what story is the campaign gonna be based on

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#41 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:48 PM

Sorry I just had to comment on your Old Forest mission. What you're saying, is that the hobbits run through the old forest, then turn around, go back and cross the Ferry back to the Shire? :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#42 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

On your Hobbit missions Azreal, my comment on them is this: It's not a good idea because there were no enemies in either of those missions; only the Nazgul, the point whe the fellowship was in danger was when they reached Moria; and the Moria mission is already in the campaign, besides have you any idea how boring these missions would be?? if your idea was taken in, I can understand your trying to help but there's just no strategy or sophistication in it, you're just trying to run away, and it feels really 6 year old and silly. But I like your ideas of different Mirkwood maps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#43 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

i dont see the need to start before Moria. All the missions before have no need and it could cause some leveling probelms for heroes and power point problems as well :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#44 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

The only maps that should be added are the Rhovanian ones plus other special ones like Dol Amroth and Minas Morgul, if people map them (well, I have a copy of DA which could be used)
Posted Image

#45 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:30 PM

@ Zimmo:
XD I didn't realise. I was just going by the movie lay-out. (I thought the road the were on was the Old Wooded Road.)

@ Uruk King:
That's why I said throw in the wolves. Everyone likes killing wolves *shifty eyes* I, personally, wouldn't find them THAT boring. Meh, I suppose there isn't much strategy, but then again, it could be an easier way to break people into the Mod. I know Moria is already a level in the game but ... I hate the lay-out of that level so much >_< These are all just ideas to get discussion going. They're not to be taken literally.

Hmmm, I'm sure SOME strategy and interest could be put into those beginning missions... Hmmm...

Trollshaws ~
The party (minus Frodo) must find 3 Athelas plants for Strider to use his "Athelas" power. But, each Athelas is guarded by a troll and some wolves. You have 2 minutes to get the Athelas and heal Frodo. Once he's been healed, a few trolls attack the party and you must protect all the characters so none of them die. Cutscene: Glorfindel rides through in a white aura and attacks a group of trolls with his L££t $kiLLz. Use him to finish off the rest of the trolls. Cutscene: Frodo mounts Asfaloth and they ride off, only to get chased by the Nine. (I think the Rhun and Dol-Guldur Nazgul get a Horse-Mounted ability, so wouldn't it be harder if these Nazgul were actually using their special abilities against you? And you have to outrun them and stay alive?) Run over some wolves on the way, maybe pick up a chest or two (extra points for getting these things?) and then make it to the Ford alive. Once you get to the Ford, a cutscene plays and the Bruinen rises up and sweeps them away.

MEANWHILE:
While you're guiding Glorfindel and Frodo to safety, Strider, Sam, Merry and Pippin get attacked a few times by either Trolls or wolves, and you have to keep them alive as well as Glorfindel and Frodo.

Does that sound better? I think it sounds more strategic :thumbsupsmiley: (Would the three-Athelas-needed-for-the-power-"Athelas" even be codable?)

#46 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

Yes it is. But I still think Moria is fine as a breaking-in mission. Also, its the Rhovanion Alliance, so lets focus on making the maps for the Elven and Dwarven realms instead.
Posted Image

#47 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

*grumble-grumble*

Anywho, mh_gollum, hows your Vales Of Anduin map going? It looks very good :thumbsupsmiley: I wish I could see Radagast and the Beornings on it, but oh well :( Are you using a make-shift Gandalf instead?

Are indoor maps harder to do? I was thinking: would Erebor, Thranduil's Halls and even the Ered Luin be indoor? Or would they suffice as outdoor?

If the campaign was to follow the whole of the War of the Ring, how many missions would be be expecting? :p 20-30? I'm guessing the last mission would be Dol Guldur. I still wish Galadriel was in the mod, then she could throw down the walls :(

#48 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:05 PM

Havent done anymore yet, as I have been converting other maps (Minas Tirith, Helms Deep, Dol Amroth, Edoras, Isengard). Radagast wont feature as he is a hero in the game, so it will be his house that has an eagle flying overhead and all sorts of animals around. Most of the texturing is done, I need to work on props, buildings and filling up all the empty space.

