#1 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

We walked to the smithy at the end of the alleyway.

The smithy was rather large, with a big opening at the front and several peaked roofs up above. I could still make out the removeable roof three rises back. Good thing.

Our group was greeted by a smaller man, adorned by scars left over from game-fights. With an appearence like that, he had to be bet on plenty. "What can I do yer for? A new sword? Some Chain? Maybe looking for a chellenge of a fight?" ((OOC: Oh, it's so hard to resist a 'Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?' moment :grin:)) His breath reeked of recently eaten garlic-farmer's pie.

"No, but thanks for the offer. We're here to see Joniah," I said with a grin.
"Who might be askin fer him? I don't want ter be takin any chances."
"Just tell him 'The Dog Has Come For Supper'. He should understand what the message is."
"Talkin in code, is it then? We'll see. He don't want ye all, ye're gonna have ter deal with me."

We waited for a bit, and finally a heavy set man came from a back room, tears in his eyes. "Oh," he wailed as he lumbered towards me, "I thought you'd never be back. What took you so long?"
Through his iron-grasp of a hug, I managed to squeeze, "It's been a while. I've missed you. Please, meet my new friends Raharan and Karahn."

"Pleased to be your aquaintences. Now, Kilfy, what's your business here?" Pulling me aside, he whispered, "And why did you bring Rangers here? Do you want some of these businesses to get shut down?"

"Well, Joniah, I have something very important to show these folk. And I'll need use of that room, If you don't mind."

Edited by Copaman, 07 January 2007 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#2 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

Raharan and Karahn gave a friendly nod when they were introduced. They were curious as to what would happen, but knew better than to ask questions. Instead they waited until Kilfaë and the guy were done talking.

((OOC: Sorry that it's a bit short, I'm unsure what else to add. Depending on what you want, we could go to the desert or stay around in Tel'Quessir.))

#3 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

((Short post = fine. We'll take a quick jaunt to the lake, learn some magic from a couple of stones, and then meet Elvy out at an oasis. IYDM, I was thinking about finding some ginormous magic stone at the oasis...))

"Right. That room. Are you sure you want to show them? If word gets out that..."
I inturrupted, "Word won't get out. There are others that we didn't know about. And one of these two is another. Now, how about it."

Dumbfounded by the existance of others, Joniah led us to the furthest furnace and then stopped. "Are you sure?"
"Yes. I am."

He put the fire out in the furnace, and then rotated it around a large bolt. The back room was a bit dusty, but that was all. "Now, off with the roof..." he said.

While he was lifting it off, I turned to Raharan and Karahn and said, "I've got to be honest with you. I'm not what I seem to be. Those stones I told you about, they weren't just stones. They had an ancient language of runes inscribed on them. When I put a certain three together, they gave me a magical ability. The fox the you saw in the forest, it was me. The time that I was sleeping is a side effect. And Karahn, you're like me. If you put some of those stone together, you'd probably get some magic of your own. However, they only work at the lake, I'd know." The roof was off. "Now, let's go. I'll only have five minutes to get us to the lake, so you'll all need to hold on." Joniah brought out a giant saddle with a bench on it from a rather large cabinet in the wall. I hit my left shoulder and then began to change.

The red magic wrapped around my arms and legs, while another blue kind wrapped around my chest. Eventually the whole color spectrum was out and about, lacing around my body and coloring my multitude of tatoos. My palms were covered in red runes of the same language of the stones, and then the room flashed white.

I was Tanuuy, the largest bird ever to be. My feathers were as long as a man was tall. "Hop On!" I said with help from an adapted voicebox ((Birds have no teeth, so I'll have to make up some excuse...))

Karahn and Raharan jumped onto my bird form's saddle and then grabbed on for the ride of their life.

Edited by Copaman, 08 January 2007 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users