#21 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:25 PM

it is just short part of code. i think that Cel can make Gandalf starts mounted on that map without problems.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

Both ideas sound like they can work together; i.e. when Gandalf and Eomer come you can make it available (or even a few seconds beforehand). Even better would be to have it work on its own right before the Rohirrim arrive, stunning all units on the map.

Imo ppl would only really like it if they could blow it themselves. Having it as just a preset addition to the level would be "cool," but not as good as if you could control it. Get what I mean? :grin:

#23 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:09 AM

Yeah well...it's good either way, we'll leave it at that. And when Eomer respawns (or gets summoned for the first time) doesn't he come out on a horse?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#24 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

it is just short part of code. i think that Cel can make Gandalf starts mounted on that map without problems.

The script is already there, but isn't being activated for some reason. Is this a coding thing instead?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:51 AM

The script is already there, but isn't being activated for some reason. Is this a coding thing instead?

I think this is a coding problem. As Olorin said, when Eomer gets summed or responded, he is on his horse. But everyone else is on foot.
Posted Image

#26 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:17 AM

So he does...cool.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#27 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:20 AM

I think this is a coding problem. As Olorin said, when Eomer gets summed or responded, he is on his horse. But everyone else is on foot.

And as I said, the script is there (including Eomer's). There's nothing in any of the map.ini's to suggest that it's coding (which is where most campaign-specific stuff is coded). After a brief skimming of Eomer's ini, I couldn't find anything that would suggest that it's based there either.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

Behavior = ToggleMountedSpecialAbilityUpdate ModuleTag_HorseToggle
 		SpecialPowerTemplate	= SpecialAbilityToggleMounted
 		TriggerInstantlyOnCreate = Yes ;Instantly puts Eomer on a horse.
 		UnpackTime			  = 2000
 		PreparationTime		 = 1  
 		PersistentPrepTime	  = 250
 		PackTime				= 2000
 		OpacityTarget			= .3	; How see-thru to be at peak of change
 		AwardXPForTriggering	= 0
	End

so this part of code doest it

TriggerInstantlyOnCreate = Yes ;Instantly puts Eomer on a horse.

but it is only used for Eomer's child object *really confused right now* no matter. if you put this in Gandalf's code in map.ini it will work fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:18 PM

Could it have something to do with gandalf the grey/white? Because you need white to mount but you dont have to get power? maybe the game freaks out a little because it doesnt know ahead of time?
Posted Image

#30 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, I found that bit of code shortly after my last post last night. Gave it to all Rohan heroes and it worked fine (in the campaign). I'll stick it in for Gandalf on Helm's Deep (map.ini) and will remove it from Eowyn, Theoden, Hama, and Gamling in Helm's Deep. I haven't tested Skirmish yet, but I'm assuming the code isn't read during that (as Eomer always starts on foot there).

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users