• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

I just started work on the wall hub. I'm also helping cook for a party, so I might not get too much work done today. Its not any harder than the normal wall, the only problem is that I can't map one side and apply it to the other (its not symmetrical)... Just means I am mapping the same thing over and over. Not too much of a hassle!
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#42 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

I'm sure I'm not the only one that really appreciates the work you put into this... and that you release it to the general public as well is just astonishing :) If you only knew how many people that have been wanting this ever since the game came out *lol* Keep up the good work and holla at me if you need more help with ice on the towers later on. It GREAT fun to be able to help with SOMETHING. I just hope it'll turn out nicely in the game later on, cause I may have painted for like 15 years, but Ive never done any skinning or CGI so to speak *lol*

But hey, it took a little more than "an hour" no? hehe :)
Now I'll get back to my oh so troublesome Rohan implementation to the final stages of my "little" mod of a mod... *scraches head*

I would need a team to finish this... maybe I can get some if I get the webpage up... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:15 AM

Websites don't get you a team, its just another thing to maintain :p

Finished the wall hub!

Normal:
Posted Image
Snowy:
Posted Image

It took around 3 hours, due to a few complications. I don't know whether to call EA's mapping of these things genious or laziness; in any case it was hell! Oh well, its done now. Hopefully I'll do the towers tommorow!
Posted Image

#44 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Projects:*Trinity Wars*
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:46 AM

looking pretty cool. GJ Fin :p

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#45 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:55 AM

You the MAN!!! Wow Fin! That actually looks pretty good (I was worried about my "ice-ing"), but it turnes out just as I hoped.. kind of subtle but there. I didn't want to overdo it since no ther walls re really covered in snow, just some frost and ice. And the seperate model for the hub is just a releif to see :p

I'll be waiting for the tower with great anticipation :)

Any progress on the possibility of animation of the gate and the "rise from ground" stuff, or do u have that covered too? hehe

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#46 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:40 PM

really really nice walls :)

*cough* credit Fin, Nazgûl *cough* :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:08 PM

I had to check the colors in WB... and they all match the Mordor FOrtress on the SPOT! Coool :p

Posted Image

I cant wait to put them into the game... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#48 Sindarin

Sindarin

title available

• Project Team
  • 281 posts
  • Projects:Tol Eressëa MOD - WOTE
  •  Skinner - Coder - Mapper - Modeler

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

VERY VERY VERY COOOL!!! :p

Posted Image

#49 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Just an update; I did the build up animations for the hub and walls yesterday, so thats one thing off the list! I also started mapping the tower, but it will take a LONG time to finish. Each one of the spikes on the thing has to be mapped separately... Painful XD Wait a second... what are those little things that are where the hubs should be? The look like mini towers... Great, something else to map :p Nevermind, that is the gate :p

Edited by Fingulfin, 12 January 2007 - 06:05 PM.

Posted Image

#50 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

Cool Fin, but well good luck with the mapping. I thought that those animations would take more time

#51 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

All you have to do is move one bone straight up... It only takes around 5 minutes per animation.
Posted Image

#52 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

it's unit animations that takes time :p and, I mean REAL time :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#53 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

Just an update; I did the build up animations for the hub and walls yesterday, so thats one thing off the list! I also started mapping the tower, but it will take a LONG time to finish. Each one of the spikes on the thing has to be mapped separately... Painful XD Wait a second... what are those little things that are where the hubs should be? The look like mini towers... Great, something else to map :p Nevermind, that is the gate ;)

Yep my friend... that is the gates "corners" so to speak - the pillars that make up the side of the gates, like in all other gates :p :p Best of luck with all the mapping :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#54 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

you know, i decided to just scrap mordor walls from our mod, but i must rethink that now :grin:

very good job

i don't understand what you mean by "bfme 2 has no dynamic lighting". unless i understand you wrong, that must be complete bullcrap (so probably i'm understanding you wrong :sleep:). look, the bottom of the ram is darker, but the skin is as dark in one place as the other:

Posted Image

Edited by 2playgames, 13 January 2007 - 09:01 PM.

bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#55 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

I've seen lightening in BFME2 alot of times... all times really :sleep: Once I though I had a mod installed cause the heavy armored Gondorans where Silver!!! But when they started to ride, it turned out it was the lightening, and it was gold... gah.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#56 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Developer

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:59 AM

you know, i decided to just scrap mordor walls from our mod, but i must rethink that now

Nice 2play, just to don't give me too much work!

So thank you finfulfin :sleep:
Posted Image

#57 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

anyone got the mordor walls finished and ready to use in the game?

#58 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

They'll be finished when they're finished... Plz don't rush Fingulfin, just be glad that he's taking the time to do this. I merely contributed with him getting started I think *lol* and some ice to the textures :p but he's the one doing all the friggin hard work, and he deserves major credit for that, not people naggin ;)

I'm sure he's on top of it, but it'll probably take quite some time to get it all top notch... ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#59 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

*bump*

I'm not so sure they will get completed anymore :sad:
Fin's moved on to other interests, and who can blame him. You can't hold an interest for ever =P He might fisish them eventually, and he might not. We'll see... But in the mean time I did some experimenting on my own.

And this is what they act like just "imported" straight off into the game (based on Isengard walls)...
Posted Image

So... the problem is obviously primarily the 90 degree off rotation. But, you can control other structures angles in game with a simple "PlacementViewAngle = -45" (or some value). The wall segments do not respond to that however, which is sad... I can't understand why EA didn't make these like all other walls :lol:

The gate is also turned 180 degrees wrong, and it wont respond to the angle code either... :lol:
But it was fun seeing them in there nevertheless :lol:

Fin, Zimoo and others state that the walls needs to be turned in modeling, like Fin's been doing, but unfortionately I dont understand exactly why the wont just turn from the code above =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#60 The Desert Fox

The Desert Fox
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

Now, I don't doubt Fin at all, but I am working on having walk on top walls for gondor (like the ones in BFME1), and I had the same problem at first with the wall segments I am using. However, I just went into renx, rotated, and applied the skin, and they turned out fine. It may be different for those walls, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users