*Fatal* String Manager Error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gandalforce

Gandalforce
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:56 PM

Hey Celegin, this mod looks awsome, but when i installed the teabeta2 and after installation, when i click the shortcut on my desktop, a fatal error pops up. It says:

***FATAL***String Manager failed tontialized properly.

If you could give me some help, that would be good. :dry:

So do all who live to face such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
-Mithrandir

May the Force be with you, and Godspeed my friend.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this text into your singnature.

#2 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:03 AM

Did you read through the installation help tips given in the installer?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Lalmanegro

Lalmanegro
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  •  Couch Potatoe

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:54 AM

If you read through the other topics that say "HELP!!! :lol: ;) " you could probably figure out how to install it properly...there are about 5 on the second page
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:36 AM

Two or three of them in French.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#5 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

I'll paste what's in the installer:

It is CRUCIAL for you to READ THIS PAGE. It will help you with most installation problems. It is suggested that you copy and print this page for future reference.

To play this mod, you will need the following:
- a genuine copy of Battle for Middle-Earth
- the ENGLISH version of the game installed
- patch 1.03
- a clean Battle for Middle-Earth root folder

The last (clean BFME root folder) is a result of self-tampering with the source BFME files or from poorly delivered mods. To clean your BFME root folder, you must first uninstall BFME. You then go to the root BFME folder (should be in Program Files/EA Games/ or Games/EA Games) and delete any excess files kicking around. Reinstall your game and then repatch.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Gandalforce

Gandalforce
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

Ah,i found my error, the start in and taget destinations are wrong, i installed a new hard drive to make more space for my computer, and its called F, not C, and the orginal target and start in destinationbs were:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe"

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" –mod ElvenAlliance.big

now they just have F and it works. :D

:

"F:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe"

"F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" –mod ElvenAlliance.big

Thanks for the tips guys, i know some one kinda had this issue to in another thread.

Great Modification Celegin, Godspeed.

So do all who live to face such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
-Mithrandir

May the Force be with you, and Godspeed my friend.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this text into your singnature.

#7 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

Gah, stupid installer's supposed to give you the option to change that kind of stuff *kicks installer*. Have fun!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:50 PM

Gah, stupid installer's supposed to give you the option to change that kind of stuff *kicks installer*. Have fun!

what files do i have to get rid of and what files should i leave in the root folder
im not a very smart person when it comes to these things and im scared if i fiddle with things i dont know about i dont want it to explode :lol:

#9 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

You shouldn't have to mess with anything in the root folder
The installer should work on it's own
Celeglin was talking about if you installed bfme on a differant drive then the usual C:, you change that in the properties on the icon in the target box
For example, the target is normally
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" "#:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" –mod ElvenAlliance.big -win
If say bfme is on the D: drive, you would change the C at the very begining to D :lol:

btw, the win isn't normally there, it just changes it into window mod ;)

Edited by Elvenlord, 19 January 2007 - 12:18 AM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users