• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

Yeah and I would prefer him STRONGER not BETTER for Rohan. And jewel lust is making him better not stronger. :blush:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

I'd say, it's not helping Rohan at all :blush: I mean, you can get a few troops with it, or an upgard on a unit, but still, I don't like it.. Gimli should be a tank ;) :p Imo....

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#63 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

So maybe something like Frodo's ability? Which gives him a chance to dodge a blow.

#64 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

guys.... your so dumb.... why on earth should Cel make King of the Dead? he would be as pwning as the other dead, only, his area of attack would be smaler... alot smaler.... so about that idea, I'd say dump it... :blush:

Aragorn's AOD will wipe out an entire sieging army with time to spare (except cav whom can run away). King of the Dead would be a single unit and thus won't do as much damage. He could have a few powers but the Rohan wouldn't send him into a whole army seeing as he would be a hero and could be killed, wheras AotD and Oathhbreakers only die to Balrog fire breath and Gandalf's WoP.

#65 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

guys.... your so dumb.... why on earth should Cel make King of the Dead? he would be as pwning as the other dead, only, his area of attack would be smaler... alot smaler.... so about that idea, I'd say dump it... :blush:

We're not saying he should any more than he should make Halbarad a hero for Gondor. We're merely throwing out suggestions. And *realising that Army of the Dead will completely overrule the King of the Dead* if that's the case the King of the Dead should stay longer, or until he dies, like Celeglin when summoned by Celeborn.

And as for Gimli, he should be more of a tank than any other hero, apart from the Elven heroes (Elrond, Glorfindel and Galadriel) and Gandalf :p.

Edited by Olorin, 10 January 2007 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#66 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:09 AM

Hey Cel would you consider tacking Gandalf's mounted speed to that of all other horses? Because for instance in Gondor > Rohan it is insanely easy to lame w/ Gandy because he will IL all the rohirrim since he is faster.

#67 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

While it isn't said right out, it's pretty well implied that Shadowfax is the fastest horse in Middle-Earth. So no, Rohan heroes are not going to match his speed. In the game, Asfaloth matches his speed because there are only so many digits I can use that will create a noticable difference in moving speed.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:20 AM

Asfaloth would come close to Shadofax's speed anyway (in reality).
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#69 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:16 AM

While it isn't said right out, it's pretty well implied that Shadowfax is the fastest horse in Middle-Earth. So no, Rohan heroes are not going to match his speed. In the game, Asfaloth matches his speed because there are only so many digits I can use that will create a noticable difference in moving speed.

This is for sake of balance. Go to just about any Gondor vs. Rohan topic at Gr, download the rep and watch the Gandalf laming. He is op only in that matchup but all you have to do is decrease his speed a little. Arwen's speed is fine since she can't IL every minute.

In the other topic the guy was talking about Legolas's Knife Fighter. That reminded me to ask you if you could make this ability a toggle and not just for a few seconds. I dunno why EA made a timer on it. :blush:

#70 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:34 AM

You know my opinion on ignoring the source material in the name of "balance". Like, honestly. It's part of Gandalf and Shadowfax's character. Why not just turn Theoden into a fire-wielding shamanlord everytime Gandalf uses Istari Light while on Shadowfax. That would certainly add a plus to Rohan's deficiencies.

I'm really sorry dude, but that's not what I'm here to do. I'm here to represent the books and films in a game, and if I have to sacrifice balance a little (or find different way of balancing rather than the most obvious gameplay choice) then so be it. Sorry again.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:48 AM

I'm really sorry dude, but that's not what I'm here to do. I'm here to represent the books and films in a game, and if I have to sacrifice balance a little (or find different way of balancing rather than the most obvious gameplay choice) then so be it. Sorry again.

Nah, it's np man. I realize that I am trying to turn TEA into the next 1.04 where .03's flaws will be fixed, but this is a mod and I should stop. :blush:

#72 Lalmanegro

Lalmanegro
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  •  Couch Potatoe

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:30 AM

On the whole Gimli/AotD/Asfaloth thing...i dont give a dam

I just wanted to mention a glitch i found (i dont know if its been stated or not) but Glorfindels Power (where he lights up and scares away enemies) is really glitchy when he's mounted. Look closely into the light and you will see what looks like a "special" kid chasing a cat. His arms go crazy and he runs on ground at the same speed he is on his horse. No problems with the power though
Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

If you read the README that came with the download, you'll see a list of known bugs.

This one is among them.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#74 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:31 PM

this is a known glitch as Matias has said. Cel has said he is going to remove the power FROM HORSEBACK. just dont want somone quoting me wrong on this ^_^
Posted Image

#75 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:04 AM

Adummy maybe you know which power Celeglin is going to give Glorfindel in case of removing this fear ability from horseback, because it would make Glorfindel much weaker - this ability saved my Glorf many times when he accidentaly ran into pikes or too big group of enemies.

#76 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:17 PM

IMO, he would really need it more on horseback...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#77 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

I might just end up completely redoing the Revealed in Wrath FX so that they don't cause this... They won't look nearly as cool, but what the heck.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:48 AM

It's a shame that, but I do find that ability extremely useful on horseback (as I mostly use him from horseback anyway).
Posted Image

#79 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

So maybe use other "fear" animations when Glorfindel is mouted, and other on foot? Is it possible?

Edited by swan, 15 January 2007 - 01:54 PM.

#80 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

I might just end up completely redoing the Revealed in Wrath FX so that they don't cause this... They won't look nearly as cool, but what the heck.

guys, read what cel put first. he might just redo the FX so it doesnt cause it. stop suggesting to keep it when he might keep it anyway ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users