Eowyn bug...maybe

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_d33d_*

Guest_d33d_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:01 AM

I've been playing your great mod through the Good Campaign mode and when I get to Helm's Deep all of the Rohan Heroes will mount but Eowyn, eventhough she says she is level 3 doesn't have the mount option open.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

#2 Guest_d33d_*

Guest_d33d_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:36 AM

I've been playing your great mod through the Good Campaign mode and when I get to Helm's Deep all of the Rohan Heroes will mount but Eowyn, eventhough she says she is level 3 doesn't have the mount option open.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

I'm sorry, I did search the forum but I should have read through the campaign details on the main website more, "Eowyn cannot receive her armour upgrade, nor can she mount her horse. She wears her Refugee Helm's Deep outfit".

Thanks for making such a great mod, I loved playing BFME 1 and you have helped me to enjoy it all over again.

#3 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:42 PM

What? :blink:
She can mount can't she?
Or is it just in the campaign she can mount and not in multiplayer? :blink:
:thumbsdownsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

she can't mount in helm's deep...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#5 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Well maybe at a really high level.........
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

no, ewoyn cant mount on helms deep. seeing how see can only get to 4, unless she alone killed every single uruk that attack, there is no way to have her mount
Posted Image

#7 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

Only Helm's Deep. In skirmish and other campaign missions she can.

#8 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:26 AM

I once played a custom Helm's Deep map on multiplayer and it allowed you to blow the Hornburg. It was just a fear thing on all the uruks on the map and I really liked it. Would this be a "low-priority" possibility Cel? :thumbsdownsmiley:

(Just give it Boromir's horn button and then get the sound from the movie, code it, bingo. :blink:)

#9 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:40 AM

this has been said before. I think cel said he was worried about people abusing the power, but someone told him about making the power insync with Eomer and Gandalf's summon so you use it as they are coming.
Posted Image

#10 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:38 AM

Or he could even just put it in as a sound clip when Gandalf and Eomer arrive (not as interesting, but at least it adds a bit of flavour to it).
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#11 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

in the map, it was basicly Boromir's horn, but that went across the map. I think this is what he meant by the horn and it is what i want in the map
Posted Image

#12 Elven phantom

Elven phantom
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:12 PM

yeah that would be a really cool power to use

#13 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

well, the horn did come before Gandalf and Eomer :p probably a few minutes, but it would be cool to have it, although if you don't do as the movies, ride out with the remaining heroes, it will only just keep your heroes alive a few more seconds that they acctually would...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#14 N19HtmAr3

N19HtmAr3

title available

• Project Team
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:Kicking ass...
  •  "who's that guy, anyways?"

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:39 PM

But with the horn there might be a better chance that you do ride out :grin:

#15 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

Or, you could even make it so that it stuns all enemies inside the fortress (if any) for a short time, giving you a chance to ride out.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#16 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

Or, you could even make it so that it stuns all enemies inside the fortress (if any) for a short time, giving you a chance to ride out.

It doesn't need to be so complicated lol. :grin: Just give it Boromir's button, record the soundclip from the movie and either 1. only make it avaliable right before Gandy and Eomer come or 2. just give it a long recharge rate. ;)

#17 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

Both ideas sound like they can work together; i.e. when Gandalf and Eomer come you can make it available (or even a few seconds beforehand). Even better would be to have it work on its own right before the Rohirrim arrive, stunning all units on the map.
Posted Image

#18 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

I'd be cool to have a Helm's Horn as a "fortress-ability", but Celeglin would have to add a huge hord of Uruks just before Eomer's arrival :grin: To give those riders something to trample.

#19 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:20 PM

Cel, we need a rename here!! Instead of Eowyn bug...maybe rangers, make it Campaing suggestions! :grin:

anyways, any chanse of getting Gandalf to start on Shadowfax? cause mine won't, and I hate to mount him :p

Edited by Lauri, 04 January 2007 - 06:21 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#20 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

Ive talked to him about that Lauri. It has something to do with the code that EA did with every hero that could mount. notice that whenever you go into a new game on campaign, Eomer is the only one who is mounted. And this does include Minas Tirith (I think :grin: )
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users