600 replies to this topic

#61 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:24 AM

Wait, sorry, the map was for B4ME II, though I reckon it could be made for B4ME. Anyway, here's a screenie for ya.
And the link to the map, if you need it: http://mevault.ign.c...2...tail&id=900

Edit: well the screenie ain't working, but there's the link. :)

Edited by Olorin, 01 February 2007 - 06:32 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#62 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:38 AM

Wait, sorry, the map was for B4ME II, though I reckon it could be made for B4ME. Anyway, here's a screenie for ya.
And the link to the map, if you need it: http://mevault.ign.c...2...tail&id=900

Edit: well the screenie ain't working, but there's the link. ;)

I'm impressed! :), Thanks for the screenie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by Uruk King, 01 February 2007 - 06:38 AM.

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#63 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:25 PM

I will be editing my exisiting Minas Tirith map to add plots on the third level however I think to have a 7 (well six with plots) would be very difficult to do, and would be very imbalanced.
Posted Image

#64 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

In what way?
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#65 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:31 AM

the defenders could hold Minas Tirith with diffuculty if units are on the highest level because they could fire at every unit anywhere in the city unless the map was freakishly huge which would cause too much lag, even for the best computers :dry:
Posted Image

#66 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

Basically you end up with lag, a huge amount of building, problems with building stairs and time taken to move about. You'll be happy with the three tier version
Posted Image

#67 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:46 PM

The battle of Slideshow Tirith :dry:. I don't think anybody has ever managed to do a 7 level Minas Tirith ingame anyway, due to lag at awesome levels.

#68 Guest_Guest_King Argeleb_*_*

Guest_Guest_King Argeleb_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, after all 3 levels is better than 2 :) , as long as there aren't two ways to get to one level :p

#69 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

But two levels is still fine. I may add the third if I feel like it. I did have a go but couldnt get units to walk under the mountain arch.
Posted Image

#70 Guest_Guest_King Argeleb_*_*

Guest_Guest_King Argeleb_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:18 AM

As I asked in my previous reply,[now I'm begging] please,please,please make itso there's only one one two the level above

#71 Guest_Guest_King Earnur_*_*

Guest_Guest_King Earnur_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:47 AM

I have a question. are there going to be the super ladders like at the battle of Helms Deep, which will allow you to get to the "keep" faster? That would be really cool, and you would need a ballista to get it up to the wall. They could cost the price of ballista and ladder put together or something. Another question I just thought about, is Grond[if there is one] going to have the " :huh:great beast" :p thing pulling it unlike BfME1 during the siege of Minas Tirith

#72 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:54 AM

To answer your question, there won't be (as far as we know) the super ladder you described, and the Grond won't get pulled by great beasts. They're too big to make it work.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#73 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:36 PM

I've just finished the Good Campaign for BfME2, and the word "sucked" doesn't cover how bad it was. An RA campaign would make me feel all giddy, since I know that the team can deliver QUALITY stuff. Curses to EA! That campaign deviled Tolkien ¬_¬

Things that annoyed me:
- Balrog at Dol-Guldur
- 2 Dragons at Dol-Guldur
- Drogoth in Ered Luin
- Wyrm in "Celduin" and Dol-Guldur (didn't mind the one in Rivendell)
- The missions are way too easy
- Arwen on an Eagle
- Lack of missions
- The Mouth of Sauron outside Mordor
- " just HAPPENS to find a secret entrance to Erebor ¬_¬

*Sigh* If only EA had taken a page out of RA's book and not ravaged Tolkien's lore.

If RA was to make a campaign, how do you reckon they'd split up the story lines? I think there's: The Fellowship, Rohan, Gondor, Dale, Mirkwood and Erebor's storylines to fill in. The campaign would probably be huge ... Although, I wouldn't mind. A game that keeps me playing is good :p

Questions for the staff:
Have you ever thought of any missions for a campaign? What directions would you take the campaign?

(P.S: There's a lot of things people could discuss in this thread, so keep discussing! It doesn't matter if there's no campaign.)

Edited by Azrael, 21 February 2007 - 05:48 PM.

#74 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

campaign isn't top priority really.

We'll need units to act in that campaign first, so we're much better off creating those, getting them on a battlefield for you to have fun with, and then using them in a campaign at a later stage/release.

but I think it's great that you guys are discussing it already, might bring us some ideas to use when we reach that stage.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#75 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

I have a few suggestions for an evil campaign, Moria Goblins and Gundabad orcs decsend from the Mountains and attack the men of the vales of the Anduin and eventually take the anduin and attack the wood elves. Meanwhile the forces Mordor and Rhun, lead by the Nazgul attack the Dwarves and the Men of Dale, and finally succeed in taking Erebor, and thus ending the war in the North.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#76 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:01 AM

What about a Rhovanion Alliance campaign? Is that a possibility.
[as in Erebor, Mirkwood, and Dale, not the Mod itself]

Edited by hdh7, 22 February 2007 - 12:03 AM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#77 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:03 AM

If they could create separate campaigns: a Rhovanion campaign (War in the North), Fellowship campaign (self-explanatory), a Men of the West (excuse the lack of creativity with this name, please!) campaign which would comprise of Gondor and Rohan, an Evil of the East campaign which would comprise of Saurons armies (Evil Men, orcs, trolls, etc.), and finally an Evil Eriador thingy campaign (all of the remnants of the forces of Angmar and Moria, so Goblins, Trolls, etc.). Now if that could be created that should turn into an official game, but it would be extremely hard to do; extremely with a capital Y. :p
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#78 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

Judging from my interface research, we're limited to 2 campaigns.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#79 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:00 AM

I figured that much, yeah. :p But if you guys could do that that would be fantastic, it'll comliment the mod in every way.
Posted Image

#80 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

May as well just have two very large campaigns, rather than splitting them into numerous smaller ones.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users