Being Hosted on Revora?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pod22

pod22
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:04 AM

Hi, I am the leader of the mod Tactical Warfare for CnC Generals ZH. My team and I are looking into getting hosted on Revora, but I have a few questions. If we are hosted here, does that mean that I or someone on my team would have to make the website and forums, and Revora provides a server for them? What I mean by this is that I do not know, HTML, PHP, Flash, or any thing else that could make a website or forum. Is there a way of dealing with this? Also, just to make sure, it is free, right? Thanks is advance for your replies, TW would really like to join a community like this. :lol:

#2 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:27 AM

You use our forums, so you don't need to worry about that. We do like for you to create a site, but it isn't absolutely necessary. And yes, it is quite free. I suggest you visit http://hive.gamemod.net/ to see the full details about our hosting.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#3 pod22

pod22
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:09 AM

Could you clarify "create a site?" What exactly does that entail?

#4 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:09 AM

You can decide yourself how "good" your site must be, and if nobody of your team is capable of doing a site, you don't need to worry either. There are many mods that don't have a site online and just use the forums here.

Revora does have a group of skilled web designers/engineers but they are quite overloaded with stuff, so you can't expect that they will make you one. But theoretically it would be possible. So you'd have to ask...

Edited by Dark Lord of the Sith, 20 January 2007 - 09:12 AM.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#5 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

Indeed, there are no limitations beyond what the sever can handle, Cutenews (a superior and secure news system is provided upon request) & PHPNuke being forbidden, and the fact that a site will not appear on the network bar if it does not itself include it.
I wouldn't be too worried about it - a new mod won't have much need for a site anyway.
However, html and css are not that difficut to learn, and if you do have any questions, they'd probably get answered :lol:

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#6 pod22

pod22
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:03 AM

Ok, the site can be made using HTML, right?

#7 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:21 AM

Ok, the site can be made using HTML, right?

Not much else you can make a site from :)

All sites on the internet have a base of HTML. It's how you define what the site looks like.

#8 pod22

pod22
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:41 AM

gotcha, can you tell I've never made a website before?

#9 The Unit

The Unit
  • Project Team
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:44 AM

gotcha, can you tell I've never made a website before?

NOOB :)

#10 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:16 AM

There is a difference between n00b and newbie. Newbie wants to learn, n00b pretends to know everything... He is a newbie who is trying to learn what is HTML.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#11 pod22

pod22
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:49 AM

Ok, I applied to get hosted :) How long does it usually take until I hear back?

#12 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:08 AM

One day... maybe a bit more, but usually less than one day...
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#13 The Unit

The Unit
  • Project Team
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:45 PM

There is a difference between n00b and newbie. Newbie wants to learn, n00b pretends to know everything... He is a newbie who is trying to learn what is HTML.

actualy im learnin it to do it for him lol he just had an account here b4 i did so he asked the question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users