it is in RA's rules.ini.

#40 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

I think we're going to see an R2.5 because there's some pretty serious errors being found such as flame weapon IEs and the helis refusing to fire.
They pretty much eliminate the units from the mod and the flame weapon one is going to be really annoying for the people finding it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users