40 replies to this topic

#1 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:18 PM

This thread is for reporting bugs found in Release version 2.5, except for internal errors.
Internal errors have their own thread.

#2 adamska

adamska
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

Not so much a bug but an inconsistency that I wish to point out.

In the original RA (with the Aftermath add-on), I distinctly remember the allied's defence turret costing $800. They had bumped up the price from $600, but gave it added firepower. Just something you might want to look into. :p

Aside from that, I'm really enjoying the mod and can definitely say that it is really comming along nicely. Keep up the good work!

#3 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

I've just had a trawl through the mixes and its in a seperate ini for multiplayer only, hence me overlooking it. There's a couple of other changes in that file too.
I'll sort that for R3, cheers.

#4 Tacitus

Tacitus
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:29 PM

Ok, I reinstalled RA2 and got the 1.006 patch for RA2, but when I try to install YR I get a messsage 17% into the install process that it couldn't read "langmd.mix". I've cleaned the cd, but no success. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Tacitus, 09 January 2007 - 02:39 AM.

#5 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:49 PM

Im sure someone else mentioned this before, but i noticed this bug just after you released Version 2.5 (But this was found in version 2).

When you select an enemy to have a random side, ingame it spawned as the Yuri side. All the other sides where fine, but this just cropped up in the game. And i got an IE once they used the genetic mutator :p
Posted Image

#6 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

Noted on Tanya.

I bet you saw some interesting stuff from the 'Yuri' side then :p

#7 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

1) don't choose random until he uses RP or does a tedious fix :p

Edited by Allied General, 07 January 2007 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

Yes i do have to say i did :p Although i won't reveal it to everyone :p

Edit: AG that kinda beats the point of testing out the mod for bugs. You need to test different modes, sides and combinations for a reason :p

Edited by Xeno, 07 January 2007 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

There's actually another way to see what you saw anyway, gufu on PPM worked it out :p

How do I multiplayer disable a house using RP then?
It might not matter because it should be a playable house in R3 anyway, just for a laugh.

#10 orald

orald
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

Only tested it once so far just after d\l, didn't have RP but it worked fine I think.

I love the new strafing between shots the heli's do(though looks really wierd with their speed on the RA2 engin), AA might be less effective as you've said, but it was hard to see because the AI didn't actually build any SAM sites(me as Germany vs 3 Russia AI's) on the map I played(Tsunami, great map for naval combat checking), maybe just a glitch for the first time I played.
They still build a mig or 2 but not using them nor hinds(in the future I hope you make them harass me repeatedly like those RA2 allied dogs with their harriers :D ).

I'd really love to see the AI start using more advanced naval units like missile sub\cruiser.

The soviets built some advanced power plants, though mostly normals.

That's about it so far. I've d\l the RP and will check later.

#11 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

Only critical thing with not using RP is you'll have an internal error if you deploy the MAD Tank.
i've updated the website news post with some info on what features need RP and what happens if you don't have it.

I think the heli's are broken now tbh, they take too long between shots so they don't do any damage. I sent 4 against a power plant and by the time they'd got back to base the power plant was repaired, it should have been in pieces.

They did use Migs and some stage, I might have broken it somehow. Allies seem to build one Longbow and harass me with it but thats about all I've seen.

Theoretically the AI should use the Missile Sub and Cruiser because they used Drednaughts and Carriers (Sub is [DRED], Cruiser is [CARRIER]. I've yet to see it but to be honest I don't play that much for playing's sake, i'm usually testing stuff I've just added.
I might have been overzealous when I was getting rid of the RA2 stuff from AIMD.
AI needs an overhaul anyway, I'm not sure I can totally get my head around how it all works though.

#12 orald

orald
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:28 PM

When you turn around for the AI you'd better do a little enhancing.
Normally soviets attack with a dred' every few sub task forces(1 dred, 2 sea scorpion and 1 squid) from what I've seen. Allies rarely if ever use carrier unless you have an AI mod. Usually destroyers and some dolphins, maybe an aegis once in a while near their naval yard.

