Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,688 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

You mean taking missions from BFMEII and put em in RA?

That backward engineering, and illegal. We wouldnt do that even if it were legal.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#22 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

We wouldnt do that even if it were legal.

it would be rather then stupid. campaing from BFME2 suck as it is.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts
  • Projects:'The 4th Age' and 'Shadow and Flame'
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

man, I just hate it when BFME2 players want's BFME2 stuff into the mod.... gah, why? whyy?? okay then, but still, it's not possible... the whole mapthingy is changed I think, for the better in BFME2...

Shadow and Flame BETA 0.6 RELEASED - Link

#24 olorum

olorum
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:02 AM

oh, sorry, I didnt know it was illegal. yeah, I have to agree the missions from bfme2 do suck, it was just a thought. I was just thinkin maybe taking the maps and changing them to bfme1 format, I hate bfme2 format. thats why I am going to just love this mod. sorry.

Edited by olorum, 11 January 2007 - 05:05 AM.

#25 Dre@mer

Dre@mer

Maker of the Rise of Sauron mod

• Hosted
  • 475 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Sauron mod, RJ ROTWK
  •  Mapper, scripter, video maker.

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

could the campaign missions from the bfme2 game be integrated to the bfme1 missions? I would love to play a rivendell mission with all the different units. I heard something about integration from the two being possible somewhere.

That would be difficult (more than it sounds) and pointless. ROTWK's campaign maps wasn't that bad tho (in fact EA surprised me with their quality ;) ) and maybe RA mappers can find some inspiration here...

#26 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:21 PM

If we had mappers, I'd trust them to find their own inspiration and not rely on someone elses fairly flawed interpretation of Middle Earth

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#27 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

how will minfactions be incorporated in the campaign
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#28 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:35 AM

That all depends if there's gonna be any work done on the campaign.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#29 theryo

theryo
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

Heck, if you wanted you could do an alternate history thingie and just do whatever.

#30 Knights_of_Dol_Amroth

Knights_of_Dol_Amroth
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

Firstly, if we are such lovers and sticklers for the books, why would the modders make an alternate history story, just for the campaign? And BFME2 isn't as good as BFME, the only three things, that I really like about it (even though I still don't have it) are custom fortresses, navies, and the custom created heros.

Edited by Knights_of_Dol_Amroth, 21 January 2007 - 06:08 PM.

"Arise! Arise riders of Theoden! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day! A red day! As the Sun rises!
Ride Now! Ride Now! Ride! Ride to ruin! And the world's ending! Death!(Death!) Death!(Death)Death!(DEATH!)."
-King Theoden
Posted Image
Posted Image
"You can't kill the Messiah!"
-Kane
Posted Image
Leon-"Think you can handle this many?"
Cloud-"Well, it'l be tough if one more shows up."
Leon-"Then that'll have to be the one I take care of."
Cloud-"What, you're fighting too?"

#31 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

I guess RA could make a campaign on the important battles during the war of the ring. It would include Dale and Erebor, Helms Deep, Minas Tirith, Pelennor Fields, Black Gate etc. This would skip all those missions on the original BFME campaign that were almost identical to each other.
Posted Image

#32 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

Those maps may have been identical but they are very useful in building up an army, buying upgrades and levelling up.
Posted Image

#33 Knights_of_Dol_Amroth

Knights_of_Dol_Amroth
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:10 PM

Maybe so, but most of the time when fighting in the large fortress maps and defending them. The army you are playing as isn't the army you just spend 5 hours building. The only exception is Minas Tirith.
"Arise! Arise riders of Theoden! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day! A red day! As the Sun rises!
Ride Now! Ride Now! Ride! Ride to ruin! And the world's ending! Death!(Death!) Death!(Death)Death!(DEATH!)."
-King Theoden
Posted Image
Posted Image
"You can't kill the Messiah!"
-Kane
Posted Image
Leon-"Think you can handle this many?"
Cloud-"Well, it'l be tough if one more shows up."
Leon-"Then that'll have to be the one I take care of."
Cloud-"What, you're fighting too?"

#34 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:51 PM

could the campaign missions from the bfme2 game be integrated to the bfme1 missions? I would love to play a rivendell mission with all the different units. I heard something about integration from the two being possible somewhere.

I hope so too, I would love to play the two campaigns in the North but there is no goblin faction to fight out in the good campaign, and also the Goblins play a key role in the Northern campaigns. Except if youve seen strongold maps like Rivendell and Erebor, you'd realize that they have no mountable walls, only weakspots to protect. By the way if you remember where you read this then tell me.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#35 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

Firstly, if we are such lovers and sticklers for the books, why would the modders make an alternate history story, just for the campaign? And BFME2 isn't as good as BFME, the only three things, that I really like about it (even though I still don't have it) are custom fortresses, navies, and the custom created heros.

If u want the game to be loyal to the book, then the Evil side's objective is to lose then.
Posted Image

#36 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

However in the books we can see what the FOD wanted to do, so its not like its being made up.

And as said, BFME2 cant be in for legal reasons. However I'm sure the staff will try to make an extended campaign in a later release that will include some of the notable seiges.

BTW, can staff correct the spelling in the thread name, its annoying me :huh:

Edited by mh_gollum, 23 January 2007 - 10:31 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:07 AM

If u want the game to be loyal to the book, then the Evil side's objective is to lose then.

