• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Darkspleen

Darkspleen
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  •  Legacy Fan

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:51 AM

The thing you have to remember is graphics and controls and other things like that take so much room, so lets just say that the graphics for a game took up 1g (doubt it'd be that high but who knows with the newer systems?) So right there you only have 4g on a dvd for everything else, and with multiple disks, you'd still have to use that same amount of room on each disk, so if your game required 5 dvds, you'd lose 5g, while with a blu-ray, you'd only need 1 disk, so you'd only lose 1g of memory.

#42 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:08 AM

Revan here, in sch so i cant log in. (forgot password lol)

Anyway, from a production point of view, the blu-ray's space would be prefered by developers. Even if we gamers dont care about it one way or another, developers like to have everything on one disc. It means that they dont have to duplicate the same graphics resources onto different discs and stuff. It also means that they have to work such that they make content on each disc as different as possible so little repeat resources are used. With one disc games, its one less thing they have to worry about with the myriad problems of making a game.

Btw, i noe from my frens in my guild on swg that best buy often has about 1 or 2 returns for 360s per DAY even now. And even those which worked for like 5-10months just gave out for no apparent reason. I wasnt really concerned about this until peter moore from microS slamed ps3 in a recent statement, saying the online service sucked and that ps3 encountered hardware problems at launch. Im not particularly agaisnt 360, but im really agaisnt guys from micro like this who shoot their hypocritical mouths off like 5-yr olds. They seem to forget they had more major hardware problems. And that their Live service isnt free while PSN is, what would you expect? Less 360s sold in japan in one yr than either wiis or ps3s in 2 weeks. Shortages abound at 360 launch. And the best part is that moore scoffs at the ps3's production rate when its already overtaken ps2,ps xbox 1 records for a million sold in NAmerica in the shortest amount of time

Another thing in particular is that the guy and soemtimes microsoft in general act like NA is the whole world, which irks me alot.

#43 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:31 AM

Exactly my point, how dare they even atempt to make me work in any fashion while playing my video games. ;)

Just throwing out some things for you, not trying to go against you, I'm just playing devils advocate.

Ok my turn, on the other side of the wheel if a game comes out for both systems PS3 would be 1 disk and 360 would be like 4 disk(give or take). I have no problem with that and your right multiple disks arn't bad, BUT what if PS3 has a multi disk game think about for every disk thats 4 disk for 360. This is where I beleive the differnce will be and if there is ever a 3 disk PS3 game, size wise its so far beyond any other system.(no one would play a 15 disk game for 360)

Now I have NOTHING against 360, my friend has it and I love it. But the PS3 to me seems to have the most potential, It all depends on if they use its potential to its fullest.

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#44 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:06 AM

Wii has the most potential as it appeals to non-hardcore gamers and hardcore gamers.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#45 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

I agree with those points, except for one small one. That whole '1gig graphics' one, though a valid point, it is very doubtful it will get to that. With the 360 having an HDD, they would possibly go so far as to rip some of that data onto the 360, storing it in the space where all the game information goes, once Microsoft gets off its high horse in terms of not letting developers require an HDD for their games. In fact, due to the HDD in the PS3, Sony could do that if they wanted to, because they made no such statement. But, nowadays, there are no true 'epic' games that require more than one disc, with the exception of the Final Fantasy series. And they usually have more discs because they get too lazy around the 'constriction phase' and leave all the in-game cutscenes at their normal size. And, for some reason I think that the uber-large game you're prophesizing will be in the FF series, those lazy bastards always trying to ruin my arguments *shakes fist at Square-Enix*. Good gaming related chat. I know I may have contradicted myself somewhere in that, but I have an out, as I've been sick for the past few days. ;)

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#46 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:12 PM

Wii has the most potential as it appeals to non-hardcore gamers and hardcore gamers.

Technicly then the wii has the most "apeal" of all the systems, as far as potential I would say it has the least because of hardware limitaions.

Posted Image

#47 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

lol this topic started out talking about a Gundam game for the PS3 and changed to a discussion about consoles.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#48 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

oh, you meant like graphics wise and that eh finite?

sorry, I thought you meant sales wise and so on.

