• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#481 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:37 AM

Either way, I wouldn't want to pick a fight with one ^_^
Oh, and 'great apes' are mentioned in the same chapter stated by Uruk King.
Cheers,
-mike

#482 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:40 AM

^If EA made this mod, then say hello to ape riders. I am fine that harad only has mumaks and horses, as anything else (unless already confirmed) would be just considered fake.
Posted Image

#483 hman

hman
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

Great apes, that sounds interesting. :p
Posted Image

#484 b8z

b8z
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:15 PM

no idea if this has at all been asked or answered etc but in the return of the king movie the mumaks had people steering them (i cant remember what they are called) but eomer threw a spear at one and killed one and legolas also killed one wen he was sliding down the mumak but i just wondered if they would be in the game at all graphically or have an effect as an upgrade

#485 halbarad

halbarad

lone wanderer

• Project Team
  • 466 posts
  • Projects:RA, tinkering...
  •  random guy

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

they are the mahud, the mumakil's 'driver' as it were and yes theyre in but its not decided how exactly, probably as an upgrade that increases experience or attack.
Now for Wrath, Now for Ruin, and for a Red Dawn...

#486 b8z

b8z
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

i see thnx

#487 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

Now that the Far harad ideas for Harad minifac have been cancelled, i read something about a Southern Rhun faction, where the men of the lands between Harad, Rhun and Khand live, their weapons anr armour resembling Easterling armor and weapons.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#488 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

okay...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#489 hman

hman
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

My guess is that if Far Harad is out Rhun will replace them. It'll be just like Lothlorien with Rohan and Murkwood
Posted Image

#490 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

Not "just like". Somewhere, Bard posted a lot of decipher photos showing how the art would vary, plus there could be different units as we can creative here (Lothlorien had limited options as we had the movie for hard-reference).
Posted Image

#491 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

I also understand that the Half Trolls of Far Harad have been moved to the Main harad faction as heavy infantry.

So I'd like to make a few idea for the new undecided minifaction. But I don't really want it to be Rhun, but a realm that's a blend of Rhun and Harad.

Nafarat

Breif Description: In the distant Land of Nafarat; the Haradrian name for the lands east of Far harad and south of Near Harad, the sweeping deserts begin to give way to arid plains. It is in these lands that the Nafaratri; the inhabitants of this distant land, have formed a Realm of Sstronger

Desert Scimitars - swift warriors with blades of steel

Camel Riders - Slow anti cavalry riders,

Redsand Archers - long range archers with more than average damage

In the assumption that the Khand mini-fac provides elite cavalry and a few footsoldiers/archers, and that Umbar provides seige weapons and and raiding infantry, the Nafarat minifac provides a more generally elite range of units. But not as in high armour/damage, the Desert Scimitars, do posses high damage and speed but that's at the expense of armour. Redsand archers have decent range and slightly better damage, but they also aren't all that srong. The Camel riders are the real tough ones, but they function differently from other cavalry, they have spikes attatched to their hides, meant to skewer cavalry as they go. But they don't posses trample as shared by most cavalry. aAnd can be taken out by strong upgrades swordmen. They're basically spearmen on camels

My sources of inspiration:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/harad/
http://uk.games-work...harad/tribes/1/

I don't know what you quys have in store for a 3rd Harad mini-fac, so I decided to make this list up.

Moreover, if I do learn how to skin and model, I'm willing to contribute my efforts to the mod by designing thes units
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users