#41 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:12 AM

Also, if I was to play the original campaign as the Forces of Light, how would I defeat the Balrog? Lightning Sword seems to have been pushed back a few levels.

2) How does Boromir have eight abilites? ... Do we have to choose which abilites he has?

More likely I just couldn't remember where lightning sword goes :grin:.

When you activate Boromir's armour upgrade, he loses a couple of the powers and exchanges them for new ones.

Ah, right ;) I hope he loses his mount power. I really wanted him as an infantry hero. Is his armour upgrade yours to control, or is it when you level up?

EDIT:
By the looks of things, there's been some animating going on. No wonder it took so long to update. I've heard how animating is a pain in the arse ;)

Do Boromir's powers go like this?:

Horn of Gondor
Some kind of melee buff
Leadership
Last Stand
Mount / (then when his armour is activated) a Rallying ability?
Captain of Gondor (experience buff) / (then when his armour is activated) a passive Shield add-on.

So, he can be a lightly armoured mounted buffer, or a heavily armoured not-mounted buffer? ^_^

Edited by Azrael, 04 January 2007 - 03:45 AM.

#42 olorum

olorum
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:33 AM

this looks like the best bfme mod ever, I looked at it a long time ago when it was on the older site and I fell in love, I never thought it would move on though because I saw very little activity there. I thought it was just another dud mod, but it has pulled through and I am very excited to see all the new updates and work. thank you for the hope of an acctual great mod for this game. not saying there are others out there but this one is definately the best looking ive seen. good luck and dont give up.

#43 MorgoththeMight

MorgoththeMight
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  BFME player

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:50 AM

I saw that you also included minifaction powers... how will they work? can you activate them at the minifaction building, or do you need to pay spellbook powerpoints for it..?

#44 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

You chose the minifaction before loading the map, so the powers will be part of the normal spell tree.

I think GTG's eagle power is more an escape power than a mount power, ie. he is on it for a restricted amount of time, unlike Shadowfax. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Also, can you increase the size of the renders on the site or reduce the actual size, as the renders that come up on the site are reduced but having been aliased. I think that makes sense...

Edit: By looking at the page source, I have found the Gondor Captain info, hope I'm Ok for posting this:

Render: Posted Image

Palentir: Posted Image

To ascend to the rank of Captain of the White Tower is the highest prestige attainable by a soldier of the kingdom of Gondor. Joining the order through training and rank, a natural gift of command or both, a Gondorian Captain exerts an aura of authority on the realm’s nobility and rank and file alike. Although a staple of the Gondor military, there is no definite post for a Captain of Minas Tirith, for at the word of the steward or king a captain may be sent to lead Gondor’s forces from as near as the Rammas Echor to as far as the Crossings of Poros. Once a task is accomplished the Captain may then be recalled at a moments notice to another front with only brief rest. Thus, only those who’ve truly proved their mettle, valour, leadership and fighting prowess remain within this demanding station.

Edited by mh_gollum, 04 January 2007 - 10:59 AM.

Posted Image

#45 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:42 AM

I'm pretty sure they won't work like that ;) - from the descriptions on site, I would guess they are activated from the minifac building.

Incredible update, guys :grin: ! Well worth the wait ;) .
Posted Image

#46 Bebbe

Bebbe

Savvy ?

• Project Team
  • 670 posts
  •  The original guy

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

Awesome update , really .
I liked the older site. It had this : This-is-the-best-mod feeling.

#47 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

Hmm, that's strange, the Gondor Captain portrait, render and info is supposed to be on the Gondor page. At least, I can see it...

And yes the mini-faction powers will be activated at their respective buildings.
Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#48 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

Firefox 2 - doesnt show normally, but if you reduce text size it does
IE7 - no, only header
Opera 9 - appears at bottom, but after the bottom-of-the-page image
Posted Image

#49 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

You chose the minifaction before loading the map

Umm... Where on earth did you get that notion?

I liked the older site. It had this : This-is-the-best-mod feeling.

And your thoughts on the new site :grin:?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

Firefox 2 - doesnt show normally, but if you reduce text size it does
IE7 - no, only header
Opera 9 - appears at bottom, but after the bottom-of-the-page image

Strangeness. I have all 3 of those browsers and it works fine.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#51 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

It works for me too, and I'm using firefox.

*Points to the questions I asked* :grin:

#52 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

As said, when I change text size it appears, so perhaps you see it cause you have higher resolution screen? I'm on 1027x768

Umm... Where on earth did you get that notion?

I'm sure a staff member said you pre-chose the minifaction. Or perhaps because we got told you can only have one minifaction per game (is that right?) and I read in to it wrong.
Posted Image

#53 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

I'm sure a staff member said you pre-chose the minifaction. Or perhaps because we got told you can only have one minifaction per game (is that right?) and I read in to it wrong.

no no...you can have all three minifactions per game.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

it's a whole new plot, which you click on and get a choice of all 3 mini factions.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#55 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

O rly? :D That's fantastic!! *imagines having Blades of Rhun+Morgul armory+Signal of Morgul+Corruption+Necromancer's Power+Rhun Palace at one time...mweheheheh :D :p *
Btw. GREAT Update...too bad nothing from Rohan for its mine 2nd favourite faction. :grin:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,677 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

Did you guys seriously thought you'd choose the minifaction at the start of the match?

That's extremely hardcoded material you cannot possibly get to. :grin:

You simply direct your battalion towards a minifaction plot and a menu of 3 choices pops up. So yes, it is very possible to get the best of every minifaction, though that would be rather expensive.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#57 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:07 PM

Thats what I originally thought, but then someone said something months ago so I got the impression you could only have one minifaction in a match. Oh well, having all three is much better :grin:
Posted Image

#58 Romendacil III

Romendacil III
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

Remember me? Yeah I'm back and I'm glad to see the mod is looking so good. Plz forgive me for my awful noobiness in the old forums :p .

On a different note, Gondor looks amazing and I like how you implemented the captain into the mod. Thank you for spending all your time on this team and good luck from here on out. :grin:

Edited by Romendacil III, 04 January 2007 - 08:41 PM.

#59 maguirenumber6

maguirenumber6
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

Welcome back Rhovanion Alliance![b]

In truth you guys never went away. Congrats on getting thru a difficult patch in the life of the mod, congrats on a great new site, and congrats on a fantastic update. I know a lot of ppl thought the mod was dying a slow, painful death, but victory from the jaws of defeat as they say.

Also, allow me to introduce myself. I am maguirenumber6, a new user from Manchester, England. I have watched the mod from the early days but never posted or indeed signed up. Thought it was about time I lent my support to this incredible project!

Can't wait for further updates, and once again, welcome back!
"Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."
-Tim the Enchanter

#60 ZarK32

ZarK32
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:35 PM

Hi, I have been following the mod for about a year but I never post before, and I have to say that I thought it was dead.

But this new update is awesome, the new site and all.

I hope we can see a release this year, and more updates soon (Surely you have more to show us but you are keeping some for other updates, I really want to see some rohan and isengar stuff)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users