Posted Image

#49 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

Indeed I am still amazed at Nintendo's marketing abillities, take the wii (a system that barely deserves the name next gen) and they have turned it into the "cool" system to have.

Posted Image

#50 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

it's probably because it's reinvented itself while the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are just doing the same old stuff over again.

I can't stress how fun LoZ: Twilight Princess is with the Wii-Remote and Nun-chuck.

I mean to do fishing you actually gotta flick the wii-remote forward like you would with a real rod then do the circular motion with the nunchuck exactly how you would when reeling in a fish.

plus the whole slashing with the wii-remote to make link slash is just so cool.

Posted Image

#51 Darkspleen

Darkspleen
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  •  Legacy Fan

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

Yea well, I found the slashing part boring after hour 2, and I bet if I had to try the fishing part more than 3 times, I'd have hated it, but it sure was funny the first time I did it!

#52 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:26 AM

really? I still find it awesome.

alot more satisfying then pressing A or B.

Posted Image

#53 Darkspleen

Darkspleen
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  •  Legacy Fan

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:26 AM

I bet thats because I just grew up with the whole A B button thing but poeple who are new to gaming will love it.

#54 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:40 AM

I grew up with A + B aswell.

I guess it comes down to taste/willingness to change.

you also twirl the nunchuck to do a spin, jab the nunchuck forward to do a shield bash and then various other things.

Posted Image

#55 Darkspleen

Darkspleen
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  •  Legacy Fan

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:39 AM

Its cool and all, put when playing the game, I had the impulse to swing the controller like I would a real sword, which (I think this is the game's fault) was less effective then making minor wrist movements.

#56 Strike FreedomX

Strike FreedomX
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

Just as a side note here, don't buy the 360 fan attachment, it fucks more 360s up than it actually helps.
...and just to throw my opinion in here, so far the PS3 has nothing I want to play except Resistance: Fall of Man, and that doesn't even look that great. As for the Wii the only games I want are LOZ:TP and SSB:B and I don't want to spend $250+ games when I can spend it on 360 games I can thoroughly enjoy, Ex. Crackdown, Mass Effect, Mobile Ops, Halo 3, The Darkness, BioShock, and do I really need to go on?

Also here is what Ol' Bill has to say about the other consoles.
http://www.xbox360fa...hics-advantage/

Edited by Strike FreedomX, 12 January 2007 - 03:46 AM.

#57 eviltiki100

eviltiki100
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

Ya right now the 360 is really the only console with a very solid base of games... I mean RS:V, Dead Rising, GOW, GRAW, Lost Planet... Personally I would have bought the 360 even if it only had Dead Rising hah.

But anyways I think that any retail Gundam game will be crap unless the makers of ZOE2 make it. In every Gundam game I have played the gundams are slow and clunky... which isn't all that fun, especially when in the animes they are zipping around everywhere. This one probably won't be any different... but hopefully I am wrong.

#58 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:30 AM

But just because a console doesnt have solid base of games now doesnt mean that you should just buy the other instead. Unless gaming is just a quick fix for you or something. For me its something part of my lifestyle lol. So ps3 and wii for me still.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#59 Guest_XNixonL_*

Guest_XNixonL_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:53 AM

Whoa Whoa Hold on aminute, since when were 60GB ps3 $600? I live in Canada and i got my 60GB for 400 at launch, and it came with resistance and 4 controllers!

Oh yeah ARMORED CORE 4 is Awesome! My parents think its a carbon copy of gundam :)

Anyways, i got a 360 and a ps3 now, and i think that ps3 is a bit better, because i can play movies and stuff, and Talladega Nights is funny as hell.

P.S. Did you know that when the wonder bread car crashes with that windshield sticker, it flies off or somthin? :lol: :p :p ;)

#60 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:59 AM

and other people in other countries have to pay different amounts of money.

it's $1000 here in Australia for a 60gb PS3, and we don't get the choice to buy the smaller one.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users