• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:09 AM

Well, I never really play Rohan, but I would usually get Gimli around the mid-game (along with Aragorn), as a major support hero. And adding a power with him would spice him up a bit (I don't really see any balance work).

Yep. Give him new power, give him a high-rank skin, tweak his other abilities so his new one doesn't overpower himself, then he will be awesome. Just to throw out some more ideas... ;)

Axe Throw - level 1

Leap - level 3

Jewel's Lust - level 5 - Gimli bends to the ground and out of a dust cloud (for effect) he pulls two money chests that supply 300-400 resources. Recharge time would be sorta long because Rohan already has Eomer who has pillage, so this should be balanced out to fit alongside Eomer.

Slayer - level 7 - make it have a longer recharge time if he gets Durin's Axe below.

Durin's Axe - level 10 - instead of this being a passive ability as slayer already makes him powerful, Gimli will get this ability. What it does: he swings his axe up (this will be a version of Gandalf's wizard blast, maybe slightly smaller) and then he swings down (causing another wizard blast but goes all around him like WoP and with a small earthquake effect or something). The anims from slayer could be used for Gimli swinging his axe but with something added to make it original.

:)

#42 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

The Durin's Axe ability ^^ will have the same effect as leap. I was thinking of one of the combo's the Dwarf had in The Third Age on console, but I don't know how that can be implemented in the game, apart from being a melee anti-hero strike. Problem with that is his Axe Throw takes that effect away.

Edit: also, Gimli having 5 abilities as you stated before Thorontur is way too overpowering. Legolas is his equal IMO and he has 4 (or had 4, the summon doesn't really count).

Edited by Olorin, 10 January 2007 - 12:33 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#43 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

The Durin's Axe ability ^^ will have the same effect as leap. I was thinking of one of the combo's the Dwarf had in The Third Age on console, but I don't know how that can be implemented in the game, apart from being a melee anti-hero strike. Problem with that is his Axe Throw takes that effect away.

Edit: also, Gimli having 5 abilities as you stated before Thorontur is way too overpowering. Legolas is his equal IMO and he has 4 (or had 4, the summon doesn't really count).

Hmmk. Maybe Jewel's Lust should be it.

#44 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. ;)
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#45 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:57 AM

I was wondering, Cel, if Eriador will get some new powers? The current Elves have Avari summon and Elven Mists but will there be any new ones for either faction?

And what will they be? ;)

Edited by Thorontur, 10 January 2007 - 02:13 AM.

#46 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:59 AM

Yep, I think last time we were discussing it in the other thread it was a definate. Don't know for sure though. ;)
Posted Image

#47 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:15 AM

^^Cool. What do you guys think of Aragorn's rank 10 oathbreaker? Ofc as a Rohan player I love it but from the opponent's point of view (the person who is sieging), it is so op because the single horde will wipe out the entire sieging army alone. Catas, trebs, heroes, etc. Maybe Oathbreakers time could be reduced?

#48 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:37 AM

I think cel lowered the time that they are on the battlefield.

p.s. Dont you love how a legolas topic, that was a simple question about mirkwood scouts in campaign, could turn into a topic about Aragorn and Gimili ;)
Posted Image

#49 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

We really know how to get offtopic. ;) Anyway, since the Army of the Dead is going to be removed for Rohan, Aragorn should keep it, and (if anything) buff the ability. I was thinking maybe summon the King of the Dead with it as well, but of course that would lead to more modeling and coding, but not that much balancing.

Edited by Olorin, 10 January 2007 - 02:54 AM.

Posted Image

#50 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:59 AM

the army of the dead is only going to be removed if Cel can find another power to replace it ;)
Posted Image

#51 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:01 AM

And I'm pretty sure he has: remember the Horn of Helm Hammerhand that we were discussing (can't remember where)?
Posted Image

#52 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:07 AM

that was a special power we were talking about for helm's deep ;)
Posted Image

#53 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:28 AM

Omg I must know about this new power for Rohan!

Imo if Aragorn could summon the King of the Dead like CEleborn summons Celeglin that would be cooler and better balanced. ;)

#54 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:50 AM

Exactly my point ^^.

To adummy: was it just a normal power? I thought it was the uber one...
Posted Image

#55 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:57 AM

K... now someone tell me if the Witch King gets any changes... It would be awesome if he could go on foot w/ his mace and fire sword with Boromir knockback and he had a really cool power.

#56 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:58 AM

To Thorontur: I think the kind of the dead would be more balanced, but i dont know if cel wants to model him. and i think cel said he might, at some point, make it so the witch-king can go on foot but will do it after he wants to do some other things first (wormtongue and such)
To Olorin: It was just a special power that you would click the horn of helm's hammerhand and activate it once (around the time that Eomer and Gandalf come) and it would scare all of the uruk-hai on the entire map

Edited by adummy, 10 January 2007 - 04:58 AM.

Posted Image

#57 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:23 AM

No no no no no, he was thinking of an actual uber power to do with that. I think it's in one of the later pages of the 'Expanding into two factions' thread. Should be there...

Edit: To Thorontur-yeah, I think he was going to make the Witch-King do that. By the way, don't you just love the way we use quotes; 'To Thorontur'. :p

Edited by Olorin, 10 January 2007 - 10:25 AM.

Posted Image

#58 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

guys.... your so dumb.... why on earth should Cel make King of the Dead? he would be as pwning as the other dead, only, his area of attack would be smaler... alot smaler.... so about that idea, I'd say dump it... :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#59 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

I really don't like the sound of Jewel Lust... To have Gimli suddenly grab some minerals from the earth is just silly I think.

Maybe Lust for Riches could allow him to gather a small amount of resources with every enemy killed, but that would make him look like a little thief.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#60 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

And similar to Eomer.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users