Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

13th of the Earth month August, 2529
Above UNSC-Held Planet Cerulean, +200 sea level

Cerulean was an earth-like planet, with one major difference. It was covered at least 85% by water, and was 1.5 times the size of Earth. I hadn't seen Earth ever, but we had learned these facts shortly after we awoke away from our beds. The UNSC had chosen us to be the next set of supersoldiers in their secret program. And now we were in year two, week 3 of training. Starting 200 feet above the ocean, we were to drop the distance and then swim, with full packs, to a small island that was going to be our new training center. I was chosen (we drew straws) to be the first off of the Pelican. After I jumped, I immediately began to swim. This drill was timed.

As the first off the Pel, and the fastest swimmer at the time, I was the first to hit the island. And I found out one thing- it was guarded by small bots armed with tasers that would put a recruit out for a week. The only weapons we had were a pistol with minimal ammo and a standard issue combat knife. They didn't want us to have 'actual' weapons until later. I dropped the pack full of things I didn't need to use yet, and hid it in an easily-remembered bush for later. And then I swam back out to the rest.

They didn't believe me. Two dozen were knocked out before the small group organised by myself found the shut-down switch. That's how I ended up being 'Fox'

Edited by Copaman, 04 January 2007 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#2 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

Beachhead, Cerulean, Small Island

After hitting the beach with my companions, we quickly organised task forces. Alpha Squad was with me, aimed at finding some way to take out all the bots at once, while Beta Squad would form a distraction.

We hid in some bushes while they ran off down the beach, each member told to fire one shot from their pistol as they went. This drew off half of the Bots and opened up a lane to a small building for us to take refuge in. Around the outside were a set of ladders. We sprinted into the building and found ourselves facing a group of bots looking right at us. John, a smaller boy to my left, fired his pistol into two of them, blowing their 'head' off and stopping them completely. This left us with two more, and we all wanted to save ammo. We ran back outside and up a ladder, putting us onto the roof. The bots had called for help and had us surrounded. We did what we could, but the ones that had went off after Beta came back.

"Gimme your pistol," I said to Amber, a female recruit and one that was slightly taller that I was, and she gave it to me. With one pistol in one hand and one in another, I shot at an air release valve ((think a chimney)) that I thought led into the complex until it came apart. I slid down the chute, not knowing were I was going until I reached a section of horizontal tubing. Through a vent I could make out the shap of two people, a Guy with a Girl. They were speaking to each other. "How many do you think will make it out of this?" said the first to the second.
"Not many. Those bots are new, with better hunt-seek programming."
"Still... these kids are supposed to be the future. They're the next generation of Spartans."
"Not what I've heard- someone top level is supposed to be making up a new Spartan program, one with more kids than the last, one with a higher survival rate."
"Hm. Where'd you hear that?"
"I have my sources."
"Too bad then. Maybe we should just cancel the exercizes and train them how to be regular ODSTs."
"Naw, that'd be funding down the drain. Just because they're in between programs doesn't meen they can't do as good as either one."
"You're right. And to think we were foolish enough to put the 'Off' button right down the hall, in the mess room."
The male figure had turned to the vent with that last sentence. Had I been seen? Probably.

I scuttled down the tubing, looking through each vent for the Mess Hall. No luck, until I came to the largest vent of them all. The room was filled with benches, and had 'Mess Hall' written on the South wall. No doubt. Looking down, I saw a crowd of bots, waiting for some innocent child to pop through the door to turn them off. They were looking in the wrong place. I took off my shirt and ripped it into shreds, then tied it together into a rope. I then tied the shirt-rope to a brace on the side of the tube, and silently took the cover off of the vent.

I lowered myself down into the room the length of the rope, and then came to a stop. I ran out of rope. I cut the rope with my knife, and tried to hit the groud as silently as possible. I wasn't seen nor heard. At a table in the far back, I saw a bright red button, and a few tables in front of that, a smaller grey button. Both were simply labeled 'Robots'. I came up to the first pair of robots and whaked the in the base of their 'head,' right where I knew the cognativtiy cord was. The bump severed the cords.

I knocked out seven more pairs like that, and then realised that they were getting smarter. As time passed, they recognised a presence unlike them a little more. I put one pistol away and brought out the knife. I cut apart the cord of another three.

I now had an opportunity to the red button. I took it at a full sprint, and the bots saw/heard me. I shot apart the rest in the way, and got to the button. Before I hit it, I looked down and saw that it was the 'Base Panic' button. Fooled me. I jumped to another table-bench and shot away at the bots. The commotion brought my comrades down the vent system. From above me, they began to take out bots behind me, and I took the opportunity to get from table to table. I eventually got to the Grey button, marked 'Shut Off' and pressed it. Nothing happened, so I shot at it. The bots stopped after five shots.

The man and the woman came into the Mess hall afterwards, and congradulated me. "That was a very interesting tactic. Through the vent system and then into the Hall from above. The bots didn't see it coming. Very Fox like. Hide in the shadows, then pounce." Said the man. "Yes. The tactic was interesting. Good job. Now could your company go out and gather up your sleeping buddies, please?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

Edited by Copaman, 05 January 2007 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#3 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

7 Years Later

The Augmentations had gone fine. I recovered faster than expected, but apparently we'd undergone a new set of augmentations from the last group of Spartan Graduates. Lucky us, survival / capability rate was 54%. That's up from the, what, 33% survival rate of last class.

I would get to be suited up for my MIJOLNIR suit later next week. This class they were giving personalised suits out- you got to pick the colors.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users