#1 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

Battles of Gondor mod leader

• Hosted
  • 976 posts
  • Projects:Battles of Gondor
  •  coder, skinner, mapper, graphics

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

I know what your all thinking, i have a sub forum here, so why am i posting a topic here. Well the reason being, people tend to look at the sub forums here once, then forget to visit them. So they the miss all the news from that mod.

So thats the reason i have made this topic, to try and get some atension back again, as have other mods done before me.
Now enough rambeling, onto the point :D
Posted Image

When i first thought aout doing this mod, i wanted to try and get that old feeling of bfme1 back, that bfme2 lacked. Now i strongly belive that every mod should try to be unique from each other as possible.

Todo this i have,

Removed Dwarves and Goblins,
and split Mordor and Evil Men.
Split Men of the West aka, 3 times.

Posted Image

Splitting men of the west into gondor and rohan is not uncommon. But how about then splitting the gondor faction? This has never been done to my knoledge. I have split Gondor into Minas Tirith and Southern Fiefdoms.

Minas tirith includes units from Minas Tirith and Ithlien. They are a balenced side, with some units under every catagrey. Their horde sizes have been ajusted.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Southern Fiedoms, are all the great citys of southern Gondor, including Dol Amroth, Morthond, Pinnath Gelin, Anthlas ect. They have lots of strong infantry, along with some limited, but strong cavalry.

Posted Image
Posted Image

By splitting Mordor up i hoped to create some unique strategy for them. For example, in bfme1, the great thing about mordor was being ale to spam orcs. Well without harad or rhun units, i have given mordor more orc units for selection. They are now all about numbers, so when fighting mordor, you can expect to see huge amounts of orcs, backed up by trolls. They have orcs of the red eye for early gameplay, and orcs of minas morgul for late.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Evil Men are more about ambushes, and well thought out attacks. They have plenty of infantry, and some nice cavalry units to go along side. As well as the mumakil for siege.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Isengard also has some nice aditions, they are no longer simply uruks. They have new wild men units and orcs for early gameplay. All the uruks are now a mid - late unit.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Elves have been left in the game, sine the fellowship came from rivendel, and passed through lothlorien. Also, in the films, lothlorien sent some elves to help defend helms deep.
The mirkwood units have been removed and replaced with some new rivendel units, and lothloien units.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lastly Rohan. Rohan is now a huge cavalry faction. They have plenty of diferent types, which are made for diferent counters. They also have some infantry support.

Posted Image

the screen shots above, may be old, so they may of been updated since they were taken.

Once all the factions are done, which wont be long, i will move onto war of the ring mode, then make a enw campiagn, based on the war in the south.

There are also plenty of new maps for skirmish mode, including, Haradwaith, Edoras, East Emnet, Osgiliath (new) and alot more.

The mod has had several early releases to public. The latest one was for bfme2, it only contains evil mena dn isengard, in a early state. But it gives you a taster.

The next public beta is for rotwk, and will contain 3 - 4 factions. Im releasing one faction at a time, since im making so many changes, i dont want to release them early and give people the idea that they are going to be left out of my make over ;).

You can download it at bog's site.

Now the big news for today, is that Battls of Gondor has a site! It still needs abit of work done tot he faction pages, but here it is
http://battlesofgond...e.net/index.htm

thanks to t3a for hosting, and Caluadan for building the site :p.

Now i think thats it. There are 100's of screen shots released, they can all be viewed here,
http://z11.invisionf...php?showforum=2

I have my sub forum here if you wish to comment or ask questions or whatever, there are also the mods official forums and this topic.

I hope the staff dont close or delete this topic, it too me hours to type up :)

LaurEDIT: nah, just fixe two little errors.... belive and the image that didn't show...

Edited by Lauri, 08 January 2007 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#2 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

looks very, very nice. i can't understand why you'd delete dwarves to replace them with gondor part 2, but Rohan & Evil men are definitely better than angmar & goblins

i like how your south-gondor buildings have some elvish influence

no, i will not delete this, and probably nobody will. in the future, you will be able to have a page like this one on the T3A site
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#3 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

Because it's based on the war in the south. The elves are only included because the fellowship passed through those lands (hence no Mirkwood)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#4 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

i forgot to mention angmar is removed aswell.

The reason for this is, im trying to keep this mod as bug free as possible, todo this, i wanted to have full faction compatibuility. In other words have what takes game.dat editing. As that is not possible, i decided to use the 3 factions code that had nothing todo with the battles of gondor.

I hope that made some sence :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#5 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:09 PM

yup.... so, for Evil Men, your using the Goblins as the "basic"? like then you can have CaH too them, also for the other new factions?

anyways, Great mod, I'll defentialy follow this one :p I know, I can't spell correct, but still.... :)

and I though about a BFME mod with splitting "Gondor" into 4 factions :D Minas Tirith, Ithillien, Dol Amroth and Arnor.... ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#6 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

what about the rest of gondor?

and yoru not taking my title of worst grammer away :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts
  •  A newbie i am not, yet much to learn i still have

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

got a question do the rohirrim have the horseman shield and it´s respective upgrade??

#8 cloudsprinter

cloudsprinter
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

Looks excellent. I'll bet it plays excellent too. I learned everything I know about ini.coding (this much <---->) from all the posters in this thread. Kudos to you and keep up the outstanding work.

#9 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:03 PM

oh and btw, your soo going to make me play RotWK again when you release this! ;) :D :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#10 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

what about the rest of gondor?

and yoru not taking my title of worst grammer away :D

yes horse shields are back for gondor knights and rohirrim.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

done Tom :?: or SS :p

if you want to ask a question, PM Stealth :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#12 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:59 PM

Today i bring an update at last. Its all been abit of a drag trying to get the version 3.1 beta done.

People requested mollock should have a reskin. Request granted.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ive spent around 6 hours (no kidding) changing the colour theme. Its getting there, but ignore the text colour for now. As i hope to change that.
Also, i will be getting rid of the rotwk style spikes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

remember, not done yet ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:34 PM

That Mollock reskin looks really neat! And how do you create a new Menu pic like that? I'd like do do one for my mod too.

#14 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

Nice, the new palantir scheme goes insanely well with the terrain in that map ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#15 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

That Mollock reskin looks really neat! And how do you create a new Menu pic like that? I'd like do do one for my mod too.

in one of the texture files there is a file called installload edit it as you wish, and place it in the "in" folder of your art folder.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

Nice show Tom :dry:

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

Mr Tom! Might I ask where you got that wonderful skin for your Rohirrim? They look great! (Saw at your site)... and also - the nice Uruk horde of mixed units... :dry: Did you or your team make them all, or were they donated to BoG? *curious*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#18 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

well.... Tom's no modeler ;) so... read the site :dry: it's in the credits, or somewhere :p

QUICKY: and can't you change your name back? :D it's hard with StealthSnake, cause I don't wanna use SS either... (nazi reasons)

Edited by Lauri, 15 January 2007 - 09:08 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#19 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:21 PM

nah i like my new name, Tom8778 was just stupid :dry:

and i made the rohirrim skins nazgul.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

Congratulations Tom! ;) just change it to Tom then :dry: btw, I never lied either... I said Tom was no modeler, but you can skin :p or have you learned to model too? Ôo Also, First I had Ville768, then Ville, and now Lauri.. almost got in to Valo, but now I do want me Ville back :D

Edited by Lauri, 15 January 2007 - 09:30 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users