The Long-Awaited Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

#121 Witch King of Angmar

Witch King of Angmar
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

So, what can we be expecting in the next update(s)? Also, when is it probably going to be? Not to be rude but I like to know these kind of things. :p

#122 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

Great, now three of us are asking that question. :p Anyone else wanna join?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#123 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

When's the next update? (Three was a crowd)

#124 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

When's the next update :p

How much of the mod is complete? (in % :? )

And is it being worked on atm?

When are you about to release the mod?

Sorry for all of these questions, but I've been waiting so long for this mod now, and I'm sick of not knowing if it's even worth waiting for it, or if it's even going to be finished :S

#125 Hard_Sander

Hard_Sander
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

My guess:

It's done when it's done.

#126 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

When's the next update :p

How much of the mod is complete? (in % :? )

And is it being worked on atm?

When are you about to release the mod?

Sorry for all of these questions, but I've been waiting so long for this mod now, and I'm sick of not knowing if it's even worth waiting for it, or if it's even going to be finished :S

1. When its done
2. Unknown and hard to tell.
3. Everything. Each staff member has their own designated tasks.
4. They refuse to tell us, but it is not in their interest to set a deadline

I doubt the staff can answer many of the questions, either coz they cant or dont want to. We have all gotten used to this. Nevertheless, the updates are always worth the confusion, more or less.
Posted Image

#127 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

Okay :( :rant:

Because on other mod sites, there is a useful little bar that shows how much of what is already complete :)

Posted by Nertea 4:40 PM 21/10/2006

Because the last newspost on the main site is 2 months old :S

I guess I'll come back in a few months :p

#128 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:27 PM

Hehe, note that I wrote that newspost back before the update was actually done, when I started writing the site :p.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#129 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:27 PM

That date isnt right. The update was on the 3rd of January, check the first post of this thread. There's no need to go away, these forums have finally got going again, I'm struggling to read every post, every time I come back there are another 5-10 posts.
Posted Image

#130 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

Perhaps I'll register :p

#131 Mr. Scetch

Mr. Scetch
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

Hi guys :)

#132 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:29 PM

There is one thing that I would like to know, when will this webpage be updated cuz It's been weeks scince you launched it and I have been waiting impaitiently for the next update. I mean when will the factfiles on the remaining factions be released cuz I have high levels of anticipation for these completed factions. So come on!! lets have a look at them
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#133 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:33 PM

This mod has been worked on for two years. You cant expect updates on a regular basis. On the old site, it used to be done mini-faction by mini-faction.

Go to the old forums to see the other updates. I am sure they are working on implementing them into the new site.

http://rhovanion.mev...ewforum.php?f=1
Posted Image

#134 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:16 PM

You'll just have to wait, Uruk King. This latest update was literally months after the previous one. Apparently at this new site, they are going to do it an entire faction at a time.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#135 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:13 AM

I knew eventually it would get to five's an army. :p Again, we'll have to have someone on the team answer this.

Edited by Olorin, 24 January 2007 - 01:16 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#136 Drewry

Drewry

title available

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

Again, we'll have to have someone on the team answer this.

Answer what?
Drewry H. Morris V - Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
www.druvianism.org

#137 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

could you tell me when are you going to put information about the other factions?

#138 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

I think you should create at least another faction like angmar because the mod will be unbalanced

#139 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:18 PM

How so?

Honestly, can someone please explain to me why the good-evil faction balance matters? It's not like skirmishes are limited to good vs evil, so I don't see why everyone makes such a big fuss about it.

Also, Angmar has no place in this mod. Their "kingdom" didn't exist for very long, as was long dead by the WOTR.

Edited by zimoo, 24 January 2007 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#140 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

I think you should create at least another faction like angmar because the mod will be unbalanced

Um, no. Just...no. It's ok if the forces of darkness and light are unequal, as long as that inequality is in numbers.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users