Photo

What's the best?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: What's the best?

Contra or Remix?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:22 PM

If I'm wrong with the Remix versions, can a Admin or whatever change it? :p
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:24 PM

hmm you havent added the remix3 WIPS :p for alpha testers

i havent played contra 5 yet. i will do, but i prefere remix's escalation system

Edited by olli, 10 January 2007 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

Because it sin't released yet. :D But if you want to send a WIP to me (HINT HINT). :p

Edited by need my speed, 10 January 2007 - 02:24 PM.

Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?

#4 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

ask pend :D not up to me :p
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

well, I am finaly working on it again... my 10 week hiatus is over, so we're back to the forever "any day now" status on a release version.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

YEAH! :p My birthday is at 28 february, so maybe release it at that day, that will be a very nice gift. :D But if it's done before that day, release it before that day, well, just release it when it's done! :)

Edited by need my speed, 10 January 2007 - 03:37 PM.

#7 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

U can't relly mix both remix and contra into the same topic and vote, Both mods altho the same in tiny aspects are completely different aswell in alot of ways.

You can't compaire them.
I refuse to ote because of this lol
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

Pheonix, it would be fair to say Remix3 doesn't belong, as its a whole new mod. But I think comparing Remix2.75 is fair, as it realy is an extension of Contra.03. I voted for Contra.05. Contra.04 included alot of the things that made 2.75 "new" so theres not too much to cling too there.

Perhaps when Remix3 is done we can have an absolute show down vote with all the main "expansion" mods. Contra, Remix, Shockwave, Project Raptor, and Rise of the Reds. But I would want catagories, not just a "best" vote. I think voting for AI, new units, balance, Gameplay, etc would be the best way to do it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:57 PM

remix ftw. i dont think i will try a different mod. i love remix. it has amazing units and upgrades, and the escalation upgrades are unique, and the same with the tech trees. makes it a lot more tactical. the new generals are unique aswell, and the AI is clever and stratigic aswell. i dont think any other mod is better imo, Remix all the way. nice work pend! :blush:
Posted Image

#10 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Projects:Remix alpha testing, V/GO beta testing.
  •  Good

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:15 AM

i vote remix 3 2.08 alpha :blush:

#11 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:HAving fun
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

will the new remix be a .ZIP file thing or rar, if rar can u give me a link to d/l winrar?!?!

#12 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

google Winrar

to play remix (atm) you need to have winrar, and extract the files into a place. there are only 3 files. thne you copy the files(cntrl + C) and place them in to the correct folders. (or drag them if you have 2 windows open)

Remix.big goes in the ZH data folder. (C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data) is one on my pc

Scrimish scrit goes in the script folder in the data folder. delete the current one in there and put the remix one in. (C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\Scripts)

Generals.csf goes in the English folder, in the data folder. delete any thing in there, apart from the folder labeled Movies. (C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\English)
Posted Image

#13 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:28 PM

will the new remix be a .ZIP file thing or rar, if rar can u give me a link to d/l winrar?!?!

Yer google winrar it should be the first or second link u will get for teh webstie, and u wont get remix v3 just yet still in alpha stages but a public alpha will be done soonish.
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#14 dave1

dave1
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

try
http://rarlab.com/rar/wrar362.exe

#15 oops2005

oops2005
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

I am waiting for Remix 3 all the time.
I think when it is born, it will be the best CCG mod, and it make ZH a brand new game.

#16 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, it's the best mod for C&C Generals Zero Hour that will ever be made I think. ;) Does Super Weapo nadn Cyborg and Infantry and whatever general also have a techtree like Laser and Tank (that they need to choise where they specializes in like Lightning, Missiles, Plasma Guns, etc)?

#17 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

no, cause cyber is by far the strongest and coolest general to play :) he has some extremely strong mechs, assult spider and Fanfir mechs, and the stormtroopers. so theres no need for a tech tree. laser and tank are the only ones atm who do, although im inclinded to say that toxin kinda does, and i think he will be getting one.

superweapon can own everything when she gets the hyrogen bomb upgrade, its better than the nuke MIRV imo. as it has a larger AOE and looks cool :p. when she gets the emitter and EMP upgrade for her pop up patroits, they stop any thing and everything. the SDI base defence owns hardcore. the heavy SAM sites eat every single Aircraft alive. she has some cool artillry units too, like the long arm missile launcher and sheild generator. he MIRV blackout missile can be very usuful, not doing damage, but its AOE is so god damn large it can shut off an entire base for ages buy you time. it shuts everything down, and intstantly destroys all air units in the AoE.
(for those who dont know. AoE stands for area of effect)

Edited by olli, 11 January 2007 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:41 PM

Blah airforce gen all the way!!!!
Only downsides to the airforce gen IMO is 2 things.

1) Defence sucks even with pends (so called :) lol) incress in defence for his infantry in the firebases they die in seconds and so really makes them anoying and weak. (2 cyber commanchi attacking a line of AF defence can kill all the infantry in them in a few seconds because of the area effect of there cannons attack) Basicly the infantry inside is pointless and a waste of money.

2) Crap in PvP because humans know to spam AA when facing the AF gen.

Appart from them 2 downsides its the greatest gen ever :p lol
Posted Image

#19 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Projects:Remix alpha testing, V/GO beta testing.
  •  Good

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:23 AM

pend and this mod are a lot betetr then hunter and shw. hunter just walked in and took ROTR out of creators hands. you should go see the forum. i loved rotr and creatos work. and now it will be gone b/c hunter walks in and thinks he can win the internets (which he can lol.)
\

Edited by Guy980, 12 January 2007 - 12:24 AM.

#20 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

hunter is like the dutch james bond of the forums..... hes every where LOL. as i heard some body put it.

imo i dont like playing airforce much as it takes quite a lot of micro manage ment, if you want to keep your air units alive, by sending them around the back of the base and exposing there week points. you can just send them in like tanks, because they will all get shot down by the powerfull AA units that the AI ALWAys have around the base in early game. tanks are easy to attack with, as some powerful units avaliable early on, and the Ai doesnt have many base defences up. and you can only have a limited number of air units avaliable, as the airfields take up a lot of room. the tanks are small, and can easily be sent some where in the mean time. and tankes dont require time to reload there weapons. the air units have to drop the bimbs come back wait like 15 seconds before they can attack again. even the light air craft. the tanks just keep firing at a steady speed. i think that airforce is the weekest general imo. he is a pain in the ass in PVP, as if 4 planes attack a base defence it will always be destroyed, but the planes will get destoyed after they drop there payload. and you have to keep rebuilding your AA defence. in PVP he can be used effectivly, but i wouldnt choose him.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users