Indoor maps cant be done in BFME1, however I'm sure they can be done without without roofs.

I have just downloaded every Rhovanion themed map from MEVault and will see which ones are worthy and adjust any that arent quite there.
Posted Image

#49 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

Yes I agree that the Moria mission layout is kinda crap but what's done is done. the best way you could add strategy to those missions is to add some more moria orcs accompanied by wargs and trolls, give the Nazgul a retinue and increase the number of goblins in Moria

Posted Image

#50 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:14 AM

(I'm not too sure what this should be called. Trollshaw? Flight To The Ford? The Ford?) ~
Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin are in the Trollshaws. A timer comes up saying "you have 10 seconds to use Athelas" as Frodo is on the tinyest bit of health. Once you heal him, you get attacked by a few things? (Are there Trolls in the Trollshaws?) Once you have killed those, Glorfindel rides in with a bright white aura. There's a cutscene where Frodo mounts Asfaloth, and then a timer pops up saying "you have X amount of time to get Frodo to the Ford" and there's a beacon thing on the mini-map where the Ford is. Then, when you get out of Trollshaw, and then you get attacked by some (or all) of the Nazgul. Maybe you could run over some wolves or whatever to pick up extra points? You could even try and take down a Nazgul or two, and then run off to the Ford, but be careful because of the time limit. Once at the Ford, there's a cutscene of the Bruinen rising up and washing the Nazgul away?

I mentioned something VERY similar for Celeglin's mod. You stole my idea! :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#51 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

Did you? I didn't know. Sorry.

#52 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:12 AM

That's fine. :thumbsupsmiley: Anyway, back onto topic.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#53 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

Okay, I know I've asked this before but how do you think minifactions will be incorperated in the campaign [if there is one]
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#54 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts
  • Projects:'The 4th Age' and 'Shadow and Flame'
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

probably as normal skirmish maps will have them :dry:

also, if the mappers can get it working, it could have it like.... if your in Isengard (or around), when your Gondor, you can only choose the Dunedain mini, and if your Rohan, you can choose the... western Rohan thingy :sleep: and if it's a forest map... Lorien or Fangorn, but Gondor has Dunedain or Ithillien...

Edited by Lauri, 28 January 2007 - 10:43 PM.

Shadow and Flame BETA 0.6 RELEASED - Link

#55 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

Or it could end up being that you only get minifaction units from their respective maps and no where else (so no replenishing them if you lose them all at some later point in the campaign).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts
  • Projects:'The 4th Age' and 'Shadow and Flame'
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:23 PM

wich is, IMO, a hell of alot cooler than first thougt....

luckily, this topic isn't official RA, so let us talk, and don't "We might not make a campaing"-us... cause we know that :sleep: RA will be fun as hell even without the campaing :dry:

Shadow and Flame BETA 0.6 RELEASED - Link

#57 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:32 AM

yeah, i like that idea and there could be some maps were you play against or as units from just the minifactions , like moria or isengard with the ents
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#58 Guest_Guest_King Argeleb_*_*

Guest_Guest_King Argeleb_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

I'm new to this idea but all that I've read are good ideas. In my relatively short time I've always wanted to see all 7 levels of Minas Tirith, and the caverns of Helms Deep brought to life in a LoTR game + no offense to anybody who helped design H.D. but the fortress was lacking, for one the walls on Helms Deep[ at least in the movie] were taller and the actual fortress had uniform height[ except for the inner part]. Frankly BfME2 sucked because the walls in skirmish were able to be attacked by anything and in the M.T./ H.D. levels the AI didn't attack the walls which I left wide open

#59 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:29 AM

The 7 levels of Minas Tirith is possible (many people have done it), but the Glittering Caves (I think that's what there called, can't remember) would be nigh impossible. Not very many people can get indoor maps working.
Posted Image

#60 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:08 AM

The 7 levels of Minas Tirith is possible (many people have done it),

Really, I didn't know that. Anyway could you do me a favor? could you find me a screenshot of the 7 level Minas Tirith, cuz i didn't know there was one and I would like to see a screenshot of this interesting map.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users