Photo

What's the best?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: What's the best?

Contra or Remix?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:06 PM

We are a little off topic from best mod to best general... and Remix3 isn't on the list to worry about. This vote is really about what is the best Contra version.

But, as far as our off topic rant... I love AirF general, I love Tank General... Really, I love all the generals I've modded. Any general in the list can rock the map if it just matches your play style. I'd rather micromanage 10 units than spam 100, so AirF is right up my ally.

With AirF there are tricks too to breaking another player in PvP. My favorite is to use several B-52s with gaurd orders around thier base edge. In the safe zone, about 1 full screen width away from the AA zone I place a couple AWACS and a few interceptors. These will shoot down 90% of the missiles before they catch your planes. Then, once the B-52s are safe and hammering the deffenses constantly, fighter strikes can be made against choice targets with ease. Also, I target defenses or powerplants with the general's powers instead of buildings. You'll still use some units to AA, but its well worth it to kill with inpunity.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#22 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:13 AM

I've Voted Contra 5 since the was no Remix 3:(

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:former Remix 3 Alpha Tester
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

id say Contra 005, even though i havent played remix 3 alpha, becuase it crashes when i install it (while doing it right), because in contra it makes you value your units for most of the game, you dont send units to die for no reason it makes it feel like a real war
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:HAving fun
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

thanks dave1 now i can look forwards to remix 3, but will it based on contra 5 or 4?? cheers

#25 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

remix 3 is a totally different play style than contra 5/4. creator and pend share there work, so some models from contra 5/4 will be in remix 3, and visa versa. remix has some of its own unique units ans buildings. and the escalation tech upgrades are different from the rank restrictions in contra.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#26 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:14 PM

id say Contra 005, even though i havent played remix 3 alpha, becuase it crashes when i install it (while doing it right), because in contra it makes you value your units for most of the game, you dont send units to die for no reason it makes it feel like a real war

your obviously not installing it correctly... unless you have the version of ZeroHour that has a duplicate inizh.big in the ini folder.

remix 3 is a totally different play style than contra 5/4. creator and pend share there work, so some models from contra 5/4 will be in remix 3, and visa versa. remix has some of its own unique units ans buildings. and the escalation tech upgrades are different from the rank restrictions in contra.

Olli, you know thats an understatement. This is howmany new things I've added...

[attachment=13331:attachment][attachment=13332:attachment][attachment=13333:attachment][attachment=13334:attachment][attachment=13335:attachment][attachment=13336:attachment][attachment=13337:attachment][attachment=13338:attachment][attachment=13339:attachment][attachment=13340:attachment][attachment=13341:attachment][attachment=13342:attachment]

btw, thats in addition to the Contra.04 contents

Edited by Pendaelose, 14 January 2007 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#27 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:HAving fun
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

OMG man that look amazing just by the pics, im so getting it as soon as it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done i wish i could make modules, gmax was far to complecated :(

also is remix the one with the beefy ownage AI? if it is my dreams have been answered lol!

Edited by PR 4 @LL!!!, 14 January 2007 - 06:26 PM.

#28 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

lol i know its an understatement, i ment theres loads of things in remix, but what i mistakenly put is that there are some contra units in remix and visa versa. lol i didnt mean to type that, you know i mean FUCKING LOADS! ;)
Woot i saw the retrobution tank ;) llol looks fun, i rekon theres more things youve added tbh. whats the tank with the single long cannon on the last photo sheet, where the retrobution tank and dragons touch missile thing is? i take it thats the irradiator tank.
to PR 4 @all, yes remix is the one with the ownage AI.
what are the old skool looking mechs in the first Screenshot pend? i take it they have been replaced with the HK man hunter and tank hunter mechs?

lol pend, i noticed you changed your zombies sig to Remix 3 like mine :D

Edited by olli, 14 January 2007 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#29 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:59 PM

Pend most of the stuff you showed there I already know but some I don't, so I can't wait for the next version of remix^^

And olly your sig is tooo big

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

bah. make it smaller for me then ;)
Posted Image

#31 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

I still loved them old skool mechs :">
And olli your not telling PR 4 All the truth about the AI....

PR 4 All the AI is not just ownage its more "Play this if u wanna die" type ai, ON insain i think you will find there is a good 1/10 chanse you will win.
Really it would be more like 0.5/10 lol

Insain kicks ass.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#32 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:04 PM

lol, that is true:)

there i made my sig smaller, just for you drake:)
Posted Image

#33 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

there i made my sig smaller, just for you drake:)

Not just for drake but the admins aswell cos they bitched at me for the longest time about my old one so i would have bitch slapped u if u ignored drake ;)
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#34 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

we are getting off topic, but okay man, anybody ready to give me some €? So I can get my PC earlier? I want to work a bit for remix so that we could repeat this vote

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:51 AM

stalling it correctly... unless you have the version of ZeroHour that has a duplicate inizh.big in the ini folder.

i have the Asia pacific version (Australia)

actually i don't have the duplicate, i put the BIG file in the Root directory D:/(where Generals is installed)
i put the skirmish scripts in D:\(where Generals is installed)\Data\Scripts, i put the English file in D:\(where Generals is installed)\Data\English, and yes there were no other files in here!

and i get serious error.

if i have missed something let me know
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

stalling it correctly... unless you have the version of ZeroHour that has a duplicate inizh.big in the ini folder.

i have the Asia pacific version (Australia)

actually i don't have the duplicate, i put the BIG file in the Root directory D:/(where Generals is installed)
i put the skirmish scripts in D:\(where Generals is installed)\Data\Scripts, i put the English file in D:\(where Generals is installed)\Data\English, and yes there were no other files in here!

and i get serious error.

if i have missed something let me know

Yeah... you installed it wrong. Remix doens't go in the game root, it goes in the D:\(where Generals is installed)\Data folder.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:11 AM

Yeah... you installed it wrong. Remix doens't go in the game root, it goes in the D:\(where Generals is installed)\Data folder.

thanks it works, you mind me playing it though?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

lol ofc you can! thats why you got the alpha. you have got the alpha right?
Posted Image

#39 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:14 AM

lol ofc you can! thats why you got the alpha. you have got the alpha right?

lol, i found the alpha by accident and like 5 days later some guy gave me the alpha link on hamachi!.

Edited by Death_Pheonix, 17 January 2007 - 09:15 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:05 AM

well, im sure pend wont mind, as long as you dont share the link out with any one! because if he hasnt given it to you, then im sure he wouldnt like it if you gave the link out. so keep it quiet! ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users