Photo

Project for the New American Century

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

Hostile - so you're suggesting, as anti-capitalists, we avoid buying anything, working, etc... not sure hwo the wife fits in... but anyway, not doing that would be totally impractical.

In addition, by 'democracy is a joke', we didn't mean 'fascism ftw!'

Honestly, it's so difficult to get a point forward to you sometimes i wonder why I bother.

Probably because I don't except things at face value. I'm only suggesting you live by your idealogy and not by mine and than sit back and kick our my well implemented system around. See you can't have it both ways and have any credibility. It's a contradiction.

Oh I get it, he means we have to find a suitable mate by buying her absurd amounts of jewellery and things which have been made using gold lovingly mined from African gold mines using beautiful capitalist slave labour. Because if we dind't have rich and poor people, how would you know who to sleep with?

I'll leave that rant right where I found it. Maybe a fool poor person would buy jewlery as an investment or a way to find a mate? Educated people invest thier money more wisely. And normal people don't buy jewlery to find a mate. You basically created all that in your own mind.

Ok. So tell me what other alternatives do I have? What is that I hear? None? zomg! I HAVE to live in this system out of lack of other perspectives. Doesn't mean I can't fight it constantly.

... And since when is getting a wife or planning a retirement a capitalist thing? Again the nonsense train takes off.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ews/1205990.stm

See you can move there. Seems they use the barter system there in that part of the UK...

And when you grow up and get a wife and have kids, you'll understand better about planning for your childrens future. And I don't mean at the end of the barrel of an AK-47 either.

See at a certain point you'll put your ideals down like the rest of us. Unless you have no plans of being married or having kids. Than it's understandable, if you fall into the same slot as Kal (not on this earth to procreate) does. Than you really have nothing to lose. And everything to gain...

See the rest of us are civilians not militants. So be sure to reduce our deaths as much as possible in your revolution. :(

#22 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:00 AM

You worry me.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#23 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

I'll leave that rant right where I found it. Maybe a fool poor person would buy jewlery as an investment or a way to find a mate? Educated people invest thier money more wisely. And normal people don't buy jewlery to find a mate. You basically created all that in your own mind.

Tell that to the fat cats of America. Rich kid parties usually turn in to a "who can carry more gold" contest. Actually that's the way it is in most capitalist parts of the world.

And when you grow up and get a wife and have kids, you'll understand better about planning for your childrens future. And I don't mean at the end of the barrel of an AK-47 either.

See at a certain point you'll put your ideals down like the rest of us. Unless you have no plans of being married or having kids. Than it's understandable, if you fall into the same slot as Kal (not on this earth to procreate) does. Than you really have nothing to lose. And everything to gain...

See, there we have it - you pathologising my ideals. I suppose Ross Perot was a barbarian to you as well. You also claim that "when I grow up I will understand" and "put my ideals down" falsely identifying me as immature. I don't know about you but I believe my kids living in capitalism would be the worst sort of pathology. I would have to fight constantly for my place in society so I can allow my children a better future, less I would to succumb to the depths of poverty and fail. I wouldn't stare down the barrel of an AK but rather down the eyes of multiple individuals who would love nothing than to take my boring white-collar but good payed position at work - the same work me and everyone else at my workplace utterly hates for it's pointlessness, but has to work here or face the poverty. What would you expect in a country which has 20% of unemployment? It does so because of capitalism and it's failures.

But I suppose it is all normal to you. As normal that you don't see any alternatives. Slaves born in slave labour didn't see any alternative to their miserable lives too. I believe that's a good analogy.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#24 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

And I wonder, you know, how it is that Hostile ever had the gall to shout at Kal or to warn him. I mean, check out that sig (not to mention his gay-bashing). If that's not gloriously closed-minded, I don't know what is.

Pot: "Hiya, Kettle. Nice to see you. My, isn't that a nice shade of black you have there?"

I swear, I've never seen a worse crock of straw-man arguments in all my life.
When the going gets tough, blame the heathen. It worked for Catholicism and for Islam, it's good enough for Hostile. I frankly find that attitude to be highly offensive, and every bit as bad as any "Islamic fascist" who calls you an infidel. Why don't you don your fucking dynamite vest and come after me? I'll even give you my address. :)

Next argument you make, Hostile, don't just turn it into a slew of insults. Or else you can hardly be surprised when Kal or I reciprocate with our own snidey comments at you.

Edited by Paradox, 16 January 2007 - 11:26 AM.

#25 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

And for gods sake, if you want to make fun of "Islamic Fascists" learn to spell "Fascists" right.

