#1 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

Feel free to chuck any questions about the mod at us (Especially about the 3 recently updated factions) and we may do our best to answer it.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#2 zetruz

zetruz
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:11 AM

The updates are really complete, no questions needed there. ^_^ Which actually leads us to a question; when will we see more of these updates? Will you wait and update a whole faction, or update it bit by bit? Personally, I'd prefer the first option.

You already know the other question ^_^

#3 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

When will the already completed minifactions be added to the site. The only way to see them is to go to the old forums atm.
Posted Image

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

well, at the subject, I'd like to see it the old way... Mini by minifaction :lol: and also the main factions, but no need to wait untill the whole faction's done.
And about the old factions-to-new-site, they might've done more work on them, so they might be update... I for one, wouldn't mind if they got reposted, instead of just added, and then a news post "Bla1, Bla2, Bla3 and Bla4 is now on the page".... or frankly, I wanna just see more awesome work! ^_^

aanyways, sorry for going out of the topic ^_^
so, my question is.... are those factions complete? I mean in everything, maybe exept balance..

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#5 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

How well does Mordor stand up against the two Good Factions? I would presume not so well, with Good's multiple elite units and Mordor having only Orcs as early game now, though if they could hold off long enough to begin a siege the many upgrades to their disposal would prove quite effective...well?
-elfhelm

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:27 PM

hii'm new to this forum i would like to say hi
and then to ask ... why the coiche to give no fortresses to mordor and isengard?

i was always wandering why also in the original game
why evil player can be rushed and good not?

#7 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

If you mean walls, then the answer is simple, they didnt in the books or films. What need did they have for them? It is not their thing to build big fortresses. Everything will be balanced and there will be many new strategies to try out, so dont worry about rushing.
Posted Image

#8 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

Isengard, Black Gate, Minas Morgul and Barad-Dur were all huge fortresses. I think it's just to do with their gameplay style though, in that they should play attacking, not defensive.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#9 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

But Mordor didnt build any of those except Barad-Dur zimoo :sleep: but 2 of those others were seiged and taken so it does fit them not to have walls

Edited by adummy, 13 January 2007 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Arthedain

Arthedain
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:22 AM

Hi. I just found your mod...cant wait till it comes out guys. nice work. :sleep: I was also considering trying out for one of those available parts, and i have a Microphone, but how do i try out?
If you reply, please E-mail me at lightkolagar@hotmail.com

And, about that fortress talk, Minas Morgul was besieged and Conquered too

Edited by Arthedain, 14 January 2007 - 05:25 AM.

#11 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

Minas Morgul was taken... Barad-Dur was mordor build, and so was the black gate.. Isengard was Gondors, but Saruman got it... But was Black gate a fortress?...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#12 N19HtmAr3

N19HtmAr3

title available

• Project Team
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:Kicking ass...
  •  "who's that guy, anyways?"

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

The Black Gate wasn't built by Mordor... ;) It was built after the Last Alliance to keep control over that area, or however it was...

Anyway, it doesn't really matter... Though, it would be cool if the evil factions could get walls through some sort of upgrade or so... ;)

It's possible I guess... But I don't think it can be done without any bugs... :D (please prove me wrong)

Has this been considered?

#13 Arthedain

Arthedain
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

I do not think that the Black Gate built by Gondor, but the two towers on either side of it definately were. They were part of the guard towers to watch Mordor and keep orcs in. Cirith Ungol and Minas Ithil were the same.

#14 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

Of course it can be done without bugs.

The things stopping it from being implemented are:
  • Balancing
  • Following Tolkien's work & the Film Trilogy
There is no reason to have walls except that it would be cool in your opinion. The modders want to replicate Tolkien's work and the artwork of the films, end of.

Edited by mh_gollum, 14 January 2007 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Arthedain

Arthedain
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

hii'm new to this forum i would like to say hi
and then to ask ... why the coiche to give no fortresses to mordor and isengard?

i was always wandering why also in the original game
why evil player can be rushed and good not?

Do keep in mind that evils troops are build faster than good, and good can, in a way, be rushed

#16 N19HtmAr3

N19HtmAr3

title available

• Project Team
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:Kicking ass...
  •  "who's that guy, anyways?"

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

Of course it can be done without bugs.

The things stopping it from being implemented are:

• Balancing
  • Following Tolkien's work & the Film Trilogy
There is no reason to have walls except that it would be cool in your opinion. The modders want to replicate Tolkien's work and the artwork of the films, end of.

Mr... I only said... that it would've been cool, IF done via an upgrade, aka a very expensive one, a late game sort of thing... That wouldn't affect balancing very much, now would it..?
And... You try to get that working without any bugs... What do you know of modding anyway?

That way, the evil players can choose to play with the original spam and rush tactics... OR, to save all your money, and avoid getting killed until the upgrade has been purchased and THEN (with a good defence) start spamming orcs or whatever... :D

Oh, but then the player can create a fortress which wasn't in the books!!!11! And that's not true to Tolkien at all!!1! OMFG... It's not like that's the exact same thing the good factions do... ;)

Aaaanyway...

My point being... Don't you come here saying any "end of"s... I only spoke my opinion... And if anyone shall say "end of" it's someone who's part of the staff...

Sodd... Off... :D

Ok... I'm done... Just had to get that off my chest... As you where gents... ;)

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

hi i have a question, will there be different versions of the mod i mean an english and a german one for example?
so that i can play the mod even if i have the german maingame.

#18 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

the mod will only be released in English, however, the files' setup will allow end user translation quite easily.

instructions on how to translate the mod will be provided once the mod is released, and installations of translated mod files will be really easy (not to mention that we will provide hosting for popular translations).
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#19 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

hello i'm new to this forum, but have been following this mod for a while and i was wandering how much is known about the general strategy for harad
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#20 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

They will be more on the raiding side, with fast units meant for raiding. There may be some other cool mobility bonuses kind of like the ones the huns in AoE 2 had, like moveable unit producers.

I have a couple questions of my own for the modders. What is the difference between the Citadel Guards and the Guards of the Fountain Court. Also, how do Rohan's elite cavalry compare with the Knights of Dol Amroth?

Edited by Alsch, 15 January 2007 - 11:56 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users