• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#1 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

i was wandering what the minifactions for harad will be like, their units, powers, heros and so on and i thought it would make a good discusion
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#2 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

Minifactions:
Corsairs of Umbar:
Hero is some pirate leader, don't know name
Units decent infantry and archers

Khand:
Variags, two sworded fast cavalry, with hero being a stronger
one whose name I also don't know

Far Harad:
Heavy units, being the half-trolls - dark skinned, large men
Hero is the one tolkien named, ditto for name
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#3 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

corsairs don't have fire bombs do they?
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

#4 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:59 AM

I doubt they will. It will be pretty hard to code.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#5 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

easy to code, but I haven't looked at their abilities list yet so I can't answer.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#6 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

Well, that's contradictory. Will they have any special abilities?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#7 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:18 AM

As I've said, coding bombs is easy so it shouldn't be a problem if the staff decides to include bombs, but I haven't looked yet at the abilities' list yet for said Corsairs so I can't answer.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#8 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

Well, bombs would add a bit of strategy to them. In a click of the mouse they can become your anti-structure unit, so it would be good to include something like that for them. But those are my thoughts on the matter.
Posted Image

#9 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:39 PM

If its am special ability then I presume its not like BFME2 where they throw bomb after bomb
Posted Image

#10 MorgoththeMight

MorgoththeMight
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  BFME player

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:02 PM

You mean that it would be better if it's more like a power?.. you use the power and the bombs do heavy damage to targeted building. that would be quite cool yes, but where did you got the idea of firebombs..?

#11 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:21 PM

BFME2 of course.. :lol: but yeah, a special ability would fit better IMO ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#12 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

did fire bombs exist in the books

#13 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

Little is mentioned of Harad in the books, but there may be something somewhere.
Posted Image

#14 Núkumnëhtar

Núkumnëhtar

Humbled Warrior

• Project Team
  • 342 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance, Celeglin's Elven Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member; Coder/Audio Editor/Novice Mapper/Rare-time-skinner

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

If the bombs get into the mod then they surely won't be like they are in BfME II. They would be used one at a time to start fires on buildings and look like small clay jars filled with Greek Fire in them (look in Kingdom of Heaven if you wish to see a logical example).
Posted Image

#15 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

i think they should be mostly a weaker, faster version of isengard's mine

#16 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:32 AM

If the bombs get into the mod then they surely won't be like they are in BfME II. They would be used one at a time to start fires on buildings and look like small clay jars filled with Greek Fire in them (look in Kingdom of Heaven if you wish to see a logical example).

I like this idea. The mine doesn't really seem like the right way to describe it though.
Posted Image

#17 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:48 AM

sory i meant like the mines in their unit type not aperence or attack style

#18 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:07 AM

That's ok. I knew what you meant anyway :lol:. Anyway, back to topic.

Edited by Olorin, 19 January 2007 - 04:08 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

Bombs are one big nono. Arg.

I have a few thoughts on Corsairs.. we'll see what happens. However they most certainly wont have fire bomby things...

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#20 Witch King of Angmar

Witch King of Angmar
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

See what refernces you can find in the books. I must admit it would be very cool, but I can't see it happening unless it was definitely in the books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users