• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1035 replies to this topic

#981 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

Well, gandalf is a fragile old man, but has a bubble shield, and still working on limited information so far, im still going to say gandalf
Posted Image

#982 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:40 PM

Endurant will probably be one of the Dwarves, possibly one of the Elven heroes (we don't know exactly what Thranduil and Celeborn have in store for us yet :p). As for absolute 'BOOM!', then I agree: Gandalf, though it's working on very limited info. ;)
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#983 gandalf123444

gandalf123444
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:45 PM

i know this question is really noobish but i frogot how to change the cp limit on b4me can someone tell me how to change it

#984 kennethain

kennethain

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

• Project Team
  • 158 posts
  • Projects:life.
  •  RA beta rabble

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:57 PM

To the discussion, I'm guessing that Glorfindel will be pretty high up there for most powerful hero.. Gandalf and the Witch King probably there too. Big thing is that Gandalf is a main faction hero, that's a big advantage over others as well (maybe not in the most powerful category but certainly in most useful).
the dude abides.

#985 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about Glorfindel (surprisingly). Yep, he'll definately be somewhere high up with Gandalf and the Witch-King. :p
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#986 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:28 AM

quite random and out of topic sorry but someone refresh my mind and remind me why glorfindel wasnt part of the fellowship?
Posted Image

#987 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:34 AM

He had other things to do, that's all I know. I seem to remember someone (I think Elrond) saying that he 'could not open the way to Mordor nor the Mountain of Fire by the mere power within him', or something like that.

Edited by Olorin, 12 July 2007 - 03:38 AM.

Posted Image

#988 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

an uber elf lord in the fellowship? That wouldn't have brought attention would it now? :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#989 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

Or you could look at it that way. :p
Posted Image

#990 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

and gandalf isnt uber himself? oh well i guess you cant make the fellowship rigged
Posted Image

#991 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:27 PM

Glorfindel was apart of the Fellowship originally. I forget why. Someone around here likely knows.

Besides, one person why is powerful gets plenty of attention as there is, 2 makes it seem something is going on :xd:
Posted Image

#992 halbarad

halbarad

lone wanderer

• Project Team
  • 466 posts
  • Projects:RA, tinkering...
  •  random guy

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

wen gandalf joined the fellowship he was only gandalf the grey. also the wizards arent as well known as they dont often show off their skills. he just looks like a normal old man also, so doesnt stand out, he's the last person you would expect to bust out some uber moves
Now for Wrath, Now for Ruin, and for a Red Dawn...

#993 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

'There remain two more to be found,' said Elrond. "These I will consider. Of my household I may find some that it seems good to me to send.'
`But that will leave no place for us!' cried Pippin in dismay. `We don't want to be left behind. We want to go with Frodo.'
`That is because you do not understand and cannot imagine what lies ahead,' said Elrond.
`Neither does Frodo,' said Gandalf, unexpectedly supporting Pippin. 'Nor do any of us see clearly. It is true that if these hobbits understood the danger, they would not dare to go. But they would still wish to go, or wish that they dared, and be shamed and unhappy. I think, Elrond, that in this matter it would be well to trust rather to their friendship than to great wisdom. Even if you chose for us an elf-lord, such as Glorfindel, he could not storm the Dark Tower, nor open the road to the Fire by the power that is in him.'
`You speak gravely,' said Elrond, `but I am in doubt. The Shire, I forebode, is not free now from peril; and these two I had thought to send back there as messengers, to do what they could, according to the fashion of their country, to warn the people of their danger. In any case, I judge that the younger of these two, Peregrin Took, should remain. My heart is against his going.'
`Then, Master Elrond, you will have to lock me in prison, or send me home tied in a sack,' said Pippin. `For otherwise I shall follow the Company.'
`Let it be so then. You shall go,' said Elrond, and he sighed. 'Now the tale of Nine is filled. In seven days the Company must depart.'

there is a part about Glorfindel directly from the book :xd:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#994 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:08 PM

So Glorfindel would have probably been in if it wasn't for Marry and Pippin.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#995 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

heh, I just remembered that part, but it seemed you beat me to it :grin:

so yeah, Glordy probably would've been in the fellowship if it weren't for Merry and Pippin, but hey, they did make a big difference to the fate of Middle-Earth :mad2:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#996 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

You know when The Team come to marketting the mod when it nears completion on other BFME sites, who's gonna do it?

You could say: The Rhovanion Alliance team have spared every expense in bringing you captivating visual entertainment, our work has been impeccable, exemplary, exquisite, fastidious, excellent and irreproachable.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#997 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:01 PM

a. im curious to why you care what they are going to do to advertise.
b. its likely going to be whoever can do it *cough*mh_gollum*cough*
c. you are late :p
Posted Image

#998 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

Ja... I spend too much time on other forums... including the dead/empty ones *cough*MEV*cough*RTSC*cough*, just advertising T3A and RA and other mods as much as I can.

And before Whopper went to Africa, he did PR along with Nuk.
Posted Image

#999 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

a. im curious to why you care what they are going to do to advertise.
b. its likely going to be whoever can do it *cough*mh_gollum*cough*
c. you are late :p

Well if I was aware of it before hand then i wouldn't have asked about it. :evgr:
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#1000 Harad King

Harad King
  • Project Team
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

Is there any RA banners for fans?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image