Oh, btw, I forgot to mention the spysat uplink didn't work. It only had a counter like a SW and when it was done I tried clicking on it but nothing happened and it started the countdown again. Maybe that's got to do with the RP as well. I'll check that list of yours now.

EDIT: Yea ok, spysat needs RP on your list.

EDIT2: RP doesn't work for me...stupid law abiding people and all... :/

Edited by orald, 08 January 2007 - 08:04 PM.

#13 Grimhound

Grimhound
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:27 AM

Some errors I've run into in the 2.5 release:

1: When queing up multiple attack dogs from the kennel, it gives you the first, but them proceeds to recredit you for the second as though there was a zoning or build speed error that prevented the unit from being made.

2: Garrisoned units as well as vehicles do not seem to automatically fire at units such as Engineers in a defensive posture occassionally. Has led to some rather sticky situations when a Mammoth Tank lets 3 engineers walk by untouched.
EDIT: This also affects the base defenses themselves. They dont auto-fire at engineers or technicians.

3: Mammoth Tank doesn't seem to be capable of the anti-air capabilities that are kind of a staple to it, hence it gets owned by helicopters, not seeming to be able to fire anti-air.

4: Gunboats have a firing error when targeted at enemy naval yards, and so do not open fire without strenuous attempts to fix.

5: MiGs frequently glitch when attempting to land, leading to have to require them to fly away and come back before they actually land to rearm.

6: MAD Tank occassionally glitches when deployed, doing no damage to surrounding vehicles and disappearing from the map.

7: Requires further testing, but when used in conjunction, Nuke apparently destroys parabombs in mid-drop. Not sure as this has only happened once. Might not actually be a bug.

Note: Other than these, a really great mod. If I run into anything else, I'll be sure to add to this list. ;)

Edited by Grimhound, 10 January 2007 - 01:58 AM.

#14 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

I've got to get ready for uni so I'll look into that lot later, but the one that immediately jumps out at me is number 6.
Of course it doesn't damage surrounding vehicles, M.A.D. Tanks only damamge buildings :p

#15 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:34 AM

Mad tank did more damage to vehicles than buildings...
MTankDistance=20
QuakeUnitDamage=45%
QuakeBuildingDamage=40%
QuakeInfantryDamage=0
QuakeDelay=120
1 sounds like buildtime, if the unit can't leave the building (walled in, other unit not out yet, etc.) it'll cancel the hire.
I don't think 7 is a bug

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#16 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:24 AM

See I thought it did, but every description of it I read said it was buildings only.

#17 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:39 AM

its armor as well :p just not infantry

isn't 3 a glitch as well? the non target aa ...
Posted Image

#18 orald

orald
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:15 PM

I think the only way to fix the Mammoth AA problem is having 3 weapons for it:
1. Cannons for normal AG.
2. AG missiles against infantry(for them you give the range you've given so far).
3. AA missiles with greater range value(I guess whatever you give the rocket soldier's AA weapon).

All that because if you enlarge the range on the current missiles to make up for RA2 using a cone range system you'd end up with AG missiles that shoot across half the screen...which would be a cool new way to kill infantry... :p
But you probably already know that...Just so people stop mentioning again and again how f*cked up the AA missiles on the Mammoth are.

I believe the problem with 7 is that the parabombs are actually "units"(it says "unit lost" every time I drop them), so if it was close to the ground when a big explosion occurs it would "kill" them just like paratroopers.

Another problem is that when a helipad is built and still unoccupied the Mig and Yak become selectable on the build bar, but you can't cancel their building unless you stop it and build a Hind instead(thus filling the helipad slot). I haven't tried looking what happens if you do build a plane on a helipad. This could of course be a bug only for me because I can't use RP(there goes the spysat :( ).

Edited by orald, 10 January 2007 - 12:20 PM.

#19 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:15 PM

Quite...

I'd use a placeholder country for helipads, like kennels.
Why can't you use RP?

Edited by Jeeves, 10 January 2007 - 12:17 PM.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#20 orald

orald
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

Why can't you use RP?

*caugh* RA2:YR legallity problems *cough*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users