-mymod problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:28 PM

I have a problem with the -mymod command. I have created a a second shortcut for BFME2 ROTWK, this shortcut has this in it

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mymod C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\Mymod

as you can see i have added

-mymod C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\Mymod

to the end of the line. When i run this shortcut it uses just

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe"

and not the -mymod part. Does anyone know the soulution to this problem. If you want to know what is in

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\Mymod

there is only the extracted INI file that has been edited to let the elves have one more hero. WHen i loaded it up he could not be recruited so i thought that i mmight have done something wrong so i decided to make the dwarves not playerable but i can still play them so i know that its not using -mymod command.

If anyone knows the problem could they please tell me.

#2 Hard_Sander

Hard_Sander
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

Try putting your MyMod.BIG into: C:\DocumentsandSetting\<username>\ApplicationData\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files. Then change the shortcut directory to:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod MyMod.big.

Only after typing this I see an error in your shortcut name: it is - mod, not - mymod ...

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

Only after typing this I see an error in your shortcut name: it is - mod, not - mymod ...

First i changed it from -mymod to -mod and it still didnt work.

Try putting your MyMod.BIG into: C:\DocumentsandSetting\<username>\ApplicationData\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files. Then change the shortcut directory to:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod MyMod.big.

Then i moved the file and still didnt work :(

2playedit: fixed quote

Edited by 2playgames, 05 January 2007 - 10:50 PM.

#4 Grim

Grim

Mad Axe

• Project Team
  • 537 posts
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:T3A Moderator

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

No, no no!

use that:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\Mymod"

- It's "-mod" not "- mod" nor "-mymod"
- If your path has spaces in it, you HAVE to put quotes around so the system knows it's a full path, and not different commands one after another.
-If you are using a .big file (i don't think so), you have to use:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod mymod.big
And your "mymod.big" HAS to be in the folder Hard sender mentioned.

Edited by Grim, 05 January 2007 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Hard_Sander

Hard_Sander
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:29 PM

:blush: Sorry. It should look into things more before I post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users