Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:29 PM

Various News Items - 25/01/07

It's been a while since the last news post, but I've been having connection problems from the end of December through the better half of January. But it's all fixed now.

The ModDB Awards were announced today. Though The Elven Alliance didn't win anything, Mental Omega another Revora mod for Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge got an honourable in the Strategy Genre Award. Half-Life 2 mods nearly swept the Awards (again), but there were still some great mods up there. Make sure to check out all the awards here. Thanks for all your support, getting into the Top 100 has to have been the biggest accomplishment of this mod ever. Can't thank you all enough.

Make sure to check out the higher-resolution version of the exclusive trailer I submitted to the Awards here.

In terms of the mod, a new release may be scheduled for the near future, featuring further balancing and a completely high-resolution Gondor faction. At the moment though, there isn't enough new/changed content to justify making you all download another huge file (as I can't quite get patches working).

Next, I have a little announcement for you all :

Posted Image

Anyone who frequents the forum will probably have seen plans for this project already in the making, but here's the official announcement. Once I feel that I've sufficiently completed work on The Elven Alliance, I'm going to be working on The Last Twilight. Call it a sequel, call it an expansion, whatever. In a nut shell, the Elven faction will be split up into two factions (Eriador and Rhovanion), allowing for lots more units and more heroes, including the Sons of Elrond who are featured in the above teaser poster. Work won't begin in The Last Twilight until the original mod is completed, so please don't ask for progress until I give it.

As a final note, I may have to take a short break from modding for a few weeks. I'm very busy with classes and shoots for the next while. I'm also finding that motivation is hard to come back lately. But don't worry, I won't "disappear" again.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

What exactly is the "emotion system" you hint at? Other than that bit of confusion, great job on the skins.

#3 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:07 AM

its is when units run away in fear. Changing it so like orcs will have to be level 8 not to run away from a Nazgul's screech. But a unit like the Spearmen of the Havens will only have to be 2 not to run away

Edited by adummy, 26 January 2007 - 01:08 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:25 AM

What adummy said is definitely part of it. I'm also going to go through the taunting and pointing system as well as look into things like passive fear eminating from large groups of orcs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

Hmm. Sounds interesting, it'll defenitely add some depth to the game.

#6 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:20 AM

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY CELEGLIN! ^_^
too bad you didn't win anything :thumbsupsmiley:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#7 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:58 AM

^^Should've though; from beginning this mod as an amatuer (so to speak) to becoming professional, that deserves something. Just a question: one of the twin pictures up there isn't Elrohir/Elladan (I forgot which one :( ) is it? Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the new emotion system. What other things do you have planned for that?

Edited by Olorin, 26 January 2007 - 07:59 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#8 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:38 AM

Left (in green) is Elladan, right is Elrohir (in blue). Subtle differences include trim colour, hair, and embroidery (hard to tell in these frontal shots). Depending on how they look ingame, those differences may need to be made more apparent.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:42 AM

They probably would have to be, yeah. I didn't even realise that they had different colours.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#10 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

Well if it were a BFME mod award you wouldve swept the floor. No other mod beats it for this game.
Posted Image

#11 Amroth

Amroth
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

Sorry you didn´t win :(
But I´m sure The Last Twilight will be great.

Edited by Amroth, 26 January 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#12 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

Dude... a sequel to an already great mod, can't be ungreat, can it?

Or no, wait.... BFME2...

anyways, good going Cel! ;) Also, congrats on your "own" forums ;) Now I don't have to click on the "Hosted Mods" link, then the "Elven Alliance" :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#13 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:19 PM

You could always click on the text link to Elven Alliance underneath the main link. Oh well, too late for that now :p

Congrats on getting into the top 100 Celeglin, it's just unfortunate that the BFME modding community isn't larger.

And the Sons of Elrond look amazing ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#14 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

Celeglin congrats.

this new emotion system, would it be an idea to add some rage in it??
like a gondor soldier can't be controlled anymore like a mumakil if it gets hit several times?
but perhaps it is too much for you to do right?
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#15 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

I doubt that that would even happen.... I think that either they run away first, getting slaughtered by own archers of course, or they die fighting... their pepole, not animals :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#16 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:10 AM

I like the idea of rage, but not for Gondor, doesn't suit their peaceful nature. Maybe for a very large group of Rohirrim (something similar to the large group of orcs thing that you've got working) could have like a rage boost, making them temporarily resistant to fear? Probably too hard to code though.

Edited by Olorin, 04 February 2007 - 12:49 AM.

Posted Image

#17 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:35 PM

very nice skin and model Cel. i am really interested how will witchking's anims suit to elven warrior.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

Me and my friend were going to make a comic episode from TEA and we wanted to do Isen vs. Rohan as in the Three Hunters being chased by the Uruks, you know from the movie. Unfortunately, Legolas got removed from Rohan so I don't know what to do since normal BfME doesn't have Ugluk. :(

#19 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

Add RohanLegolas to the playertemplate for Rohan :ninja:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#20 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:52 AM

But didn't Celeglin put some sort of security thingy (please excuse the name) on his work so no one can fiddle around with it?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users