Nertea skin mod

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ProBaller92

ProBaller92
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:41 AM

nertea are you going to do a skin mod for bfme2 or rise of the witchking? the skins are terrible, your skins would look so much more better in online play.... or maybe redo ur old one for bfme?

#2 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:32 AM

Firstly, please attempt to think about your sentences before you begin to type them, half of that is incoherent. Secondly, if you want to talk to one specific person, don't make a new thread, just PM that person. I don't mean to be rude to a new person, so it's just for future reference.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#3 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:20 AM

Alsch, please refrain from being forum police. This does technically belong somewhere else though.

No I'm not going to do one for BFME2. For one I don't have the game anymore and for two it would take quite a while considering all the material there is to reskin. Oh and also I refuse to even be associated with the angmar units.

I don't see why the old one can't be adapted to BFME2, it's just a matter of replacing the skins again.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#4 Durin

Durin
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

Nertea, this whole BFME2 thing made me courius... (although this very noobish I guess):

I know that you guys considered a RA conversion for BFME2 at some point.
Would it be possible to get the slot-buidling-system into BFME2? Cuz that's one of the things I really liked in BFME.
If so, would it make any sense to convert it to BFME2 (because it would be the same game then)?

If it makes sense... I remember some EA guy saying that BFME2 is like a Beta for C&C. If C&C really uses a "updated/improved" BFME2 engine, wouldn't it make more sense to convert the Mod to C&C then?

#5 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

from my point of view there are only two things that makes BFME2 a bit better than BFME. first is that there is more anims which gives more oportunity for units to be more unique than in BFME. second is that somethings that arent possible to code in BFME are quite easy in BFME2 :p

but the mod is for BFME , no matter what i personaly think ;)

btw: C&C will use completly diffrent system of coding and new file format for models and anims as far as i know.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:56 PM

Alsch, please refrain from being forum police.

Fair enough.

And on topic, converting things over to BFME2 would be putting it in a whole new engine, essentially forcing the entire mod to be done over again.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#7 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

And on topic, converting things over to BFME2 would be putting it in a whole new engine, essentially forcing the entire mod to be done over again.

It's not the engine that's different. Both games use the same SAGE engine.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

Well, it would take more work and more time than is required.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#9 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:05 AM

It's not the engine that's different. Both games use the same SAGE engine.

Nevermind me then.

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#10 Haldir of Lothlorien

Haldir of Lothlorien
  • New Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

Hi Boys I have got a question i want to do my skin with wahat program or with waht folder i must do this ?

#11 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:23 PM

You mean create a skin for Haldir? An imaging program to create the skin, finalbig to open up the .big files, asset maker to add the skin to the asset list. Go to the Third Age website for tutorials. And a question like this is much more suited to the BFME1 Modding section in the Third Age forums which are also hosted here.

Edited by mh_gollum, 28 February 2007 - 07:13 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

IN both games there is a skin for haldir.... in BFME2 there is a high rez, wich of course EA only used for a few seconds in a movie, wich you can easily use :cool2:

it's called EUHaldir_C. I think it's EU, might be RU :cool2: anyways C stands for Cinematic, and you know what that means? Pretty images = everything to EA!! :p ther should also be a EUHaldir, or RU, delete it, and rename the other one to EUHaldir (or RU)

then, follow the Eye's command.... (mh gollum) or to make it easier, do so right away :cool2:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users