Yeah well, think about this: what if the forces at Cirith Ungol (say Shagrat, for example) took the ring from Frodo? Then the FOL would be majorly screwed. There was alwasy a possibility that Sauron would triumph, quite a big one in fact, but still in the end he didn't. So, (in the campaign) after the ring has been captured at Cirith Ungol, Sauron should get the upper hand and march on Minas Tirith without fear or doubt (that is, if Frodo's death is still in the Evil campaign ;)). And just to close the statement, most of the Evil campaign was based on the notion of (and I quote Celeglin :p) "what if?".

Edited by Olorin, 24 January 2007 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#38 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:21 AM

That all depends if there's gonna be any work done on the campaign.

If they do incorporate the minifactions into the campaign, it would be exellent. For example the orcs of Minas Morgul and Gothmog could make their appearence at Minas Tirith, and heroes like the Mouth of Sauron and Mollock would appear at the Black Gate and soo on. So basically the camapign would become more authentic and interesting if the Modders did some work on it.

And I agree with Orolin's previous statement.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Edited by Uruk King, 24 January 2007 - 04:40 PM.

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#39 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, I would actually want to play as Evil :p.

#40 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

This is a big "IF" question. IF the Staff were to make a FOL campaign with the help of enough mappers, would they start in Moria like the original game did, or would they want to take it from The Shire? They could always raise the amount of EXP needed so Heroes aren't uber by the time they get to the original campaign's start point. Also, I'd hope that they'd go for a lot less of the "just destroy the enemy's base"-style missions, and make them have more of a task.

This is how I think it could go:

The Old Forest ~
Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin are hiding from the Nazgul and they have to run through the old forest, attack some stray wolves and get to Buckleberry Ferry. Once you get all four Hobbits onto the ferry, the level is over (if any of the Hobbits die, the mission has failed).

Weathertop ~ (Gandalf did get attacked here didn't he? I read somewhere that he did...)
You start off as Gandalf, and as you walk onto Weathertop you're pounced on by two Nazgul. After you 'kill' them, he either runs off or disappears in a flash of light.

[Enter the Hobbits and Aragorn]

Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin and (should he be named "Aragorn" or "Strider" for this mission?) have to cut through wolves to get to Weathertop and once they do, they are attacked by waves of Nazgul. First, only two Nazgul attack the party and you have to fend them off. (Could it be possible to give Strider a torch for this mission and have him deal fire damage? And when the Nazgul 'die' they burst into flame and run away? Or would that be too much work for just one level?) Then, three more Nazgul attack you. This time, they all go after Frodo and when his health turns red he puts on The One Ring and is unusable for the rest of the mission. You must kill the remaining Nazgul before they kill Frodo, and when you do the level ends.

(I'm not too sure what this should be called. Trollshaw? Flight To The Ford? The Ford?) ~
Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin are in the Trollshaws. A timer comes up saying "you have 10 seconds to use Athelas" as Frodo is on the tinyest bit of health. Once you heal him, you get attacked by a few things? (Are there Trolls in the Trollshaws?) Once you have killed those, Glorfindel rides in with a bright white aura. There's a cutscene where Frodo mounts Asfaloth, and then a timer pops up saying "you have X amount of time to get Frodo to the Ford" and there's a beacon thing on the mini-map where the Ford is. Then, when you get out of Trollshaw, and then you get attacked by some (or all) of the Nazgul. Maybe you could run over some wolves or whatever to pick up extra points? You could even try and take down a Nazgul or two, and then run off to the Ford, but be careful because of the time limit. Once at the Ford, there's a cutscene of the Bruinen rising up and washing the Nazgul away?

Moria ~
There's a cutscene where the Fellowship get to the Gate of Moria, and then the Watcher attacks (Or is that too much work for just one level?) Kill that and the Gate opens. Step in, and run through the Halls of Moria, slay a few goblins here and there, get a few chests of money/level up chests, kill some more goblins and get to Balin's tomb. Cutscene of the doors breaking down and the goblins coming in. Kill so many goblins and then a Troll comes in. Kill all of those and then go out of the room, up to Dwarrowdelf and get surrounded by goblins, kills some of them, and then a cutscene of the goblins running away and the fiery-light of the Balrog in the background. Run to the stairs, kill some goblins on the side ledges, run to the bottom, then through the corridor where the Balrog is. Cutscene of the Balrog chasing the Fellowship to the bridge. You can only use Gandalf to kill the Balrog. Once you've got him to really low health, use Word of Power to smite the bridge. Cutscene of them falling into nothingness. (Are those cutscenes even do-able? Would they be too much work for just one level?)

They are my ideas of where the compaign could start (but they've probably already been mentioned on the old forums). I don't know what happens chronologically with Mirkwood or the rest of Rhovanion, so I won't bother thinking of those missions. But, it would be cool if there was multiple parts of Mirkwood: "Southern Mirkwood", "Mountains of Mirkwood", "Halls of Thranduil", "Old Wooded Road", "Northern Mirkwood"?

I'm not demanding anything, they're just ideas. And this is a "What if" idea, to go with the hopes of getting more mappers. *Dodges the Red Axe* ... I know how much Dain hates idea guys ...

Edited by Azrael, 24 January 2007 - 05:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users