what story is the campaign gonna be based on

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#1 haydnthegrey

haydnthegrey
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

is it just going to be the same as the origanal one but with new maps andactions, whole new story or just the same but with wars in the north battles aswell

discus away :D
Posted Image

#2 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

The staff haven't got any plans to release a campaign

#3 ZarK32

ZarK32
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:45 PM

what about instead of a full campaing an extended one like the one on the Elven Alliance (new content on the already existing campaing missions)

it would work for a first release (a full campaing can be made later if the team wants to)

what do you think?

Edited by ZarK32, 09 January 2007 - 02:34 AM.

#4 kennethain

kennethain

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

• Project Team
  • 158 posts
  • Projects:life.
  •  RA beta rabble

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

what about instead of a full campaing and extended one like the one on the Elven Alliance (new content on the already existing campaing missions)

it would work for a first release (a full campaing can be made later if the team wants to)

what do you think?

I think that they are planning on just getting the mod done first. If they feel like it then, I think they might make a campaign. But for right now, i think they are just concentrating on the huge plate in front of them.
the dude abides.

#5 Guest_Guest_Sice_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sice_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:12 AM

Will it take alot of work to add the new content to the old campaign? (staff please :p )

#6 Núkumnëhtar

Núkumnëhtar

Humbled Warrior

• Project Team
  • 342 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance, Celeglin's Elven Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member; Coder/Audio Editor/Novice Mapper/Rare-time-skinner

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:58 AM

Will it take alot of work to add the new content to the old campaign? (staff please :p )

To do so one must make a new map/edit the old maps to add in the new content into campaign maps and code. Once the art assets are finished being coded they do become easier to code in the campaign maps when factions are finished then making them along with the assests and codes.

Edited by Núkumnëhtar, 09 January 2007 - 04:58 AM.

Posted Image

#7 haydnthegrey

haydnthegrey
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

The staff haven't got any plans to release a campaign

i did know this i was talking to celelin on mIRC but i just wanted a dissusion on ifthey where to do something to the campagin how would they add the new factions to it , elves are easy but try add dwarves into the campagin would be hard as it is based on the movie and there are no dwarves in the movie except gimli

Edited by haydnthegrey, 09 January 2007 - 04:44 PM.

Posted Image

#8 ZarK32

ZarK32
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

then you simple don't put dwarves (to put dwarves we need a new campaing based on the war of the south and that would require a lot of work)

or you could make a battle in moria (but I don't think that's a good idea)

#9 haydnthegrey

haydnthegrey
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

i have to admitit would be hard trying to add them into the campaign
Posted Image

#10 ZarK32

ZarK32
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

add the elves would be hard too apart for the battle of hemls deep and lothlorien there are no more elves (but if you read the books there aren't any elf on helms deep)

#11 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

A) This mod is based off the books with art (and certain concepts) based on the movies.

B) The Dwarves of Erebor (and the Men of Dale) were beseiged by Easterlings at the Lonely Mountain at the climax of the War of the Ring.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

Celeglin has changed bits of the campaign, yes, but his mod is very different. RA will have a hell of a lot of units to put in and they may have to muck about with mini-faction plots.
Posted Image

#13 ZarK32

ZarK32
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

well if there isn't going to be a campaing (at least not in the first release)

at least are you going to put new maps? maybe a minas tirih or a helms deep map (it would be really fun to play those with the new units)

#14 Witch King of Angmar

Witch King of Angmar
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

I'm expecting that they will release the mod, then a campaign add-on later if they feel like it. I'm sure the staff have mentioned that before.

#15 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:03 PM

me want's 4 releases..... atleast ;)

1. The mod itself... no need to have new maps, but could have northern maps
2. The fixed.... aka, bug fixer and stuff... I'm pretty sure that a mod as big as this is meant to have atleast some bugs... everyone has that, even EA had that :)
3. Additional stuff, that might've been suggested and agreed by the staff, and of course, more balancing work, as the other should have too..
4. The "real" deal.... with many more maps and stuff, and maybe a campaing... but of course, adding a campaing is probably alot of work, so move that to a nr 5 for my part... RA's intention wasn't to make AI anyways?

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#16 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:07 PM

RA's intention wasn't to make AI anyways?

Wouldn't be too very sure of that.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#17 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

But if they weren't gonna make AI, how would you have a Skirmish? It would be impossible to have a game since all the factions are gonna be changed.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#18 kennethain

kennethain

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

• Project Team
  • 158 posts
  • Projects:life.
  •  RA beta rabble

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:02 AM

But if they weren't gonna make AI, how would you have a Skirmish? It would be impossible to have a game since all the factions are gonna be changed.

I don't think we need to worry about it. I'm pretty sure that Dain said somewhere on the old forums that they will include AI. I don't see them putting so much effort into this and then not bothering with any AI at all. If they didn't, everything would have to be played online... which is fun, but not always easy to find an opponent.

PS- it's campaiGN. not campaing. Sorry, I'm a stickler for spelling.
the dude abides.

#19 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

so, on the campaign.....

anyways, AI can be boring, and dull, and fun... still, Online gaming is more fun, so if they make it AI-able, I would like a non-AI version if it comes out earlier :D also, damn firewall :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#20 olorum

olorum
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

could the campaign missions from the bfme2 game be integrated to the bfme1 missions? I would love to play a rivendell mission with all the different units. I heard something about integration from the two being possible somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users