Helpppppp!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HEHE

HEHE
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:40 AM

i don't kno why........but....i installed the eleven alliance mod....
and.......all the heros are invisible.....and....my gondor soldiers are
pink...and and adn...the new heros...are also in pink..i can't see the picture
when i press the citadel.....also.....my elves..are invisible...i can't see them...
the only thing i can see...it the camp...other than that....everything i built or make
is invisible....so....if anyone can help me that would be greattttt.

#2 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:21 AM

Is your game patched to 1.03? do you have any other mods installed?
Posted Image

#3 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

Invisible/pink models means that you installed the mod into the root Battle for Middle Earth ™ folder; since it's been installed there, the game won't read my new asset.dat, which includes the paths to all the new textures and models. What did you do to install? The installer puts everything into the Battle for Middle Earth Application Data folder by default and makes a shortcut on your desktop.

This is where you want the mod file (ElvenAlliance.big) to be:
C:\Documents and Settings\*YourWindowsLoginName*\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth Files\

(alternatively, you can type %appdata%\My Battle for Middle-earth Files\ in your Windows Address Bar

Next you must move ElvenAlliance.big out of your root Battle for Middle Earth ™ folder and into the folder above. Your root Battle for Middle Earth folder can be found here (though you should know where it is, seeing as you must have put the file there yourself):
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm)\

Now you must make a shortcut that will read ElvenAlliance.big when playing BfME (once again, the installer should have done this on its own, but I'll tell you how to do it manually anyway). You'll have to make a copy of a normal BfME shortcut. Rename this copy "The Elven Alliance" or whatever (so you know that this will play the mod for you). Right click the new shortcut and go to "Properties". In the new window that pops up, go to the "Shortcut" tab. In the "Target:" field, add -mod ElvenAlliance.big to the end of the address. It should now look like this:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm)\lotrbfme.exe" -mod ElvenAlliance.big

Now everything should work fine. You'll be able to play the mod using the new shortcut, and can go back to playing the old game by using a normal shortcut.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 HEHE

HEHE
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:59 AM

it works nowwww!!!!!!!
THXSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#5 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

No problem! I'm very happy to hear that you got it working. Have fun!

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users