(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

#26 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

i would have to say that the ideology in that village is probably the only way that this planet would have a chance to live on for more than 500 years. naturally they take it quite far by making their own power and give out work, but to recycle and try not to create too much stuff that messes up nature is really a wise thing.

i have to say that hostile's political opinions are very black and white. it seems that if we don't embrace capitalism in the materialistic form that it has today, arabic people will come with ak's and convert America into a islamic theocracy(which wouldnt take that much work, since saudi-arabians have plenty of lobbying power over there already. if they started squeezing some more oil into washington you would be islamic in no time).

it seems to be the blueprint example of average joe's political opinion imo. "you are wrong and America is right" kinda thing. naturally i bet that hostile is not a complete bigot, but when it comes to economic politics he is pretty close to it.

Edited by duke_Qa, 16 January 2007 - 01:22 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#27 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ews/1205990.stm

See you can move there. Seems they use the barter system there in that part of the UK...

What a brilliant place.
I knew it was possible. I knew it!
Thanks for the link.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#28 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:30 PM

I can't believe I spelled it wrong. It was late and I was in a hurry. I'll fix it when I get home. Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor around here anymore?

Honestly, I didn't curse anyone out, I didn't call anyone names, and I didn't gay bash. So lighten up people. Go back and reread everything I said. Opinionated statements yes, bashing no.

Unless reasonable freedom of speech no longer allows opinionated statements except when bashing capitalists and christians. Than it's ok of course...

And since when can't a person have an opinionated signature?

#29 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

Fine then, I'll put in an american flag with a swastika in it. :)
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:45 PM

I wish some people here on this forum would just get over their little selves and stop this nonsense. It's the same sort of thing I see over and over again posted here in the Think Tank. It's not leading ANYWHERE people.

#31 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

Funny you say that I was thinking of making one for you all. Take Pinky and the Brain and label it US government and US population.

I'll give that a go tonight. Maybe I'll make a whole string of dirrent ones making fun of everyone and everything sensitive, so everyone is equally insulted. :)

I'll even make sure I spell it wrong. :blink:

#32 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

I'm afraid you missed my point.

EDIT Your post may have been submitted only shortly after mine.

#33 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

hmm, yes things usually fall into the same pitfalls when we come onto certain topics. it seems hard to avoid them too. you either got the religious topics of you got the political-economic topics.

and most topics can be twisted onto that rail quite easily if you don't want to focus too much on the topic at hand i guess.

so lets try to do something on topic which also digs into the standard discussions:

what is the big difference between the people behind project for the new american century and those people who make their own power and food and live with nature? if you had to choose one of them to control the world, which one would you want?
the american century guys would give you all the material desires that you could get, but crimes against humanity would be abundant to say the least, "let us eat cake, and kill the peasants". the anti-materialistic and pro-nature guys would force us to sacrifice alot of the stuff that we are used to, but in the long run earth might be alot more peaceful.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#34 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

I wish some people here on this forum would just get over their little selves and stop this nonsense. It's the same sort of thing I see over and over again posted here in the Think Tank. It's not leading ANYWHERE people.

So are we supposed to stop discussing then? No insults are thrown around so nothing is wrong tbh. The whole internet doesn't lead anywhere, yet people are using it - I suppose it's just our destiny to invent things that are pointless, and sit around for hours on end using them.

Oh and Hostile, do spell it right so that it looks more pr0, not cobbled together in one minute. It's what creates the whole feeling.

#35 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:45 PM

Blaat, how can there ever be understanding if there is no communication?
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Pastinator

Pastinator

Wild(With An M)

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Projects:Apocalypse-Zombie RP in the RPG Guild

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

O, sorry, i thought that was just weird letters

/me wishes he would stop embaressing himself on this forum.

Oh, and guy's, why can't we be friends?
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Join the Campaign for Insanity! Don't Put This in Your Sig to Show your Support!

#37 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

There is more to life than procreation. If anything it should be the last thing on your mind.

Even without my sexuality, I still take the 'Philip Larkin' approach to child-rearing

crueller men would say the 'Huxleyan' approach to child-rearing but they can just fuck off
Posted Image

#38 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

There is more to life than procreation. If anything it should be the last thing on your mind.

Oh I agree, why haste something that isn't needed anyways?

Why would one want kids anyways?
I've always been a bit mispedotrophic (child hater) anyways... :p

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#39 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:25 PM

You should read a poem called 'this be the verse'.
Posted Image

#40 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:26 PM

You should read a poem called 'this be the verse'.

Found it.

This Be The Verse

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.