• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:43 AM

This mod brings Generals Zero Hour to Yuri's Revenge, but only the idea. There are new generals, new units, new buildings, and even some remaked maps of Generals Zero Hour in this mod. As with the normal Geenrals Zero Hour, you have GLA, China, and USA. However, instead of 3 generals for each faction, I have 4 generals! China has a normal tech tree, Nuclear Reactor – Barracks or Supply Center – War Factory or Airfield – Technolgoy Center etc. The cheap and weak units at the beginning and the better units later. The USA has the longest tech tree, and they can't build everything. They have to make choices, do you want to have particle technology or do you want to have railgun technology? This has a good and a bad point, the good thing is that the enemy don't know what you are gonna build, but the bad thing is that you can't build other things then that you've choosen. GLA is the most mobile faction, from their Command Center you can build a Mobile Reactor, a Mobile Supply Center, a Mobile Barracks, a Mobile War Factory, etc. The vehicle must deploy in order to function.

-Update-

There are 15 factions, China, USA, and GLA, and 12 generals, 4 for each faction. The USA got a Laser General, a Airforce General, a Cyborg General, and a Super Weapons General. The Laser General can choose to specialize in Plasma technolgoy, Particle technology, and Railgun technology. The Airforce General can choose to specialize in Planes, Helicopters, and Anti-Air. The Cyborg General can choose to specialize in Drones, Cyborgs, and Mechs. The Super Weapon General can choose to specialize in EMP, Defences, and Super Weapons. China has also 4 generals, the Nuclear General, the Tank General, the Infantry general, and the Flame General. The GLA has the Chemical General, the Demolition General, the Stealth General, and the Scrap General.

Edited by need my speed, 18 January 2007 - 06:13 PM.

Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#2 Gosho

Gosho

Go for it!

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • Projects:C&C Mahaira
  •  Doing something hideous, disturbing, anti-social

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

There is already YR: Zero Hour :|

And you still have no Graphical skills, but you attempt a mod with so many sides. I smell fail.

#3 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

roffles, way too ambitious.

I would seriously suggest reading this pinned topic by Major_Gilbear

http://forums.revora...showtopic=24234

Edited by Allied General, 18 January 2007 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

#4 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

This isn't like YR Zero Hour. This is a YR TC into Generals from what i read, which is pointless and wont get anywhere. :lol:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:06 AM

I don't get you Bolt, but YR: ZH is dead (or I think it is). I've already looked at the topic from Major_Gilbear. And Gosho, I know I'm bad with graphics, but maybe this is the change to improve them?
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?

#6 Gosho

Gosho

Go for it!

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • Projects:C&C Mahaira
  •  Doing something hideous, disturbing, anti-social

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

YR: ZH is not dead, geno is just on a long vacation. And you'd be better off learning to create graphics at first, then start a projects such as this.

#7 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • Projects:Her
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

im for the mod, but gosho is right, you would produce a better quality mod... and cmon who doesnt wanna play a 15 faction mod?

Edited by ZeroSamuraiX, 19 January 2007 - 06:09 PM.

No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#8 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

Ah, atleast someone who is supporting this mod. :) But as I've said earlier, maybe this is the perfect way to improve my graphic skills? :p

#9 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  • Projects:Drinking coffee
  •  Floating about

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

I started out similar way, I did not turn out that bad I think :p

Good luck with the mod and learning more about graphics :)
If people were more constructive with their comments, then this place would be more enjoyable
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:40 PM

If you only think that your mods didn't turned out bad, then you're a fool. :) Man you have some of the bestest mods around here. :p And thanks for the good luck. :lol:

#11 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:46 AM

Knowing your limits is one thing, setting them is another :lol:
If you're determined enough you'll find a way :p
I'd be more concerned about the originality of the concept - I mean, YR doesn't cater for many of the features in G:ZH, and even if you did copy it perfectly, why not just play G to begin with?

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#12 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:23 AM

I don't gonna copy Generals Zero Hour, you'll indeed find some units of Generals Zero Hour, but most of the units are not in Generals Zero Hour. :p Like the tech tree of GLA and USA, have you ever seen those tech trees in normal Generals Zero Hour? :lol:

#13 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

good luck...
your going to need it with this crowd
Total Annihilation is the only battle strategy.

#14 ivan55599

ivan55599
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:57 AM

This is pretty good idea :lol: , and this mod good for those, who don't want play ordinary generals: ZH (for exmple l, too much lag and loading, too low space :crazed: ) and who don't play campaings in that game. Computer doesn't need much memory to play this mod :good: .

Fear Soviet Union and Brotherhood of Nod!

#15 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

this will turn out interesting.

#16 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for posting! At last, my forum gets active!

#17 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

no comment

#18 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

So why do I see a comment. :) But let's not turn this into an spam topic. I knwo it's hard to live with such great mods in this forum...Totally epic, not? Oh wait, I was dreaming away. Infected by Robot Storm made by, I guess, Apollo, Speeders Mental Omega, and Bolt's own Apocalypse I guess.

#19 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:01 PM

you need to show some progress and a name...
ex: sshots

#20 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:20 PM

Well, I'm working on the other, unnamed, mod. Maybe I'll call it just AYAW, And Yet Another War. Sounds boring, but funny IMO (imagine Soviets sending in millions of Apocalypses and Kiroves and all Allies are garantued to fall, and the president gives as reaction 'Ah, it's just another war. We'll eventually win.'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users